Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Will be eligible to upgrade but don't want to sign up for another 2 year contract even though I'm getting unlimited data. I'll be damned if I'm paying full price either. I'll probably end up upgrading once they announce it on the 9th.

When are you all dumping your old phones? Thinking about getting da quotes for my 5 on gazelle now. Where else is a good place to trade in iPhones?

I know the prices drop when the new models are announced.

Last edited:
Why would you trade in? Just sell it on craigslist & get the max profit. Gazelle gonna give you like $100 for it when you can double up the same day on craigslist.

man...been rocking with this 4s since December 31st, 2011.

my battery been terrible for like the past 6 months, but its been God awful the last month. 

so, i take it upon myself to get a new battery off ebay, and put it in my self...smh 

some reason i cant connect back to sprints network now. just says no service. i called a local iphone repaar guy, paid for a new antenna to put in my phone. 

....still wont work. 
mean.gif

man im using my 2010 lg optimus S as a replacment phone right now. i need this iphone 6 to drop so i can upgrade ASAP. DAWG...

how am i supposed to mac these broads on campus with this old *** android ? 
roll.gif

and excuse my ignorance, but when you guys buy no contract, $650-$900 for the new phones, what service do you use??? whats the benefit of not doing the 2 year contract thing with one of the main cell phone companies?

Does gazelle give you about the same price as selling it on cl?
I've never used or read anything about Gazelle (only seen the commercials) but if I had to guess I'd say they probably lowball you. I'd put in the little bit of extra work and sell it on Craigslist. I've always gotten good prices selling my old phones on there. Check eBay sold listings as well as current CL listings to gague the price you're gonna ask for.

Last edited:
They are a bit on the low side but its a flawless process. You lock in your price now (I think 30 days to send it actually in) and what's nice is they don't want charging cables, headphones, instructions, etc like anybody on CL/ebay would. They literally just want your headset. I've used them plenty of times in the past and they just drop the $$$ into your paypal acct. Always say your phone is in great condition. If its not they will adjust it. But they will never say your phone is in better condition than you say...

make sure to unlock your phone too for higher value as well.
Yeah definitely. You can get them unlocked for cheap from services that eBay sellers provide. Adds a nice bit of value to the phone.

Last edited:
Those trade-in spots lowball the hell out of you.  The only good thing is the convenience of not having to deal with the hassles of selling your phone (lowballers, flakers, scammers, etc.).  

Personally, I'm throwing my 5S up on eBay and CL tomorrow.  They've been going for around $450ish, so after fees and shipping I'm looking at $390ish.  Hopefully I can get a buyer off CL to avoid all of those fees though.  

Bro just do CL. You get a lot of dumb people desperate for a iphone. Especially if your phone has no cracks or scratches you can get real good profit.

Anyone else keep there phones? I still have my 4S and will keep my 5 when I get the 6 :lol:
Never know if a current phone will break.

Bro just do CL. You get a lot of dumb people desperate for a iphone. Especially if your phone has no cracks or scratches you can get real good profit.

Anyone else keep there phones? I still have my 4S and will keep my 5 when I get the 6
laugh.gif

i think thats what insurance is for bud...

Anyone else keep there phones? I still have my 4S and will keep my 5 when I get the 6 :lol:
I still have my original iPhone, 3G, 3GS, and will be keeping my 5 when I upgrade to the 6

No lol

Soon as the iPhone drops the 5 will be worth like 125 in mint condition on those sites. 5S will be like 200.

Craigslist you can can double what they offer

im getting a 5.5" 128 gb when it comes out..will throw my 64 gb 5s on ebay and CL when the 6 comes out

can someone school me on the at&t next plans? my contract ends around the time the iphone comes out. would it be worth going to the next plan or just signing up for the 2 year contract?

never really understood it

can someone school me on the at&t next plans? my contract ends around the time the iphone comes out. would it be worth going to the next plan or just signing up for the 2 year contract?

never really understood it

whats going on man? i can help you, i work for ATT (sales rep). ATT next is great if your on the Att mobile share value plan especially 10 gb or higher. do you know what kind of plan your on? If your on a old plan where you dont have like unlimited minutes or like 2 gb data plans then it my not be in your favor. Your best bet would to just do a 2 year contract, pay the 199.99 for the phone and call it a day. ill break it down for you, the NEXT is basically a monthly installment to pay for the phone ( all the other carriers are doing it) with no interest, no activation fee, and you just pay the taxes on the phone. Example iphone 5s 16 gb is $649.99 you just pay like 50 bucks (the taxes)

Mobile Share value 10 gb with Next- base of plan is $100 (unlimited talk and text) $15 for the line of service and with next (iphone 5s) its 27.09 a month so monthly bill is $142
Basically with next you pay the taxes for the phone today, now you 2 options when to upgrade every 12 or 18 months ( monthly installment price very on 12 or 18 plan)
The 12 month is actually a 20 month installment and the 18 is a 24 month installment (12 and 18 just let you know the earliest you can upgrade, you have to trade in your device in if you do early upgrade) 20 months X $31 = 650 , 24 months x $27.09= 650

2 year contract !

like stated above its cheaper to do 2 year IF YOUR ON AN OLD PLAN ONLY!! ( just pay the 199.99)
lets say your on mobile share 10 gb- $100 base of plan, LINE IS NOW $40 dollars = 140

yes its cheaper than next monthly but in long run its cheaper to do next : example

2 year price- line is $40 a month X 24 months= $960 + 199 (phone) + 40 act fee= 1199 (course of 2 years) YOU MUST PAY 200 THAT DAY
NEXT- line is 15 a month X 24 months= $360+ $650 (full price of phone) + pay 55 (taxes) + no act fee = $1065 (course of 2 years) ONLY PAY $55 that day!
so next is cheaper in the short and long run, i know its alot of info, its alot easier to explain in person..

whats going on man? i can help you, i work for ATT (sales rep). ATT next is great if your on the Att mobile share value plan especially 10 gb or higher. do you know what kind of plan your on? If your on a old plan where you dont have like unlimited minutes or like 2 gb data plans then it my not be in your favor. Your best bet would to just do a 2 year contract, pay the 199.99 for the phone and call it a day. ill break it down for you, the NEXT is basically a monthly installment to pay for the phone ( all the other carriers are doing it) with no interest, no activation fee, and you just pay the taxes on the phone. Example iphone 5s 16 gb is $649.99 you just pay like 50 bucks (the taxes)

Mobile Share value 10 gb with Next- base of plan is $100 (unlimited talk and text) $15 for the line of service and with next (iphone 5s) its 27.09 a month so monthly bill is $142
Basically with next you pay the taxes for the phone today, now you 2 options when to upgrade every 12 or 18 months ( monthly installment price very on 12 or 18 plan)
The 12 month is actually a 20 month installment and the 18 is a 24 month installment (12 and 18 just let you know the earliest you can upgrade, you have to trade in your device in if you do early upgrade) 20 months X $31 = 650 , 24 months x $27.09= 650

2 year contract !

like stated above its cheaper to do 2 year IF YOUR ON AN OLD PLAN ONLY!! ( just pay the 199.99)
lets say your on mobile share 10 gb- $100 base of plan, LINE IS NOW $40 dollars = 140

yes its cheaper than next monthly but in long run its cheaper to do next : example

2 year price- line is $40 a month X 24 months= $960 + 199 (phone) + 40 act fee= 1199 (course of 2 years) YOU MUST PAY 200 THAT DAY
NEXT- line is 15 a month X 24 months= $360+ $650 (full price of phone) + pay 55 (taxes) + no act fee = $1065 (course of 2 years) ONLY PAY $55 that day!
so next is cheaper in the short and long run, i know its alot of info, its alot easier to explain in person..

thanks for the great info. im on the unlimited talk/text with 2gb data. it looked on the att website and got confused lol

looks like ill be sticking with the 2 yr contract

thanks for the great info. im on the unlimited talk/text with 2gb data. it looked on the att website and got confused lol

looks like ill be sticking with the 2 yr contract

yea man 2 gb i would rather just do a 2 year but just understand that your line assuming its 25 right now will jump to 40 bucks..

a blinkin a blinkin I think your highest return is going to come from eBay auction, even after the eBay and paypal fees.

Someone posted a stat in here that even had Amazon ahead of eBay on higher returns/prices.

Back
Top Bottom