Anyone actually regret going to college...?

I don't regret going, but I always think about what could have been if I had dropped it to work at a real estate development firm in '02. I was getting $15 an hour then as an intern for small firm. I had just gotten my r.e. license that summer too. I think I could have set myself up well for life if I would have stayed home.

That being said, my general bus mgmt degree gets me in the door at most organizations. And college is a social experience too Some people have to learn to be independent and not so dependent upon parents.

I don't regret going, but I always think about what could have been if I had dropped it to work at a real estate development firm in '02. I was getting $15 an hour then as an intern for small firm. I had just gotten my r.e. license that summer too. I think I could have set myself up well for life if I would have stayed home.

That being said, my general bus mgmt degree gets me in the door at most organizations. And college is a social experience too Some people have to learn to be independent and not so dependent upon parents.

I don't regret going to college. However, I do think that if instead of going to college I had put all the time and effort I put into college into creating a business or finding a way to make money, that I would be better off. It's just hard to stay motivated when there aren't any hard consequences such as failing a test or getting bad grades.

I don't regret going to college. However, I do think that if instead of going to college I had put all the time and effort I put into college into creating a business or finding a way to make money, that I would be better off. It's just hard to stay motivated when there aren't any hard consequences such as failing a test or getting bad grades.

meh i feel like i did everything right (except stacking up many, many, many thousands of $ in private loans). went to a really good school, got decent grades, networked, interned (Congressional, think tank, and law firm) and have a decent paying job but something still feels like it wasn't worth it.

Its the debt that really sucks. I went to school in DC and so many people I know are doing the yuppie thing right now, which seems fun as %#!%. Sad part for me is I make more than most of the people I know but live at home outside of DC, and commute to work to pay a grip to get a head on my loan payments. Sucks hearing my co-workers and friends talk about the things they do in the city after work when I have to spend 1.5+ hours on a bus back to my area. Feel like I put the best part of life on hold to save some money.

meh i feel like i did everything right (except stacking up many, many, many thousands of $ in private loans). went to a really good school, got decent grades, networked, interned (Congressional, think tank, and law firm) and have a decent paying job but something still feels like it wasn't worth it.

Its the debt that really sucks. I went to school in DC and so many people I know are doing the yuppie thing right now, which seems fun as %#!%. Sad part for me is I make more than most of the people I know but live at home outside of DC, and commute to work to pay a grip to get a head on my loan payments. Sucks hearing my co-workers and friends talk about the things they do in the city after work when I have to spend 1.5+ hours on a bus back to my area. Feel like I put the best part of life on hold to save some money.

I wouldnt say its a priceless" life exprience" .. I have friends in the same circle of peers who have no Uni under their belt and doing just fine.. Biggest thing about college is to take you out of your comfort zone and expose you to new settings and surroundings.  Thats not to say you cant have the "college exp" without going(if that makes sense).. . Do i regret it?  for the most part yes, but then again i couldnt picture myself doing anything else...

I wouldnt say its a priceless" life exprience" .. I have friends in the same circle of peers who have no Uni under their belt and doing just fine.. Biggest thing about college is to take you out of your comfort zone and expose you to new settings and surroundings.  Thats not to say you cant have the "college exp" without going(if that makes sense).. . Do i regret it?  for the most part yes, but then again i couldnt picture myself doing anything else...

I don't. I've been out less than a year and only owe 1400 in loans
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

about to start i think business will be a good major hopefully its what i wanna do
Just be sure to keep an open mind, don't confine yourself to a little box because other people either look down upon a certain major or don't see any benefit to your path. It's your life, do what you're passionate about and in the end things will work themselves out, but work hard.

As for me, I regret not doing as I described above...now I'm a little behind, but I could've had a much easier time. I still don't regret GOING to college, though....I wouldn't trade in my dorming or undergrad experience here for the money I could've saved by staying home going to a JC. Hell, I basically met my current girlfriend and a lot of good people here

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

about to start i think business will be a good major hopefully its what i wanna do
Just be sure to keep an open mind, don't confine yourself to a little box because other people either look down upon a certain major or don't see any benefit to your path. It's your life, do what you're passionate about and in the end things will work themselves out, but work hard.

As for me, I regret not doing as I described above...now I'm a little behind, but I could've had a much easier time. I still don't regret GOING to college, though....I wouldn't trade in my dorming or undergrad experience here for the money I could've saved by staying home going to a JC. Hell, I basically met my current girlfriend and a lot of good people here

if i couuld go back in time.....................so many things would be different

i live with no regrets though................cant live like that.

im doin alright now though. just gotta keep looking ahead, you have the power to change things.

if i couuld go back in time.....................so many things would be different

i live with no regrets though................cant live like that.

im doin alright now though. just gotta keep looking ahead, you have the power to change things.

The people who regret college 99% of the time are people who were either mediocre (average - below average grades) people who didn't make the right moves (join clubs, networking, getting to know professors in your field, building a base). College is so much more than just getting a degree and hoping everything works out. You have to be proactive while you're there. I knew soooo many people in college that simply went to class, went home and partied. That's it. To me the people who make the most of their degrees made moves outside of class. There is no place greater to make connections and network than college. If you don't realize that, then yes, college will be a colossal waste of your time.

The people who regret college 99% of the time are people who were either mediocre (average - below average grades) people who didn't make the right moves (join clubs, networking, getting to know professors in your field, building a base). College is so much more than just getting a degree and hoping everything works out. You have to be proactive while you're there. I knew soooo many people in college that simply went to class, went home and partied. That's it. To me the people who make the most of their degrees made moves outside of class. There is no place greater to make connections and network than college. If you don't realize that, then yes, college will be a colossal waste of your time.

the only thing i regret was spending a bulk of the time locked down...

but its a good feeling telling everyone, "i'm graduating in ____" or "yeah, i just finished up my BA"

college is dope, fams....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the only thing i regret was spending a bulk of the time locked down...

but its a good feeling telling everyone, "i'm graduating in ____" or "yeah, i just finished up my BA"

college is dope, fams....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Yep, that's all me right there.  I don't regret going to college, I feel that I should have done more during my time there & now I'm paying the price.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Yep, that's all me right there.  I don't regret going to college, I feel that I should have done more during my time there & now I'm paying the price.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

you have a BA sole?

and i cant speak on it now cus I haven't graduated but I love the experience of college...can't wait to go back in a few weeks.
yeah. working on my masters. but im thinking about dropping out.

eek.gif
eek.gif
high as the living is here?

them young bucks must be turning you over to the street life.
mad.gif

im not sure i follow what you are saying...
embarassed.gif

what about the cost of living...and/or street life? what does that have to do with my ba?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

you have a BA sole?

and i cant speak on it now cus I haven't graduated but I love the experience of college...can't wait to go back in a few weeks.
yeah. working on my masters. but im thinking about dropping out.

eek.gif
eek.gif
high as the living is here?

them young bucks must be turning you over to the street life.
mad.gif

im not sure i follow what you are saying...
embarassed.gif

what about the cost of living...and/or street life? what does that have to do with my ba?

Back
Top Bottom