Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

No not exactly there's definitely spaces where you can be immoral but not face negative incentives
Not in the world EYE live in. But let me humor you. What spaces do you speak of that the majority of humans on this planet not frequent on a daily basis

Disrespecting someone is not a crime though. Disrespect is different to different groups to people.

Are morals just based on the society you live in?
its not about laws.

you disrespect someone they might fight you, people might see that and think less of you, your girl friend might get mad at you for your actions. these are all reasons to not disrespect someone in the society that we live in, if you think the joy of disrespecting someone outweighs the consequences then go ahead and let the insults fly

yes, morals are based on the society you live in. you can go half way across the world and get a highfive and a pat on the back for buying a sex slave while if you did it in america you would go to jail because we think it's wrong

No not exactly there's definitely spaces where you can be immoral but not face negative incentives
And also, shame is a negative reinforcement. The shame of having others look at you with their nose turned up. That is also another reason that stops people from doing certain immoral acts

what if we reversed the question

to all the christians out there, IF you were to give up your religion and stop believing in god how would that effect your behaviour towards other people and society as a whole? 
I would still treat other people with the respect they deserve regardless of beliefs, lifestyle choices, morals or whatever. Society will do as society had always done which is whatever TF they want to which is Free Will and idc I'm chillin in the cut

if god will punish sinners then why do christians take it upon themselves to punish people who they view as sinners?

is god making a homosexual's live living hell or is it the ignorant theists disagreeing with the lifestyle in the "name of god"? 

Disrespecting someone is not a crime though. Disrespect is different to different groups to people.

Are morals just based on the society you live in?
its not about laws.

you disrespect someone they might fight you, people might see that and think less of you, your girl friend might get mad at you for your actions. these are all reasons to not disrespect someone in the society that we live in, if you think the joy of disrespecting someone outweighs the consequences then go ahead and let the insults fly

yes, morals are based on the society you live in. you can go half way across the world and get a highfive and a pat on the back for buying a sex slave while if you did it in america you would go to jail because we think it's wrong

If somebody starts a fight with you, they will face charges

If you don't care about what that person you disrespected feelings, who's cares if they think less of you

You can always get another girlfriend.

See all these things are necessarily negative things..they are just changes in life, reactions to your actions.

The 2nd part is more towards what I was getting at. You can go to Asia and cheat on your girlfriend by having sex with a 15 year ladyboy. Who's to say your immoral for doing that?

Last edited:
Not in the world EYE live in. But let me humor you. What spaces do you speak of that the majority of humans on this planet not frequent on a daily basis

Are you asking how you can be immoral but not commit crimes?

Also to the other point, not everybody has the same mental makeup to feel shame

Last edited:
Who cares if you're a pyscopath?

As long as you don't land in prison and can support yourself.

Does it really matter?

You're just going to be in a box in the ground or ashes like non pyscopath anyways

Last edited:
Atheists when you're in pain( depressed or diesase) why not kill yourself?

It could end the pain, so you can get to eventually nothingness

Why is this thread still going it's just that "honest answers" thread all over again.

Atheist and believes have this in common, they're both arrogant as ****.

See, you're speaking about the popular areas of the bible. The "be a good person" part of the bible. There's MUCH more to it. You believe 100% of the bible? Well that includes ghosts, monsters, Giants, magic, witches ect. Again, is the bible literal or is it a book of stories?
While I feel that some things are lost in translation the bible is a book of literal happenings that produced real spiritual outcomes. When people try and bash it they usually go straight for old testament. The purpose of the old testament was to show the people that they needed a savior because they weren't perfect. They could not keep the commandments and had to be born again. They were God's chosen people and yet they were so caught up in the laws, that they lost sight of the spirit behind the word of God... It still happens in religion today. Don't look for religion, only for spiritual knowledge that brings you salvation and the strength to overcome your weaknesses as a man.

Quote:

people treating each other with respect is something that makes me happy, it makes life more enjoyable. I do this because i think it is a good thing to do and it also improves upon the lives of others not because im scared of what will happen if i dont.

if the only reason you're not going around doing bad things is because you're scared of going to hell then you are the immoral one

the people who he/she has disrespected say that he's wrong

but again, its not about a black or white "im right, you're wrong". its a "i disagree with your actions so I'm going to start treating you differently because i dont respect you as a person"

when one person is destructive to society then society will take action. its like a giant immune system 
Exactly.. people picture God as a man because of the line in the bible that says Man is made in his image... and it is true that He may be seen in the form of an all powerful man. But the whole of creation is encompassed also. If you think of Man as scaled down image of the universe, we are just Atoms or sub-atomic parts that make up the entire thing. Bad people, spiritually dead people, immoral people, they are no different than viruses or cancerous cells in the body. There is a consciousness of the Universe that will eventually eradicate them so the body functions properly... ie  known to religious people as the wrath of God. Can god make you do something? no more than we can tell our hair to grow or not grow... but their are ways to deal with it.

what if we reversed the question

to all the christians out there, IF you were to give up your religion and stop believing in god how would that effect your behaviour towards other people and society as a whole? 
christians could give up their religion and continue to be good people in society, but who can be a good person ALL the time? this is what is unique about christianity vs. other religions that preach similar values. The salvation from the judgement of the sinful thoughts and actions mankind is not based only on your own ability to tap into the "Source" of the universe. "He" tapped into it for us to create the link for us to reach the "source" when our energy, or life, or chi or whatever you call it leaves the body. His tapping into the source is evidenced by the miracles performed

if god will punish sinners then why do christians take it upon themselves to punish people who they view as sinners?

is god making a homosexual's live living hell or is it the ignorant theists disagreeing with the lifestyle in the "name of god"? 
Dude I'm a Christian (Laid Back) but I don't overdue like what you see on TV. Always hooping and hollering, condemning people, making you feel dirty, bible thumping those are the Radical Christians. I've done my dirty plenty of times so it would be wrong to call someone out on theirs. The story of the woman who sinned and was brought before the village and Jesus said whichever one have not sinned cast the first stone.....no one could fall thru because they all sinned in some way. So Jesus told the woman go and sin no more.
What goes on nowadays in the world is basically the last days.

While I feel that some things are lost in translation the bible is a book of literal happenings that produced real spiritual outcomes. When people try and bash it they usually go straight for old testament. The purpose of the old testament was to show the people that they needed a savior because they weren't perfect. They could not keep the commandments and had to be born again. They were God's chosen people and yet they were so caught up in the laws, that they lost sight of the spirit behind the word of God... It still happens in religion today. Don't look for religion, only for spiritual knowledge that brings you salvation and the strength to overcome your weaknesses as a man.

Quote:
Exactly.. people picture God as a man because of the line in the bible that says Man is made in his image... and it is true that He may be seen in the form of an all powerful man. But the whole of creation is encompassed also. If you think of Man as scaled down image of the universe, we are just Atoms or sub-atomic parts that make up the entire thing. Bad people, spiritually dead people, immoral people, they are no different than viruses or cancerous cells in the body. There is a consciousness of the Universe that will eventually eradicate them so the body functions properly... ie  known to religious people as the wrath of God. Can god make you do something? no more than we can tell our hair to grow or not grow... but their are ways to deal with it.
christians could give up their religion and continue to be good people in society, but who can be a good person ALL the time? this is what is unique about christianity vs. other religions that preach similar values. The salvation from the judgement of the sinful thoughts and actions mankind is not based only on your own ability to tap into the "Source" of the universe. "He" tapped into it for us to create the link for us to reach the "source" when our energy, or life, or chi or whatever you call it leaves the body. His tapping into the source is evidenced by the miracles performed

You said it right there "some is lost in translation", so which of it is? If it's something ridiculous it's "lost in translation"?

I'm not trying to have a point

Im just asking questions and trying to gain a greater understanding to yall mind sets

Your questions are ridiculous

"Why don't you kill yourself"?? What? Here's a question if Christians believe they'll go to heaven if they're without sin or at least forgiven then why don't they kill innocent minded children so ensure they'll go to heaven for sure?

Last edited:
Why is this thread still going it's just that "honest answers" thread all over again.

Atheist and believes have this in common, they're both arrogant as ****.
Say I'm arrogant again dummy. I'm a Christian and have no problems with atheists despite views or whatever. They are a human being just like me at the end of day that I respect and love regardless. If someone was physically harming someone and me and an atheist nearby witnessed that we would both come together for the greater Good and stop the threat.

Say I'm arrogant again dummy. I'm a Christian and have no problems with atheists despite views or whatever. They are a human being just like me at the end of day that I respect and love regardless. If someone was physically harming someone and me and an atheist nearby witnessed that we would both come together for the greater Good and stop the threat.

You praise a fictional character and I'm the dummy? Yikes.

You praise a fictional character and I'm the dummy? Yikes.
Like I Said I Don't Care[emoji]128541[/emoji][emoji]128541[/emoji][emoji]128541[/emoji]. Doubting still Doesn't Stop My Walk With Him [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji] [emoji]128519[/emoji][emoji]128519[/emoji][emoji]128519[/emoji]

[quote name="Mister Friendly"]Who determines morals?

What is right and wrong?[/quote]That has already been answered: empathy.

From your line of questioning, I'm not sure you know what empathy is.

Atheists when you're in pain( depressed or diesase) why not kill yourself?

It could end the pain, so you can get to eventually nothingness

Because there is nothing after death and we're going to appreciate the time that we have alive.

If you believe that God will send you to the magical place in the sky as long as you're faithful, why not lay in bed all day and waste away to nothing so that you can get to paradise sooner? Heaven is obviously a better place than Earth, so don't you have a much higher incentive to embrace death than an atheist?

God will forgive you for your indolence and then BOOM everlasting life :pimp: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom