Apple October 22nd Event

Gonna download Maverick tonight. Didn't have a chance last night. i hope it doesn't make my computer laggy.

LMAO at Apple thinking they doing something by giving this away for free. I haven't paid for an OS since 2011

I haven't updated my laptop at all since I got my MBP in 2010. I was running Snow Leopard and was to cheap to pay for Mountain Lion. Saw Maverick was free and had to upgrade.

I love finally having iMessage. New gestures are pretty cool. My laptop is running pretty smoothly with it considering it has fairly outdated specs for a MBP. Had to get Cinch to get the snap feature back again. Now my iPhone, Macbook, and iPad are going to be completely synced Calendar, Notes, and Reminder wise. Productivity is going to be at an all time high for school now. 

I haven't updated my laptop at all since I got my MBP in 2010. I was running Snow Leopard and was to cheap to pay for Mountain Lion. Saw Maverick was free and had to upgrade.

I love finally having iMessage. New gestures are pretty cool. My laptop is running pretty smoothly with it considering it has fairly outdated specs for a MBP. Had to get Cinch to get the snap feature back again. Now my iPhone, Macbook, and iPad are going to be completely synced Calendar, Notes, and Reminder wise. Productivity is going to be at an all time high for school now. 
I'm in the same boat.

Really liking mavericks so far.

So many new gestures.

The most usual gesture is the notifications/messages.

YA maverick doesnt seem like a huge upgrade... i hardly notice the difference besides my scrolling has gotten laggy while surfing the net

I'm not experiencing these scull issues like some of you. What year are your MacBooks? And what model are you guys using? I'm running an i7 and everything is running smooth just like the day I got it.

And if you want to know whats in this new upgrade read this

http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/features.html

http://www.apple.com/osx/advanced-technologies/

This isn't a complete OS upgrade. Its been explained months ago that Mavericks isn't going to be a HUGE upgrade. This is a performance upgrade. So you're not going to see any "OMG w0wzz!" UI changes. Its going to look just like it always looked. But it will most definitely move quicker and it apparently saves us some battery life since Mountain Lion had that power saving issue.

Mavericks is pretty much adding features to make things run faster, and seamlessly connect your computer to your iPhone and iPad, with some updated apps... Nothing major. Thats why it was free..

so does anyone know how to do the top page/bottom page trackpad gesture??

or did they remove it completely?

my friend just bought the exact one a few weeks ago for more.... :lol:

damn that sucks

Oh I thought it was the retina
Still a good deal
Buying the MacBook off of someone like that do u still get that limited warranty or no?????
Like I know they have some database or something
Yes you will get a limited warranty, and you can still purchase apple care.

Students get discounts on applecare at Apple stores or use squaretrade.

now you have people dancing around in a commercial and the point of the commercial is that the iphone is a music player....

Or people taking pics, and the point of the commercial is saying my iphone can take pics....

or random people talking on the phone showing me the different colors the phone comes in...

those new apple commercials are pretty insulting though, a 3 minute commercial of people taking pictures or listening to music 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
200MB doe :rolleyes

$5 for a day of 500 MB and $10 for 1GB within a week :rolleyes

Yeah it isn't much, but if I'm anything like the average iPad user, a majority of people don't do a ton of data-intensive stuff away from WiFi at home or work. Not to mention being able to tether with your existing cellphone data plan.

I always copped the cellular capable iPads for when I might need data on the go on a trip or something. But 9 times out of 10, I had no need to pay $30/month for data that wasn't going to be used. The majority of my usage is on WiFi, so 200 MB will probably get me through a weekend trip where I don't want to drag the MBA along.

Regardless, free is free. And if you have good credit, you're getting a 0% interest loan. Can't even be mad at that.

Now to decide between the Air or Retina Mini.

So no more regular sized ipads with retina display anymore? The ipad air looks nice but don't like the fact that it has 24% less volume.

I Think next year they are gonna release a Pro line for all their devices with higher than retina resolution

So no more regular sized ipads with retina display anymore? The ipad air looks nice but don't like the fact that it has 24% less volume.
thinner is one of apple's montras.

Apple can't wait to tell ppl how thin their products are.

Back
Top Bottom