Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Since these iPhone installments have started I’ve always put down half the cost of the phone, and paid the balance off a few months after. That way I can decide to keep the phone or upgrade whenever. I have AT&T so technically and they don’t require me do put half down, I just like to pay the phone off as fast as possible.

After seeing the video of how the cut out notch area basically cuts off your media....i completely agree with this. How you just going to have stuff occurring behind that notch? I know its small but its still annoying

Agree with everyone in here. A galaxy note 8 is still $930. I think id say the X is worth the extra money on the fact that it records higher quality video. That might matter so people who use the phone for heavy video and video editing. I personally am still on the fence. But i think im going to hold onto my jailbroken 6 until the pixel 2 is dropped and settle with that or an 8+
Where did you see that the X has better recording over the Note 8?

Also that Yahoo article written above. I hope nobody ever takes financial advice from that guy

Might trade in my 7 to apple. Supposedly $375 they will give me unless they lowered it plus I assume $50 for returning my Apple care plus

We've come to a point where leasing a PHONE, not a car, is the standard in today's society.

What a time to be alive.

People actually wear those airpods?

Religiously. I convinced 2 of my friends to get it and they are team no ragrets.

For those who do the Apple upgrade program, do they run your credit each year you upgrade to a new device?

I got an email from the bank Citizen One about the 8 but could've been just a generic email and not specific to people already on the Apple upgrade program.

Leasing a phone is actually a smart play. The iterations come out too frequently not to.
The phone companies make more money this way. Instead of giving you the phone at a discount with the agreement of a new 2 year contract.

I know when they first moved to this (in 2014 with the 6) AT&T shipped out new 6's to customers who hopped on the new payment plan. They got priority first. And the customers who opted with the traditional 2-year plan where on the backend of the wait list.

I don't know about AT&T but I'm with T-Mobile and have upgraded 3 times within the past year. I haven't paid over 500$ and have had 3 different phones (GS7E, Note 7, GS8+ currently) that's just about half the cost of one of those phones outright.

Makes sense to lease a phone if you get a new one every year. Makes sense to pay in full if you keep your phone a few years and upgrade when it makes sense to do so.

Same logic applies to the reason people lease cars. All about the style of life you want to live. Do you want a new shiny object every year or two, or do you want something that's yours and you don't have to worry about whether it gets beat up or not

I don't know about AT&T but I'm with T-Mobile and have upgraded 3 times within the past year. I haven't paid over 500$ and have had 3 different phones (GS7E, Note 7, GS8+ currently) that's just about half the cost of one of those phones outright.

Do you have a lot of credit with tmobile?

Do you have a lot of credit with tmobile?

Nah it's their Jump on Demand program. The monthly payments have been around $30-35 for each device plus 10-12 for insurance. And it's zero down when you trade in. I think they're phasing the program out next year cause they're actually losing money on it apparently. Can upgrade as often as I want.

Nah it's their Jump on Demand program. The monthly payments have been around $30-35 for each device plus 10-12 for insurance. And it's zero down when you trade in. I think they're phasing the program out next year cause they're actually losing money on it apparently. Can upgrade as often as I want.

This was great when I was on #TeamAndroid because a new shiny android phone would come out in a few months but with the yearly cycle of iPhones, it's whatever now.

Leasing a phone is actually a smart play. The iterations come out too frequently not to.

I always buy mine outright and sell the old version. I did the math today and it actually comes out cheaper that way as opposed to leasing. Most people who do the lease plans pay something down to upgrade. Even if you don't, the payoff is generally less than what you would get if you just sold your phone to a regular buyer for 5-600. That's what I do and it seems to be the least expensive way.

Also the fact that the Iphone X is smaller than the plus is the biggest selling point for me. I have the plus, but I welcome the smaller size with the larger screen.

Decided on copping the white/silver 8 64gb. Gonna be like my white 4s which was my favorite phone aesthetically.

Still cant decide between 8+ or X. Yesterday I saw a video where you can insert a pass code instead of this face recognition crap. After that, I was sold on the X.

Then I notice how small the X is compared to the 8+. I like the size of my 6+. I dont like the fact that the 8+ looks exactly like my 6+. Only way to change that is by changing the face color.
#TeamWhiteGold

Still cant decide between 8+ or X. Yesterday I saw a video where you can insert a pass code instead of this face recognition crap. After that, I was sold on the X.

Then I notice how small the X is compared to the 8+. I like the size of my 6+. I dont like the fact that the 8+ looks exactly like my 6+. Only way to change that is by changing the face color.
#TeamWhiteGold
Even though the X is a smaller phone, it's a BIGGER and OLED screen.

PDP gives us AppleCare too I think.

Even though the X is a smaller phone, it's a BIGGER and OLED screen.
Not really noticeable to a regular person.

Side note, I dont want to pay full for the phone. Nowadays, no one keeps a phone longer than a year and a half.

With that being said, whatever phone I decided to go with, Im going to jump on the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program. In one year, I'd only pay $599 for the iphone 8+ 64gb and it also includes Applecare.

Sprint iPhone For Ever plan for the same phone, offers $33.29 monthly payments with NO Applecare. After one year and $149 Applecare, the phone comes out to $649.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG OR IF I SHOULD KNOW THE CONS OF THESE PLANS.

If you have a 7 plus there's no need to upgrade at all. Most of the specs are the same compared to the 8 plus and X

I always buy mine outright and sell the old version. I did the math today and it actually comes out cheaper that way as opposed to leasing. Most people who do the lease plans pay something down to upgrade. Even if you don't, the payoff is generally less than what you would get if you just sold your phone to a regular buyer for 5-600. That's what I do and it seems to be the least expensive way.

iPhones tend to hold their value better than Androids because of all the different variants, I can guarantee you though that it's cheaper doing it the way I have with these Galaxy Phones. Paying $850 up front and selling the phone each time I upgraded would leave me in the hole.

Back
Top Bottom