Black guy hair cuts

the context of piece was for the time period of conks and the struggle for racial identity.

so using that as a reference for today's styles regarding "relaxing" hair is super irrelavent. 

i consider the term "self-hatred" as a symptom for a major psychological dysfunction, so using that term is ignorant

Conforming to the corporate image of how a black man should be groomed. A low cut can almost be thought of as synonymous with suppression of culture and ethnicity. Like in the corporate world, a black man with dreads or an afro would be frowned upon as opposed to one with a clean and low cut.

Also I remember reading on NT a while back about how Obama doesn't get lined up in order to not appear "too black".

This is the only rationale I can fathom. I think corporate perception on how a black man's hair is groomed isn't as bad as it used to be though.
I prefer my hair low cause I prefer it your rationale is kinda reaching

i consider the term "self-hatred" as a symptom for a major psychological dysfunction, so using that term is ignorant
so young girls being taught that their natural hair is inadequate in 2014 wouldn't be categorized as a major psychological dysfunction?

or are you just playing coy for the sake of argument?

N_'s who use relaxer the epitome of self hate. 

So is a low cut
explain.

Conforming to the corporate image of how a black man should be groomed. A low cut can almost be thought of as synonymous with suppression of culture and ethnicity. Like in the corporate world, a black man with dreads or an afro would be frowned upon as opposed to one with a clean and low cut.

Also I remember reading on NT a while back about how Obama doesn't get lined up in order to not appear "too black".

This is the only rationale I can fathom. I think corporate perception on how a black man's hair is groomed isn't as bad as it used to be though.

Kids get low cuts so what are you talking about?

reach-for-the-sky-reach-for-your-goals.jpg

reach-for-the-sky-reach-for-your-goals.jpg

Lol let me know where the reach is fella; just offering up my rationale of dude's statement. *shrug*

so young girls being taught that their natural hair is inadequate in 2014 wouldn't be categorized as a major psychological dysfunction?

or are you just playing coy for the sake of argument?
huh?

the act of teaching about the inadequacy of natural is not categorized as a major psychological dysfunction, nor is the act of relaxing your hair.

a major psychological dysfunction would induce self harm - e.g. anorexia, depression. 

"self-hatred" could be a symptom for both those diseases.

but this isn't about female hair. we are talking about black male hair, and you said relaxing your hair is a form of self hatred.

and i disagreed because it is now considered a style more so than a social conformity like it was in the 1940s-70s 

Dude said getting low cuts is conforming to white America and fitting in to the workplace and I'm like even kids? Dude was reaching

He wasn't reaching tho.

I wouldn't say it's self hatred but he's spot on.

As far as kids getting low cuts, it's not like they're making the decision on their own :lol:

Thread makes me appreciate my barber :lol: not to say there isn't any good cuts in here but a good barber is always appreciated :smokin Just hate how I have to make sure to schedule my appointments like minimum 3 weeks in advance even though he's my legit family :lol: :smh: Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
@ what this thread has become.

I thought it was annoying when dudes were posting tapers and kept asking, "What kind of cut is this?" but the shenanigans now... 
mean.gif

wtf how. its just another way to style hair. 

thats like saying white ppl who dreadlock their hair is the epitome of self hate.
What, bruh? You sure you belong in this Thread...? 
grin.gif

A Black person getting Relaxer to Chemically Change the Natural Texture of their Hair IS NOT A HAIR STYLE. Where on the other end, Locks are a Hairstyle.

How can you even compare it to someone NATURALLY growing Locks???

That's like saying someone who went through Surgical Gender Transformation is the Same as someone choosing to Dress like a 2014 Rapper...

The Two Things Just Don't Correlate. 
mean.gif

So yall Cats is really trying to act like Blacks didn't have LOW CUT Hair Styles before White Folks made it en vouge???

Don't believe the Hype, bruh. Yea, some Whites may be intimidate by anything but a Low Cut, but alot of them are Intimidate by ANYTHING WE DO. Lol 

To the ones that are like that... EFF EM! Could care less what they think... it ain't gonna stop their ignorance, so why worry about it?

Rock what you wanna rock, keep it natural and don't fall into this BS. FIN.

What, bruh? You sure you belong in this Thread...? 
grin.gif

A Black person getting Relaxer to Chemically Change the Natural Texture of their Hair IS NOT A HAIR STYLE. Where on the other end, Locks are a Hairstyle.

How can you even compare it to someone NATURALLY growing Locks???

That's like saying someone who went through Surgical Gender Transformation is the Same as someone choosing to Dress like a 2014 Rapper...

The Two Things Just Don't Correlate. 
mean.gif
brah you already used that meme.

we are talking about social implications. not the chemical nature of a HAIR STYLE.

and that last comparison is just childish.

Last edited:

the conversation is about social implications brah.

its past the chemical nature of a hairstyle. 

brah you already used that meme.

we are talking about social implications. not the chemical nature of a HAIR STYLE.

and that last comparison is just childish.
Lol. Negro, I ain't on THIS page yet. Don't care what's being talking about bc it's turning into a race thread. I just saw a JAKE Comment you made a page ago & spoke on it.

The comparison I made IS SILLY... and that's the Point! LOL

The two things have nothing to do with each other... the same way Relaxer & Dreads have nothing to do w/ each other.

And c'mon bro... the last thing I'm worried about is keeping track of MEME USAGE. LOLOL! If they fit, they fit...

Last edited:

Lol. Negro, I ain't on THIS page yet. Don't care what's being talking about bc it's turning into a race thread. I just saw a JAKE Comment you made a page ago & spoke on it.

The comparison I made IS SILLY... and that's the Point! LOL

The two things have nothing to do with each other... the same way Relaxer & Dreads have nothing to do w/ each other.

And c'mon bro... the last thing I'm worried about is keeping track of MEME USAGE. LOLOL! If they fit, they fit...
sorry negro, i thought you take your posts very seriously. since you take time out to highlight your key points.

Back
Top Bottom