Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

[quote name="youngwolf"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="Mister Friendly"]The reason Stalin was brought because a post said atheists were humane, which is totally untrue[/quote]Totally untrue?

"I shouldn't punch you in the face, because god said no. Buuuuuuuut, if I do, Jesus died for my forgiveness."

"I shouldn't punch you in the face, because I know how that would feel, and I wouldn't like that if it were done to me."

Who you trusting, dude?

I do not trust that first person. AT ALL. This is real talk. That's a philosophy I live with in real life. You tell me you're religious, I don't trust you, because I know forgiveness is your fallback. Atheists have no forgiveness eraser, and no reward of a fake heaven they're trying to keep in mind.[/quote]

What if person two is also religious?[/quote]As soon as it hops of its unicorn, I'd buy him/her a drink. :smokin

instead of repeating stalins name over and over

could you explain how your every day atheist is not humane as a cause of being an atheist? 

as in, explain a few common character traits of an atheist and connect those with possible actions said atheist would take which most people would consider inhumane 
I never said atheists aren't humane

My disagreement was with the statement, that atheists are MORE humane
there are terrible people that are atheists and there are terrible people that are theists

however

no one is a terrible person because they are an atheist

while 

there are plenty of examples of people doing terrible things in the name of religion (see ISIS)

so on average i would say atheists are more humane but that doesnt mean anything since you still have to judge each person on its own

[quote name="youngwolf"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="Mister Friendly"]The reason Stalin was brought because a post said atheists were humane, which is totally untrue
Totally untrue?

"I shouldn't punch you in the face, because god said no. Buuuuuuuut, if I do, Jesus died for my forgiveness."

"I shouldn't punch you in the face, because I know how that would feel, and I wouldn't like that if it were done to me."

Who you trusting, dude?

I do not trust that first person. AT ALL. This is real talk. That's a philosophy I live with in real life. You tell me you're religious, I don't trust you, because I know forgiveness is your fallback. Atheists have no forgiveness eraser, and no reward of a fake heaven they're trying to keep in mind.[/quote]

What if person two is also religious?[/quote]As soon as it hops of its unicorn, I'd buy him/her a drink. :smokin[/quote]

Are you saying person two can't be religious?

there are terrible people that are atheists and there are terrible people that are theists

however

while 

there are plenty of examples of people doing terrible things in the name of religion (see ISIS)

so on average i would say atheists are more humane but that doesnt mean anything since you still have to judge each person on its own

No atheists are not more humane

Last edited:

[thread="633320"]Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non Believer/720#post_23933042​[/thread]
Stalin didn't want organized religion in his society. Prosecuted the church for most of his reign, sent millions of believers to concentration camps. Communist manifesto speak negatively about the church but maybe Stalins actions aren't that of a man with atheist convinctions

none of these things are atheist in nature though
So they were God fearing actions?
they were the actions of a guy who wanted power

are you suggesting that if stalin was religious he would not have been evil? 

I think the argument goes like this.

Atheists do horrible things. But it's just a coincidence that they are Atheist. Atheism wasn't the REASON they did such thing. It's just because they're bad people.

Whereas religion is used as a REASON to do something.

instead of repeating stalins name over and over

could you explain how your every day atheist is not humane as a cause of being an atheist? 

as in, explain a few common character traits of an atheist and connect those with possible actions said atheist would take which most people would consider inhumane 

I never said atheists aren't humane

however

while 

No atheists are not more humane
oh good, no counter point

Atheists do horrible things. But it's just a coincidence that they are Atheist. Atheism wasn't the REASON they did such thing. It's just because they're bad people.

Zo.gif

:lol: Yep

As if non believe cant motive someone as much as believe could

laugh.gif
Yep

I think his post went over your head...

:lol: Yep

For example, something like hate/want for revenge isn't an atheist motive, it's .. idk, a human motive?

Like if an atheist dude kills a man because he was smashing his wife, one of his reasons could be revenge. Is revenge atheistic in nature? No. It's a human response.

Last edited:

For example, something like hate/want for revenge isn't an atheist motive, it's .. idk, a human motive?

Like if an atheist dude kills a man because he was smashing his wife, one of his reasons could be revenge. Is revenge atheistic in nature? No. It's a human response.

An atheist is just an non believer in God

By killing the man, he is giving in to his God less human nature.

Is that man wrong to kill the other man?

Last edited:

1403.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Are wild animals giving into their godless nature as well?

Last edited:

giphy.gif

there should be a purge night where all actual laws still apply but for one night you can do anything without god getting upset

i wonder what would happen 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom