Apple October 22nd Event

android tablets are trash with the exception to the N7 version 2.

the problem i have with this new ipad release is that it is literally a blown up ipod touch.
previous generation ipads contain more powerful cpus, (a5x, a6x) than the iphone/touch counterpart, but this is just a "normal" a7 chip
sure the a7 is more than adequate for an ipad but why not demand more from it.

an a7 on an ipad mini makes sense because its cheaper but an a7 on a flagship ipad doesnt make sense.
plus where is the finger print censor, where is the improved camera. these are the features that i am sure many people expected to have.

i just dont understand why people continue to pay ridiculous prices for prospective apple products when the improvements are only marginal at best.
biggest pet peeve is that apple continues to sell that ipad 2, and got some nerve to charge $400 for it.
A refurbished iPad 4 16gb can be had for less than that in the apple store website.

my biggest pet peeve is when people use their big *** iPads as cameras at events... 

It's not Apple's fault that technology is reaching a minor plateau.

How much more can you innovate within a couple years?

I mean Jesus Christ... Compare 2013 to what we were holding in our hands in 2003.

The coolest thing about technology at school was that we could play SNAKE on our Nokia phone and brag about beating our high score to our friends.

View media item 626500
THAT WAS CONSIDERED DOING IT 10 YEARS AGO.

Now we got iPhones using finger print scanners, pencil thin high definition computer screens in OUR HANDS.

You can't change the world every year, so stop expecting historic announcements every time they get on the podium.

Last edited:
Samsung October 23rd Event. The game is about to be CHANGED!

Curved tilt screen.

:tongue:

Last edited:
or can u add a ssd after taking out ur disk drive????
getting a SSD for your macbook is probably one of the best things you can do behind upgrading the RAM

my boot time alone went from 30 seconds to 5 seconds after putting in a Samsung 840 SSD

my mac runs a lot smoother now

It's not Apple's fault that technology is reaching a minor plateau.

How much more can you innovate within a couple years?

I mean Jesus Christ... Compare 2013 to what we were holding in our hands in 2003.

The coolest thing about technology at school was that we could play SNAKE on our Nokia phone and brag about beating our high score to our friends.

View media item 626500
THAT WAS CONSIDERED DOING IT 10 YEARS AGO.

Now we got iPhones using finger print scanners, pencil thin high definition computer screens in OUR HANDS.

You can't change the world every year, so stop expecting historic announcements every time they get on the podium.

I dont think you alot of you understand....

Remember when Apple used to put out commercials asking "can your phone do this or that?"

now you have people dancing around in a commercial and the point of the commercial is that the iphone is a music player....

Or people taking pics, and the point of the commercial is saying my iphone can take pics....

or random people talking on the phone showing me the different colors the phone comes in...

Apple makes great products there is no denying that....

But have you seen the latest Samsung commercials?

The galaxy Gear watch?

Using my phone to pay at a register using google wallet....

Tapping my phone with someone elses to send pics, music, data etc...

How about using my phone as a remote for my cable box.

Have any of you tried the S pen on the Note?

or have any of you seen the flip covers for the Galaxy S4 with the window?

Sometimes its the small things that matter when it comes to improvements something apple doesnt seem to care about anymore.

At least Samsung, Google and Android are taking a step in the right direction.....

I think Steve Jobs passing gives people the courage to step away from Apple...

Lettuce be cereal... If Jobs was still alive, people would be calling an iPad air "so innovative"...

They were already heading down this road of samesies...

Samsung is definitely in the lead now as far as innovation goes.

Well, if you can call it that, seeing as how they jacked the foundation from Apple. I was a long time Apple snob and made the switch to Samsung products and I honestly don't see what makes Apple worth the price now. That "no viruses" defense is getting tired too.

Last edited:
So, I'm not interested in engaging an Android/Apple war.

I am wondering for the 13inch - go with 4GB of ram or pay the $100 upgrade for 8GB. Thanks for the input guys!

So, I'm not interested in engaging an Android/Apple war.

I am wondering for the 13inch - go with 4GB of ram or pay the $100 upgrade for 8GB. Thanks for the input guys!

if your already spending that much money, $100 wont hurt you. $100 for an extra 4GB of ram is well worth it especially directly from apple

I wasn't serious at all about that, but if you read what it does and how it will be used, it's very innovative.

Been wanting to get a MBP, but I have a 2008 MB (the black one) that I put new RAM and HD in and it runs great to the point where I really don't need to drop money on a new laptop anytime soon still. I just want one :lol: I'm gonna hold off though, chances a new body drops within the next 2/3 years?

more info on the ram and hd (pm me bro). i have an older model mbp too and i want to upgrade it.
yeah i been hearing the new retina MBP arent upgradable
so i have been having second thoughts on this as well

Everything is soldered to the motherboard. Thats the biggest reason why I didn't get the retina last year and opted for the non retina version. I can open this one up and add more ram and an extra HDD. I'm planning on replacing my disk drive with a HDD.
or can u add a ssd after taking out ur disk drive????

Yep.

http://gigaom.com/2011/04/01/how-to-replace-your-macbooks-optical-drive-with-an-ssd/

Run your OS and Software off the SSD and use the HDD for files.

Last edited:
Wait people wanted them to put the fingerprint scan on the iPads? Yet in the iPhone thread people were complaining about how useless that was and how it invaded your privacy and was a deal breaker :rofl:

Wait people wanted them to put the fingerprint scan on the iPads? Yet in the iPhone thread people were complaining about how useless that was and how it invaded your privacy and was a deal breaker :rofl:

****** don't know what they want. They're just complaining because someones listening.

People complaining about the touch id sensor? i'm sure Apple can fix the passcode hack or whatever. Its actually faster to unlock the phone.

Looking forward to installing Mavericks on my iMac...Hopefully its worth holding off on Mountain Lion.

Updating to mavericks erased everything off of my friends & mine computer. I backed up a week ago so all wasn't lost, did loose some important things tho, but this guy now. He lost everything smh. Midterm week & you don't got none of your notes or guidelines smh

updated earlier...

how do I do top page/bottom page gesture??

I don't see an option in trackpad settings.

Back
Top Bottom