Anyone actually regret going to college...?

Originally Posted by Furrell

Why does this thread keep coming up? No one should regret going to college. You earned that degree. The fact is that the market hasn't recovered and isn't expected to fully recover for a few more years. If we had all graduated from school five years ago, no one would feel this way because there were jobs a plenty.

Major has nothing to do with it. You can read the unemployed thread and see that there are engineers that are unemployed. There are people with finance/accounting degrees that are unemployed. There are people with IT degrees that are unemployed.

But i have a job, and I regret it

Its not about regretting that you went to college, its regretting the degree you pursued...I am glad I went to college, and I am especially glad that I went to a community college first and then a university. I had my wild years in community college, dropped out and came back when I was focused and kicked butt ever since then..If I would have dropped out of a university it would have been mad expensive and they are less forgiving about coming back. Yes I do have loans and debt, but its ok; I rather have that and be able to pay if off instead of working at a dead end job. I know college does not guarantee you a great job, and some people can get great jobs without college degrees..That's all about luck and who you know...But I am glad I went to college because it taught my responsibility and hard work ethics. So to sum up my blabbering, its not about going to college that is the problem, its what you degree you chose when you are there..

Its not about regretting that you went to college, its regretting the degree you pursued...I am glad I went to college, and I am especially glad that I went to a community college first and then a university. I had my wild years in community college, dropped out and came back when I was focused and kicked butt ever since then..If I would have dropped out of a university it would have been mad expensive and they are less forgiving about coming back. Yes I do have loans and debt, but its ok; I rather have that and be able to pay if off instead of working at a dead end job. I know college does not guarantee you a great job, and some people can get great jobs without college degrees..That's all about luck and who you know...But I am glad I went to college because it taught my responsibility and hard work ethics. So to sum up my blabbering, its not about going to college that is the problem, its what you degree you chose when you are there..

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

I just wish I knew what I wanted to major in when I started. Wasted 2 years
30t6p3b.gif

my original plan was to work and no attend college. My aunts told me not attending college wasnt an option. So I attended college, LOL. Now ima say i didnt make it out alive. Do I regret well of course since my original plan was my original plan but since I attended and I learned what I needed to learn and see what I needed to see which wasnt a lot but enough I can say it was a nice experience. Stay focused on college meaning on schoolwork and most importanly know yourself...

my original plan was to work and no attend college. My aunts told me not attending college wasnt an option. So I attended college, LOL. Now ima say i didnt make it out alive. Do I regret well of course since my original plan was my original plan but since I attended and I learned what I needed to learn and see what I needed to see which wasnt a lot but enough I can say it was a nice experience. Stay focused on college meaning on schoolwork and most importanly know yourself...

nope, cant put a price on a life experience.

...well, not until salliemae gets you 6 months after graduation.

nope, cant put a price on a life experience.

...well, not until salliemae gets you 6 months after graduation.

can some1 link me to the unemployed thread? it keeps coming up. i'm too lazy to search

can some1 link me to the unemployed thread? it keeps coming up. i'm too lazy to search

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Its 90% about who you know in this world it is sad.

I would have never attended my college (drexel university) in tons of debt still living at home yet I work for NASA.

Got my job through my dad who knew a contractor who hired me and then got converted to a civil servant.  I was like well my finance and accounting degree as well as my experience at T. Rowe Price and Laureate Higher Education must have really been the deciding factor.  Kid i got hired with went to frostburg has a marketing degree....his fiance's dad hired him because he works here......

Basically but the when I think on it I ask myself would I kno half the people I know if I didn't go to school....and the answer is NO
So even though I may never use my degree to get a job (Bus. Mang)...I'm sure I will continue to get jobs simply based off the people I have met over the last 5 years 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Its 90% about who you know in this world it is sad.

I would have never attended my college (drexel university) in tons of debt still living at home yet I work for NASA.

Got my job through my dad who knew a contractor who hired me and then got converted to a civil servant.  I was like well my finance and accounting degree as well as my experience at T. Rowe Price and Laureate Higher Education must have really been the deciding factor.  Kid i got hired with went to frostburg has a marketing degree....his fiance's dad hired him because he works here......

Basically but the when I think on it I ask myself would I kno half the people I know if I didn't go to school....and the answer is NO
So even though I may never use my degree to get a job (Bus. Mang)...I'm sure I will continue to get jobs simply based off the people I have met over the last 5 years 

No. Met my future wife. Best friend.

No. Met my closest friends (also from Niketalk lol)

No. Had an amazing time (waking up at noon after coming home at 6AM)

No. Had the most freedom in the world.

No. Job opportunities were abundant post grad.

The only thing I do regret is not starting my own business while in College.

Will be running for City council for college station
pimp.gif

No. Met my future wife. Best friend.

No. Met my closest friends (also from Niketalk lol)

No. Had an amazing time (waking up at noon after coming home at 6AM)

No. Had the most freedom in the world.

No. Job opportunities were abundant post grad.

The only thing I do regret is not starting my own business while in College.

Will be running for City council for college station
pimp.gif

Why does this thread keep coming up? No one should regret going to college. You earned that degree. The fact is that the market hasn't recovered and isn't expected to fully recover for a few more years. If we had all graduated from school five years ago, no one would feel this way because there were jobs a plenty.

Major has nothing to do with it. You can read the unemployed thread and see that there are engineers that are unemployed. There are people with finance/accounting degrees that are unemployed. There are people with IT degrees that are unemployed.

This. Stuff you learn at college outside of the classroom is invaluable. Being away from home forces you to really grow up as well. F that.

This. Stuff you learn at college outside of the classroom is invaluable. Being away from home forces you to really grow up as well. F that.

i don't regret college as a whole but i do reget the timing and the choices i made. I chose a commuter school so i could stay home and save money. Should have went as far away as possible
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
. Parents basically chose my major for me and i didn't stick up for myself (Civil engineering...hate it) i paid for my own way btw. At least i dont have loan debt or anything but im stuck trying to find a job in a field i hate. My university stoppped offering postbacculaurete programs so if i wanna go back it's gonna be another 3-4 years. i'm 24 now and idk if i wanna invest that much time again. 
ohwell.gif
But right now i'm stagnant and it sucks. I'm really smart and have no motivation to do anything so that only compounds the situation.

i don't regret college as a whole but i do reget the timing and the choices i made. I chose a commuter school so i could stay home and save money. Should have went as far away as possible
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
. Parents basically chose my major for me and i didn't stick up for myself (Civil engineering...hate it) i paid for my own way btw. At least i dont have loan debt or anything but im stuck trying to find a job in a field i hate. My university stoppped offering postbacculaurete programs so if i wanna go back it's gonna be another 3-4 years. i'm 24 now and idk if i wanna invest that much time again. 
ohwell.gif
But right now i'm stagnant and it sucks. I'm really smart and have no motivation to do anything so that only compounds the situation.

Back
Top Bottom