Anyone actually regret going to college...?

^ o...ok. I have a pretty secure and well paying job. *knocks on wood and thanks god* but i am just bored.

^ o...ok. I have a pretty secure and well paying job. *knocks on wood and thanks god* but i am just bored.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

At the moment maybe. But what is your earning potential when comparing with and without your masters?

Plus you have invested so much time and money already in it, why turn around and say forget it. And have nothing to show for that debt accumulated?

Just finish it up.

At the moment maybe. But what is your earning potential when comparing with and without your masters?

Plus you have invested so much time and money already in it, why turn around and say forget it. And have nothing to show for that debt accumulated?

Just finish it up.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just finish it up.
Yeah you have a point. I also should probably utilize the resources of grad school outside of just pure academics as well. (Such as networking). Thank God I have yet to accumulate debt in grad school and i hope it continues that way. Things to think about.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just finish it up.
Yeah you have a point. I also should probably utilize the resources of grad school outside of just pure academics as well. (Such as networking). Thank God I have yet to accumulate debt in grad school and i hope it continues that way. Things to think about.

Not at all.

I may have done a few things differently if I did it over again, but then again, who wouldn't?

The market for jobs with my undergrad degree is flooded (marketing), but I finished my MBA at 23 and am searching for a real job now.

In hindsight, I probably would've double majored with Marketing and Finance (instead of Marketing and Management like I did) and I would've focused on studying for the GMAT to get into a top tier MBA program. I spent my time focusing on the LSAT and then withdrew from law school after realizing I was only there for a paycheck and had no real interest in the law. I don't regret trying it out though, because I was on scholarship and would've wondered "what if" for the rest of my life if I didn't try it.

All in all, college life is dope. I learned so much inside and outside of the classroom. I met a bunch of great people, and besides a couple minor things, I'd definitely do it again.

Not at all.

I may have done a few things differently if I did it over again, but then again, who wouldn't?

The market for jobs with my undergrad degree is flooded (marketing), but I finished my MBA at 23 and am searching for a real job now.

In hindsight, I probably would've double majored with Marketing and Finance (instead of Marketing and Management like I did) and I would've focused on studying for the GMAT to get into a top tier MBA program. I spent my time focusing on the LSAT and then withdrew from law school after realizing I was only there for a paycheck and had no real interest in the law. I don't regret trying it out though, because I was on scholarship and would've wondered "what if" for the rest of my life if I didn't try it.

All in all, college life is dope. I learned so much inside and outside of the classroom. I met a bunch of great people, and besides a couple minor things, I'd definitely do it again.

Originally Posted by eight2one

i regret going the CC route

why do people say this? this is sometimes the most fiscally responsible way...

forget them drunken nights.. you can do that when you get your own spot, own whip, and do it big on a BIG level...

and i think the wimmies are easier when they get closer to 30 instead of closer to 20...

jumpin them 27 year old hams left and right...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

forget them drunken nights.. you can do that when you get your own spot, own whip, and do it big on a BIG level...

and i think the wimmies are easier when they get closer to 30 instead of closer to 20...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cuz in CC you cant take classes directed towards your major, and take a lot of BS classes that actually hold the process up a couple years....and if your really not motivated, you begin to feel its worthless, like youre not going anywhere with that crap

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cuz in CC you cant take classes directed towards your major, and take a lot of BS classes that actually hold the process up a couple years....and if your really not motivated, you begin to feel its worthless, like youre not going anywhere with that crap

hell yea i regret going to college.  i never graduated but got debt out the #$+ now, wasted hella time and money.  all i ever wanted to be since hs was a chef.  but people were like "nah you won't be making guap" "why? that's not high paying"  all that kind of bs.  so i got talked into school basically. wasted mad money and hated every second of it. 

eventually i said eff it.  dropped out now i'm enrolled in culinary school. i start in sept, i'm actually exited about school for the first time in my life.

hell yea i regret going to college.  i never graduated but got debt out the #$+ now, wasted hella time and money.  all i ever wanted to be since hs was a chef.  but people were like "nah you won't be making guap" "why? that's not high paying"  all that kind of bs.  so i got talked into school basically. wasted mad money and hated every second of it. 

eventually i said eff it.  dropped out now i'm enrolled in culinary school. i start in sept, i'm actually exited about school for the first time in my life.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the CC route is very economical for many if you knock out pre-reqs and gen ed courses that are relatively similar of a freshman year academic schedule. you have to go into a CC knowing that you are going to leave because if not, then it feels like how you described. thats the one thing I dont regret because I'd be in 50K more in debt plus interest had I tried to go directly to the university I graduated from. IMO no amount of partying, girls, alcohol or whatever is indicative of the "freshman year" experience is worth that much money. besides I did all that my sophomore year with the freshman as well as the sophomore and junior transfers.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the CC route is very economical for many if you knock out pre-reqs and gen ed courses that are relatively similar of a freshman year academic schedule. you have to go into a CC knowing that you are going to leave because if not, then it feels like how you described. thats the one thing I dont regret because I'd be in 50K more in debt plus interest had I tried to go directly to the university I graduated from. IMO no amount of partying, girls, alcohol or whatever is indicative of the "freshman year" experience is worth that much money. besides I did all that my sophomore year with the freshman as well as the sophomore and junior transfers.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom