Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
That Apple warranty wouldn't include something like a cracked screen. It would be a manufacturing defect, say a bad battery.

Insurance through the carrier is good for a lost phone, but otherwise Apple Care is better IMO.

A cracked screen for the 7+ used to be $29 with Apple Care, which pretty much paid for Apple Care before. I wonder what a cracked screen is going to be with the X.

exactly. applecare+ covers 2 screen replacements for $30 each. otherwise i think it’s $100-150 charge per replacement

For those of you who have gone the apple upgrade route how much extra a month is it. I'm going for the X and AppleCare for that is 199. Also would I be able to send in this bum *** 6 for anything or get anything for it elsewhere generally speaking?

4Vvbx.gif

aNYone aNYone for 7+ 256gb i pay around $46 a month. i’d imagine the 256 X would be around $53 a month. give or take a few bucks

if you go i store it’s at the time of purchase. by mail, i think they mail you out a return kit when you r new phone ships out

aNYone aNYone you definitely pay for it, buts definitely worth it. especially now that there’s glass front and back

Yea and now Apple screws you even more with two pieces of glass

What's gonna happen when you drop your phone and the screen survives yet the back shatters? :lol:

I'm not ratchet, not sure how people walk around with broken/shattered screens. The few times I've broke it I got it fixed the next day.

Expect repairs to be through the roof with all this glass but like I said earlier I'm def eager to see these drop tests come release day for the 8/8+

i just hope the screens and glass are easy to replace (just incase) . ive replaced all my screen myself since the 1st iphone. hopefully itll be the same :nerd:

Cracked the **** out of my screen a couple weeks ago so I'm using my 5 at the moment so yeah I'll be using my upgrade for that 8 :pimp:

Battery is turrrrrrible on this 5 :lol: , it's a working phone so I can't be too mad but yeah, need that 8 asap. I'm not even on my phone like that, but i still have to bring a portable charger around :smh:

What are you doing with these Galaxy phones that its cheaper?

Example: If I bought my current phone outright (S8+) on release in April it would have been $850, I would have still had to pay for insurance per month at $12, so for 5 months that's another $60 bucks so in total that would have been $910 I would have spent. What I've done so far is paid $30 for the phone ($150) and $12 for the insurance for 5 months which is a total of $210. The average price the S8+ is selling for now on Swappa is $550, that means I'd either have to get somebody to buy it for $700 to break even or more than likely just lose out on that $150 bucks that I paid at the beginning. And if I wanted to get the Note 8 which I may end up doing later that's another $330 or $230 (if I find a sucker to buy the S8+ for $700) just to get the upgrade. With leasing that's not something I have to worry about, at the least I'll break even no matter how fast the street value of the phone depreciates. I can just turn my S8+ in and get the Note 8 with nothing down and maybe $10 more a month.

It's just that the value of Samsung phones fall much more quickly than Apple. In April on Swappa you could get $814 for an S8+ now it's $554. For the iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB in March could fetch $709, now it's $611 a far less depreciation in an even longer amount of time.

Last edited:
Yall no case dudes wildin. I'll never not have a case on my joint. And that goes for the X I'll be gettin. Hopefully the drop the smart case for that too.

Some of you who pay cash/full for the phone, your credit and even some debit have extra protection and extend warranty and even cover lost or stolen

Never done it so I don't know how easy or how it works but I gotta read over the details of my debit card I know they cover a ton (just found out) might be a way to avoid Apple care and go that route

The more I watch videos of the X, the more the notch pisses me the **** off. Like why would you design it that way? It looks ridiculous.

Thinking about grabbing the 8+, a.k.a. 7S+ and calling it a day.

Sorry to burst your bubble

But buying with the Apple Upgrade(includes Apple Care) or AT&T Next isn't financing. It's just the phone price broken down in to monthly payments.

You might want to educate yourself before you speak and develop a superiority complex.
And what bubble are you bursting?

I don't think you understand the point. When phones carriers stopped subsidizing phones in 2014 and moved on to these FINANCING plans, their goal was to stop customers from paying $200 for a phone and then hopping over to another carrier and having that carrier pay off the penalty for their existing contract.

Phone carriers pay pretty much pay full retail for their phones from Apple. They lose money by sellling them on two year contracts only for the customer to ditch their plan and go to a competitor. Yeah the phones are locked but doesn't mean they'll get it back. Which is a loss on their end.

You might be the one that needs to be educated

I'll take that 135 :rofl:
If your phone is in decent condition don't do it b. AT&T low balled me on my iPhone 5 when I upgraded to this 6 plus. Declined their trade in offer and sold it on Craigslist for $240

Since these iPhone installments have started I’ve always put down half the cost of the phone, and paid the balance off a few months after. That way I can decide to keep the phone or upgrade whenever. I have AT&T so technically and they don’t require me do put half down, I just like to pay the phone off as fast as possible.
Same here. That way you can have your carrier unlock it and sell it for the max whenever you want, if need be.

I have like $200 worth of Apple Store giftcards from this Barclaycard a couple years ago. Might end up buying the X from Apple rather than my carrier this go around.

financially it makes sense to do the payment plan just pure time value of money since its technically a 0% interest loan. But im old school and would rather pay up front full value and own the phone. I don't even sell my phones when im done because they are usually 2-3 years old. I basically went iphone 1 to iphone 3 to iphone 4S to iphone 6. I think i have them all still in a drawer. I use my 4S as my puppy cam to make sure my dog is cool during the day :lol:.

Think im going to hold on to my 6 for another couple of months until the 8 becomes more available. I am not a fan of the giant screen since my phone is used a ton at the gym and the big phone is annoying to carry around. But seems like big screens is the wave....

Back
Top Bottom