Apple October 22nd Event

what do you guys like about mavericks so far?

I'm updating from snow leapord.

Why is mavericks free? Is it free for a limited time?

So, I'm not interested in engaging an Android/Apple war.

I am wondering for the 13inch - go with 4GB of ram or pay the $100 upgrade for 8GB. Thanks for the input guys!

I got a 4GB in 2011, copped the 8GB myself and a screwdriver for $2.99 .. cost me way less than $100. I never let Apple do any of my upgrades. Same with the battery, they rape you with prices for something that takes 10 seconds :smh:

Not even going to think of updating my laptop to Maverick it's probably going to move like molasses :lol:

Last edited:
Not even going to think of updating my laptop to Maverick it's probably going to move like molasses
laugh.gif
we can downgrade back to snow lepeord right?

I have a mid 2010 mbp with 8bg of ram.

Will my mac be slow?

Wait people wanted them to put the fingerprint scan on the iPads? Yet in the iPhone thread people were complaining about how useless that was and how it invaded your privacy and was a deal breaker :rofl:

I think it's because they're doing the same thing they did by not having a retina screen on the mini...you add it the next year to add to the upgrade factor. The same way they lag behind on the camera.

They'll add it next year to boost that release...along with the usual...minimal form factor change...lighter and thinner

No non retina MBP? 

So does this mean that RAM is not upgradable on any MBP?

If so, I gotta decide between last years upgradable 2012 non retina or the new 2013 MBP. 

Apple going after the business market and also the free future upgrades = more users = less security for Mac's. My main attraction to OSX was it's lack of targets. I've been thinking of switching to a different OS for business reasons; I was right.

Hmmm been a google chrome user forever. On my MacBook Pro, iPhone, etc and was seeing what y'all thought about Safari?

Should I make the jump? If so, what's the easiest way to transfer by bookmarks, saved passwords, etc from Chrome to Safari?

Hmmm been a google chrome user forever. On my MacBook Pro, iPhone, etc and was seeing what y'all thought about Safari?

Should I make the jump? If so, what's the easiest way to transfer by bookmarks, saved passwords, etc from Chrome to Safari?

Google bookmarks > ______

The good thing about safari is that is essentially either a mobile browser on a desktop OS, or vice versa, a desktop browser on a mobile OS.

If I'm doing something productive, it's Chrome all day. If I'm just being leisurely watching videos and surfing NT, etc. I usually go with Safari.

So I didn't watch the event and I haven't found anything credible about the iMac? Did they announce anything?

I know they just got a soft refresh this summer, but I was hoping for something else...

So I didn't watch the event and I haven't found anything credible about the iMac? Did they announce anything?

I know they just got a soft refresh this summer, but I was hoping for something else...

No iMac update yet. Maybe in the spring.

I like that the new ipad mini will have 128gb storage capability.  I was hoping for an ipod touch with 128gb capacity so that I can bring all my music on the go, but it looks like the ipod is taking a back seat to iphone and ipad platforms.

No iMac update yet. Maybe in the spring.

Thank you.

Also, I thought the Haswell processors were more efficient and had more processing power than the Xeon's. So why are the Xeon's still being used for the Mac Pro's?

Apple going after the business market and also the free future upgrades = more users = less security for Mac's. My main attraction to OSX was it's lack of targets. I've been thinking of switching to a different OS for business reasons; I was right.
View media item 626892"he asked me for a new OS becaue OSX was getting more exposure. And I said 'install Gentoo!!!'

GENTOO!!!!"

lol

I'm running mavericks on muh mac, it's the same as before. Supposed to get batter memory usage and stuff of the sort?

Last edited:
If I was a sheep being sold on dreams by apple don't you think I would of bought a IPAD by now?

Didn't you read my post? I'm not buying it ONLY because it's lighter. I actually need one. I'm starting a fitness business soon, I've found numerous 3rd party ipad applications that would be beneficial to my business. Time efficient applications that would help me a lot more than a clipboard and paper, and would be a lot easier to carry than MacBook Pro.

The weight difference between the ipad air and ipad 4 may not be super big, but the weight difference between the ipad air and my MBP is.

I don't get why it annoys you that I'd rather purchase the air and enjoy the lighter/thinner aspect of it than purchase a 3 or 4 for around the same price with worst specs

No ones saying it's the most significant upgrade ever. But for someone whose been waiting to get their first ipad, it only being 1 lb makes it that much sweeter to buy.

Cherry on top of the sundae bro. I was gonna have to buy one regardless, so why not be excited that I can get the most bang for my buck?

It's not gonna be a toy for me to play angry birds on. This is something I want to invest in for work and education.

:rolleyes

What kind of customization do you want though?

I want this new ipad air for my personal business that I will begin soon. Carrying the light ipad air will be a lot more time efficient and space efficient than lugging around my 2009 MBP.

I also have been studying Ebooks lately and reading them on this new ipad air will be so much more convenient than sitting at my desk all the time to read them on my laptop.

Those are the reasons I'm excited for this new ipad. So happy it's thin and light. The reason i never loved the idea of an ipad was because of how bulky it seemed. It never seemed necessary to me.

But now it does.

I don't care about fancy customizations I need something light and reliable to get work done with on the fly and this seems like what I've been waiting for.

So no complaints from me.

Dream sold. 

C'mon fam.....  the iPad 3 and 4 are far from bulky. They way you talking is like there's a 3 pound difference, when there's really less than a 1/2 pound change.  

If I was a sheep being sold on dreams by apple don't you think I would of bought a IPAD by now?

Didn't you read my post? I'm not buying it ONLY because it's lighter. I actually need one. I'm starting a fitness business soon, I've found numerous 3rd party ipad applications that would be beneficial to my business. Time efficient applications that would help me a lot more than a clipboard and paper, and would be a lot easier to carry than MacBook Pro.

The weight difference between the ipad air and ipad 4 may not be super big, but the weight difference between the ipad air and my MBP is.

I don't get why it annoys you that I'd rather purchase the air and enjoy the lighter/thinner aspect of it than purchase a 3 or 4 for around the same price with worst specs

No ones saying it's the most significant upgrade ever. But for someone whose been waiting to get their first ipad, it only being 1 lb makes it that much sweeter to buy.

Cherry on top of the sundae bro. I was gonna have to buy one regardless, so why not be excited that I can get the most bang for my buck?

It's not gonna be a toy for me to play angry birds on. This is something I want to invest in for work and education.

@LiCeNseD To BaLL I'm in the same boat as you man. I work on remote locations with a harness on my shoulders carrying 30 lbs of gear while taking notes on a notepad. Trust me I wish I could buy a B&N Nook and flash it to Android and use that, but these productivity apps are only available on iOS. :smh: These companies developing professional apps are only developing them for iOS. :rolleyes But at the same time, spending $1000 on two iPads with these apps will by far more than pay for that just in networking clients alone. Flashing a Nook would only cost me $150. :smh: I hear you man. And yea, that 1lb is legit especially since I need two and maybe 3.

Anybody:

I've never used an ipad or iphone. Can you toggle between apps that are running in the backgroun efficiently? Everything is time-sensitive as in, it needs to be notated or adjusted at that very second, so I would also need them to keep running accurately in the background.... Can I expect this????

Last edited:
@LiCeNseD To BaLL I'm in the same boat as you man. I work on remote locations with a harness on my shoulders carrying 30 lbs of gear while taking notes on a notepad. Trust me I wish I could buy a B&N Nook and flash it to Android and use that, but these productivity apps are only available on iOS. :smh: These companies developing professional apps are only developing them for iOS. :rolleyes But at the same time, spending $1000 on two iPads with these apps will by far more than pay for that just in networking clients alone. Flashing a Nook would only cost me $150. :smh: I hear you man. And yea, that 1lb is legit especially since I need two and maybe 3.

Anybody:

I've never used an ipad or iphone. Can you toggle between apps that are running in the backgroun efficiently? Everything is time-sensitive as in, it needs to be notated or adjusted at that very second, so I would also need them to keep running accurately in the background.... Can I expect this????

Just double tap the home button and you'll see your apps running in the background. They stay open unless you close them.

YA maverick doesnt seem like a huge upgrade... i hardly notice the difference besides my scrolling has gotten laggy while surfing the net

Back
Top Bottom