Anyone actually regret going to college...?

SoleWoman wrote:
I know a lot of unemployed people with ba's, masters etc who are sitting at home (shout-out to the unemployment thread)

word.
Im back in school pursuing my passion/an actual job I'd love to have.

more loans ftl.

SoleWoman wrote:
I know a lot of unemployed people with ba's, masters etc who are sitting at home (shout-out to the unemployment thread)

word.
Im back in school pursuing my passion/an actual job I'd love to have.

more loans ftl.

I do in a sense that it actually hurt me find a job in the future. I should have taken a year off in between high school and college to really take a step back and think about what I wanted to do.

Instead I went straight to college, changed majors 3 times, and just went with whatever degree that would help me graduate the fastest. Now I feel I wasted 5 1/2 years and am still lost out here. I would have rather struggled at 18 then 27.

I do in a sense that it actually hurt me find a job in the future. I should have taken a year off in between high school and college to really take a step back and think about what I wanted to do.

Instead I went straight to college, changed majors 3 times, and just went with whatever degree that would help me graduate the fastest. Now I feel I wasted 5 1/2 years and am still lost out here. I would have rather struggled at 18 then 27.

I wouldn't say I regret going to college, probably the institution I choose to attend more so than anything. But then again if I went elsewhere I would have missed out on meaningful friendships I made. I also regret not networking as much as I could have once I the opportunity.

I wouldn't say I regret going to college, probably the institution I choose to attend more so than anything. But then again if I went elsewhere I would have missed out on meaningful friendships I made. I also regret not networking as much as I could have once I the opportunity.

I don't regret going to college. I definitely regret my major change. I hate Communications although I'm sure it will open some doors.

Has anyone ever gone back for a 2nd degree? like a 2nd BA? I'm seriously thinking about going back for a Graphic Design or Business Degree.

I don't regret going to college. I definitely regret my major change. I hate Communications although I'm sure it will open some doors.

Has anyone ever gone back for a 2nd degree? like a 2nd BA? I'm seriously thinking about going back for a Graphic Design or Business Degree.

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

I just wish I knew what I wanted to major in when I started. Wasted 2 years
30t6p3b.gif
Word

Originally Posted by dmagic21

Yep I wish I would have acquired my Cdl at 21 instead of 23
I went from making 38k a year with a degree, 11 hours a day,
To 90k a year , just by taking a chance to try something new

i'm gonna get my cdl soon, you drive local or national?

Originally Posted by dmagic21

Yep I wish I would have acquired my Cdl at 21 instead of 23
I went from making 38k a year with a degree, 11 hours a day,
To 90k a year , just by taking a chance to try something new

i'm gonna get my cdl soon, you drive local or national?

I dont regret going to college (accouting degree btw) but i do regret not joining any clubs, internships, etc while i was in school...

didnt give me the expereince i need that some companies are looking for. but after 2 1/2 years looking for a job, i finally found a job that deals with my major.

I dont regret going to college (accouting degree btw) but i do regret not joining any clubs, internships, etc while i was in school...

didnt give me the expereince i need that some companies are looking for. but after 2 1/2 years looking for a job, i finally found a job that deals with my major.

Loved everything about college.

Friends, Botched relationships, Random smashing, pledging.

hated the fact i chose a business degree. wish i went for film out the gate.

now i'm tryna correct that. I graduate on the 19th, tho!

Loved everything about college.

Friends, Botched relationships, Random smashing, pledging.

hated the fact i chose a business degree. wish i went for film out the gate.

now i'm tryna correct that. I graduate on the 19th, tho!

I don't regret going to college, but I regret going straight after high school. If I had to do it over again I would have worked for 4-5 years then went to college.

I would have been more mature, got better grades, been in a better financial situation, and would have had a better social life.

I don't regret going to college, but I regret going straight after high school. If I had to do it over again I would have worked for 4-5 years then went to college.

I would have been more mature, got better grades, been in a better financial situation, and would have had a better social life.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

frown.gif

With student loans and careers being all about experience nowadays...anyone wish they would have just started working or went to a trade school or any other alternative routes...?

If you could do it all over what would you have done differently? If you still would have went to school...would you have chosen a different major?
you have a BA sole?

and i cant speak on it now cus I haven't graduated but I love the experience of college...can't wait to go back in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

frown.gif

With student loans and careers being all about experience nowadays...anyone wish they would have just started working or went to a trade school or any other alternative routes...?

If you could do it all over what would you have done differently? If you still would have went to school...would you have chosen a different major?
you have a BA sole?

and i cant speak on it now cus I haven't graduated but I love the experience of college...can't wait to go back in a few weeks.

thought about going into college.

but i hate, i repeat, HATE school. in high school i didnt make A's or B's, a _ got with with O's and W's early.
30t6p3b.gif

got my ged and 2 years worth of #%+$@%%% community college and i have the opportunity to work as a network administrator for some security firm in fairfax for 35k starting (my sister works for boeing and im certified btw).

im a fucc up with a bright future. its all about who you know.

Back
Top Bottom