Apple October 22nd Event

really wish quick reply was available for iphones/ipads :smh:

What is quick reply? Ive always seen it in this thread but i have no idea what it is

Can you reply from the home screen or wherever you got the text?

Last edited:
BiteSMS quick reply

It's amazing how this isn't on ios7 :lol:

Everybody asking for innovation, nobody wanna put down bread for the Mac Pro though
If you're implying the Mac Pro is innovative, then I must be missing something.  What's innovative about it?  To my knowledge, it's just a cool casing over some hardware that will connect to a monitor to run OS X Mavericks.  If that's not what you meant then disregard this post...

Last edited:
Company communications guy sent out an email telling everyone to serve on Maverick. 

Too many issues being reported and they want to run a week's worth of tests. 

And speaking on the innovation, there are simple things Apple could do but doesn't and it's the reason they don't have the mobile device game on lockdown... 

The lack of widgets and customization is just stupid. 

No multitasking is also a head scratcher. 

And speaking on the innovation, there are simple things Apple could do but doesn't and it's the reason they don't have the mobile device game on lockdown... 

The lack of widgets and customization is just stupid. 

Apple's supposed lack of dominance in mobile has less to do with its features set and more to do with its premium pricing.

Sure, there are anti-apple individuals who wouldn't buy an apple product regardless, or people for who some really niche Android-only feature matters, but I'd bet that, given reasonably similar pricing to some cheaper Android tablets and phones, a lot of people would suddenly be Apple users.

Why is there quick reply on the laptop interface? Can I text people from my laptop? I'm lost
Yeah, well you can only text people with iMessage on a app called Messages. It should be pre-loaded in your launch pad if you have Mavericks or Mountain Lion.

Hey guys I have a question.
The ipad Air will be my first ipad.
Plan to cop this weekend.

My question is, are the extra 16gb worth the extra 100$ plus tax?

Right now I plan to get the wifi 16gb.
My uses for it will be small business related. Fitness apps, quick books, finance apps, PDF files...etc.

I'm not a video editor or going to be stuffing my ipad with photos or too many songs like my iPhone.

Mostly want to use the Internet to browse, use the IPAd to study Ebooks and PDF files, and download useful apps for my business.

I just want to make sure 16gb is enough for that for the long haul. If any small business guys can chime in and help me out before Friday I'd appreciate it.

100 bucks seems pricy for just 16 GB extra space. But I don't wanna find myself out of space in 6 months...

My 2nd question is, besides online cloud type storage... Is there any way to externally store files for an ipad? I know it doesn't have a USB to connect to a real external drive... Are there any beneficial ways around that to have external storage available to plug in somehow?

Reps for any help!

My uses for it will be small business related. Fitness apps, quick books, finance apps, PDF files...etc.

I'm not a video editor or going to be stuffing my ipad with photos or too many songs like my iPhone.

Mostly want to use the Internet to browse, use the IPAd to study Ebooks and PDF files, and download useful apps for my business.

I just want to make sure 16gb is enough for that for the long haul. If any small business guys can chime in and help me out before Friday I'd appreciate it.

100 bucks seems pricy for just 16 GB extra space. But I don't wanna find myself out of space in 6 months...

My 2nd question is, besides online cloud type storage... Is there any way to externally store files for an ipad? I know it doesn't have a USB to connect to a real external drive... Are there any beneficial ways around that to have external storage available to plug in somehow?

Reps for any help!
I would say...if your usage is exactly as you say 16gb will be fine.   However, once you have your ipad, your consumption of media may begin to change.

My use is similar to yours, minus the business aspect.  I mainly just browse the internet at home, read Magazines that I subscribe to, and stream games from my cable box if I'm slow at work or bored to tears in my Thursday evening class.  I don't really game, watch videos, or listen to music on my 16 gb ipad.  However, I'd make the case for you to at least go one step higher.

In instances where I've really, really wanted to use my ipad for entertainment (a long day of multiple flights), I've found that the 16gb isn't enough.  Episodes of shows can run up to near 3 gb per, which is gonna get you like 3-4 of hours of viewing max.

Got my MacBook Pro today. First ever Apple computer, and it is insanely nice. I'm loving Maverick and pretty much everything about it.

Also, the battery life is insane. 8 hours+ !! Coming from a computer where I had 1-1.5 hours, it's startling. :smokin

Reps for any help!

I would say...if your usage is exactly as you say 16gb will be fine.   However, once you have your ipad, your consumption of media may begin to change.

My use is similar to yours, minus the business aspect.  I mainly just browse the internet at home, read Magazines that I subscribe to, and stream games from my cable box if I'm slow at work or bored to tears in my Thursday evening class.  I don't really game, watch videos, or listen to music on my 16 gb ipad.  However, I'd make the case for you to at least go one step higher.

In instances where I've really, really wanted to use my ipad for entertainment (a long day of multiple flights), I've found that the 16gb isn't enough.  Episodes of shows can run up to near 3 gb per, which is gonna get you like 3-4 of hours of viewing max.

Everyone I know that got a 16MB iPad (9 people) has regretted not getting the 32MB. You'd be surprised how fast 16MB gets filled up. Also remember you don't get a true 16MB capacity...

Everyone I know that got a 16MB iPad (9 people) has regretted not getting the 32MB. You'd be surprised how fast 16MB gets filled up. Also remember you don't get a true 16MB capacity...
Yea, I learned my lesson.  This time, i'm going 64 gb.

Now I'm wrangling over wifi only or add LTE.    98% of the time iPad is at home.  But times where I do take it with me and tether, the tethering kills the iphone battery.

Got my MacBook Pro today. First ever Apple computer, and it is insanely nice. I'm loving Maverick and pretty much everything about it.

Also, the battery life is insane. 8 hours+ !! Coming from a computer where I had 1-1.5 hours, it's startling.
smokin.gif
I just got mine too. I am loving this. Also a first time Mac user. 

Thanks guys, i really appreciate the feedback.

You've made me want to get the 32 GB to be safe.

Did you guys insure your ipads with squaretrade? Do you think its worth it?
Or will Applecare do?

Yea, I learned my lesson.  This time, i'm going 64 gb.

Now I'm wrangling over wifi only or add LTE.    98% of the time iPad is at home.  But times where I do take it with me and tether, the tethering kills the iphone battery.

LTE not worth it, you'll barely use it

Thanks guys, i really appreciate the feedback.

You've made me want to get the 32 GB to be safe.

Did you guys insure your ipads with squaretrade? Do you think its worth it?
Or will Applecare do?

I'm getting my son an iPad mini with retina display. I'd like to get the 3 year Best Buy accident protection but I can't afford it. I may get the 1 year though. It protects against you dropping it & cracking the glass. If you've got the extra money, I'd recommend it.

I'm getting my son an iPad mini with retina display. I'd like to get the 3 year Best Buy accident protection but I can't afford it. I may get the 1 year though. It protects against you dropping it & cracking the glass. If you've got the extra money, I'd recommend it.

just cop an otter box for him

Looks like the iPad mini w/ retina display will be coming out a week before Black Friday. Saw a post on "the internets" stating it was due to come out 11/21 but that's a Thursday & the pundits said Apple always releases on Friday.

Got my 32 GB black ipad air. So excited to go home durin lunch and open it.

First time ipad owner so im excited to see what it's really made of!

my AT&T rep just dropped my 128GB Black Air off.  For whatever reason the Space Gray looks better on the iPad than it does the 5S.

I didn't know this but if you get your LTE iPad through your carrier and you sign a two year contract, you get $100 off.

Got my 32 GB black ipad air. So excited to go home durin lunch and open it.

First time ipad owner so im excited to see what it's really made of!

Congrats LiCeNseD To BaLL. Hope you have fun with it.

You'll find you'll use your lap top and/or desk top a lot less.

Did you end up getting a protection plan for it?

64 gb silver copped this morning. Its a nice step up from the 16gb 2 I had. Same experience but just a lot snappier.

Also, now I can type with my thumbs in landscape orientation.

It's nice to be able to sync the last 5 unwatched episodes of all the shows I've downloaded, my music, and still have gbs to spare.

Back
Top Bottom