• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
definitely X or bust for me.

dudes still complaining about the $1000 price? where ha e you been the last few years? :lol:

For those who do the Apple upgrade program, do they run your credit each year you upgrade to a new device?

Of course they want you to go raw. Then they can collect more $ in replacement costs :lol:

Love that Apple finally ditched the bezel on the X. Always wanted to get a different colored iPhone, but was somewhat forced to get black/space grey since it didn't breakup the front of the phone.

Gonna need the X, I do a lot of videoing and photos on my 6s, people still don't believe I film and edit on the iPhone.

Oh. Been reading articles saying preorders don' start late October. That's what everybody is reporting.

Thats not waiting though. Waiting is preording now and the device not being delivered until 2 months later. The cost of the device is irrelevant to the pre order start date.

I don't think Steve Jobs would have tolerated the notch in the screen.

Not Jone Ive's best work tbh

After seeing the video of how the cut out notch area basically cuts off your media....i completely agree with this. How you just going to have stuff occurring behind that notch? I know its small but its still annoying

Agree with everyone in here. A galaxy note 8 is still $930. I think id say the X is worth the extra money on the fact that it records higher quality video. That might matter so people who use the phone for heavy video and video editing. I personally am still on the fence. But i think im going to hold onto my jailbroken 6 until the pixel 2 is dropped and settle with that or an 8+

They're going back to "space grey" but it actually just looks a half shade lighter than matte black lol

I'm coming from a 6.

I need that X. But if it's a hassle to get and won't be readily available until Jan, Feb then I'll just thug it out until Sept for the next version. Don't know if this rickety phone will make it until then though :frown:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iphone-x-won-t-cost-anywhere-near-1-125141501.html

iPhone X won’t cost anywhere near $1,000 for hardcore Apple fans – here’s what they’ll pay

Zach Epstein
BGR NewsSeptember 13, 2017
iphone-x-ss.jpg

We’ve all now had a night to digest everything Apple announced during its big press conference on Tuesday. The dust is settling, the smoke is clearing, and we’re left with five sleek products that combine to make up Apple’s new lineup ahead of the holidays. The new Apple TV 4K and Apple Watch Series 3 both appear to be nice iterative upgrades, and the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are big steps forward compared to last year’s iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Of course, the big news from Apple on Tuesday was the iPhone X, the company’s big tenth-anniversary iPhone featuring a bold redesign and a number of features never before seen on an iPhone.

features is a sky-high price tag that starts at $1,000 for the entry-level model with 64GB of storage and climbs to $1,150 for the 256GB version. But hardcore Apple fans — or anyone else in the Apple ecosystem who likes to stay on the cutting edge — won’t pay anywhere near those prices for the iPhone X." data-reactid="19">One of those new features is a sky-high price tag that starts at $1,000 for the entry-level model with 64GB of storage and climbs to $1,150 for the 256GB version. But hardcore Apple fans — or anyone else in the Apple ecosystem who likes to stay on the cutting edge — won’t pay anywhere near those prices for the iPhone X.

Related SearchesCost Of New IphoneApple Iphone Upgrade ProgramApple Iphone 10Iphone 10 PriceApple Iphone Se

Don't Miss: This best-selling smart thermostat works with Alexa and costs half as much as a Nest

Apple’s iPhone X is without question the most impressive iPhone Apple has ever created. The sleek glass and steel design is the most beautiful we’ve seen, the A11 Bionic chipset is an absolute beast despite its ridiculous name, the cameras and AR features both appear to be class leaders, and the all-screen face catapults Apple’s gray-haired iPhone designs into the modern era. All that new tech comes at a price, however, and that price is well over $1,000 after taxes for either model.

Sort of." data-reactid="23">Sort of.

If you buy your phone outright, which almost no one does in the United States, you will indeed pay those prices. If you use an installment plan through your carrier or Apple and keep your phone for at least two years, you’ll also pay those prices. But hardcore Apple fans and anyone else who upgrades their phones annually won’t pay anywhere close to $1,000. Let’s do some quick math.

Related:" data-reactid="25">Related:

iPhone Upgrade Program. This is essentially a financing plan with 0% interest, so you can spread your payments out over 24 months instead of paying for iPhones in full up front. Then when a new iPhone comes out the following year, you can trade in your old one and get the new model at no additional cost, though your monthly payments may change depending on whether the new iPhone you get is more or less expensive." data-reactid="30">Carriers in the US all have different payment plan options and incentives in place for the iPhone X, so let’s focus on Apple’s own iPhone Upgrade Program. This is essentially a financing plan with 0% interest, so you can spread your payments out over 24 months instead of paying for iPhones in full up front. Then when a new iPhone comes out the following year, you can trade in your old one and get the new model at no additional cost, though your monthly payments may change depending on whether the new iPhone you get is more or less expensive.

If you’re a big Apple fan or just a general tech lover, you likely upgrade your iPhone each and every year. With that in mind, let’s look at what you’ll pay for your iPhone X.

If you opt for the 64GB iPhone X, your monthly payments will be $49.91. If you keep it for a full year before upgrading to a new iPhone, you’ll make 12 payments totalling just under $599 before returning the phone and swapping it out for a new one. Opt for the 256GB model instead, and you’ll pay about $674 over the course of a year. Since the iPhone X is launching late this year and is expected to be in short supply for several months following its release, people might even end up upgrading in fewer than 12 months and paying less than that.

The iPhone X is an expensive device. Of that, there is no question. But $1,000 is hardly the massive price increase some people are making it out to be — the high-end iPhone 7 Plus was already $970. Also, consider the iPhone X’s competition; Samsung’s Galaxy Note 8 costs between $940 and $960 depending on where you buy it, and again, people who upgrade annually will end up paying far less.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-mobile-offering-300-discount-154750756.html

T-Mobile is offering a $300 discount on the iPhone 8 and iPhone X — but there's a big catch

Alex Heath
Business InsiderSeptember 13, 2017
TMobile_is_offering_a_300-c81120f92cf95a796a2095f1ed625ce7

iPhone X black
(The iPhone X's starting price is $999.Getty)
" data-reactid="22">(The iPhone X's starting price is $999.Getty)

But there's one big catch: The $300 credit will be broken up over a 24-month installment plan.

So instead of getting a $300 credit up front for trading in an old iPhone for a new one, T-Mobile will award $12.50 in credit each month for two years.

Preorders for the iPhone 8 begin Friday, and iPhone X preorders begin October 25.

My phone is at the point where the touch screen can be unresponsive due to water damage. Might just cop the 8 plus coming from a 6s plus.

a bunch of words that leave out the fact that the only way you "don't pay full price" for it is to upgrade every 12 months.
Too bad at some point you gon have to pay that second half on the phone you keep for months 13-24

This. :lol:

But I guess you can forever lease a new iPhone if you about that life. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom