Anyone actually regret going to college...?

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

hell yea i regret going to college.  i never graduated but got debt out the #$+ now, wasted hella time and money.  all i ever wanted to be since hs was a chef.  but people were like "nah you won't be making guap" "why? that's not high paying"  all that kind of bs.  so i got talked into school basically. wasted mad money and hated every second of it. 

eventually i said eff it.  dropped out now i'm enrolled in culinary school. i start in sept, i'm actually exited about school for the first time in my life.
Isn't culinary school notorious for the high tuition? Congrats... takes some courage to do what you did.

hell yea i regret going to college.  i never graduated but got debt out the #$+ now, wasted hella time and money.  all i ever wanted to be since hs was a chef.  but people were like "nah you won't be making guap" "why? that's not high paying"  all that kind of bs.  so i got talked into school basically. wasted mad money and hated every second of it. 

eventually i said eff it.  dropped out now i'm enrolled in culinary school. i start in sept, i'm actually exited about school for the first time in my life.
Isn't culinary school notorious for the high tuition? Congrats... takes some courage to do what you did.

All of these college related posts questioning the value/necessity are related to the recession/depression we are currently facing. It is never a bad idea to attempt to better yourself by going to college/trade school/whatever you passion is. If this were pre-2007 everyone would be posting stories about their terrfic jobs and ballin lifestyle. Things happen, but eventually things will recover as they always have. It is better to be qualified for something than qualified for nothing.

All of these college related posts questioning the value/necessity are related to the recession/depression we are currently facing. It is never a bad idea to attempt to better yourself by going to college/trade school/whatever you passion is. If this were pre-2007 everyone would be posting stories about their terrfic jobs and ballin lifestyle. Things happen, but eventually things will recover as they always have. It is better to be qualified for something than qualified for nothing.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

yea, art institute will set you back 40k.  i'm just going to st paul college here.  it's only about 10k for the program.  i know a lot of chefs and they all said they'd hook it up after i graduate so they told me just to go to a cheap school cause half the battle is finding a job.

thanks bro

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

yea, art institute will set you back 40k.  i'm just going to st paul college here.  it's only about 10k for the program.  i know a lot of chefs and they all said they'd hook it up after i graduate so they told me just to go to a cheap school cause half the battle is finding a job.

thanks bro

Originally Posted by ricky409

but its a good feeling telling everyone, "i'm graduating in ____" or "yeah, i just finished up my BA"
that feeling is
pimp.gif

seeing peeps you havent seen in a while and they hit you with the, yea im still working at **insert dead end job**, then you hit them with that yea i graduate next week line
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

also, girls were more interested
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

but its a good feeling telling everyone, "i'm graduating in ____" or "yeah, i just finished up my BA"
that feeling is
pimp.gif

seeing peeps you havent seen in a while and they hit you with the, yea im still working at **insert dead end job**, then you hit them with that yea i graduate next week line
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

also, girls were more interested
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom