Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady Vol. #1 in Orlando

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Year after he left? What? Lol. Someone clearly doesn't know about the history of the Magic management when T-Mac was on the team as well. Bunch of wasted picks and Otis Smith came on board too late. T-Mac wanted Okafor by the way during the draft because he seemed more ready to contribute right away, but the Magic actually did the right thing by getting Howard.

T-Mac did the "right" thing by wanting to get traded to a better team. By the time the Magic and Howard finally made the playoffs, T-Mac was already starting to get into injured mode. 
how am i wrong? howards 1st year in the league was the 1st year tmac was with the rockets. if he had stayed it would;ve been a whole lot different.
okafor or not, tmac should have stayed, because having turkoglu and, nelson, along with a young howard would have been a better team than the rockets at that time.. funny that tmac thought that about howard, since he was a highschool player himself when he got drafted..

i dont think tmac did the right thing. i think he should have stayed in orlando, and he will probably think the same was, because in rick adelman's system he wasnt the same player. yeah he had the 13 points in 30 sec. but that had nothing to do with the system he played in. that was just the talent that he had, and that talent would have been put to better use in orlando. especially since yao was option #1(right?) and with howard playing the inside and not demanding the ball, tmac had a defensive minded player that didnt want the ball as much as he did..

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

how am i wrong? howards 1st year in the league was the 1st year tmac was with the rockets. if he had stayed it would;ve been a whole lot different.
okafor or not, tmac should have stayed, because having turkoglu and, nelson, along with a young howard would have been a better team than the rockets at that time.. funny that tmac thought that about howard, since he was a highschool player himself when he got drafted..

i dont think tmac did the right thing. i think he should have stayed in orlando, and he will probably think the same was, because in rick adelman's system he wasnt the same player. yeah he had the 13 points in 30 sec. but that had nothing to do with the system he played in. that was just the talent that he had, and that talent would have been put to better use in orlando. especially since yao was option #1(right?) and with howard playing the inside and not demanding the ball, tmac had a defensive minded player that didnt want the ball as much as he did..

You stated earlier that Howard was drafted a year after T-Mac left. Which is incorrect.

T-Mac and Yao led the Rockets to the playoffs every year they were healthy, while the Magic took a couple mediocre seasons before they got there with Howard. The Magic couldn't get it done in a weaker Eastern Conference with Francis and Cat replacing T-Mac.

Yao was the #1 option, but it was T-Mac setting up the offense and taking over when the game was on the line. Adelman did not implement the high post offense as much with Yao like he did with Divac and Miller back in Sacramento. And Yao never demanded the ball. That was his problem. It took a couple seasons before he even understood the concept of a killer instinct. And the Rockets played better team defense than the Magic all those years. I hope you know who was the asst coach on the team at the time...
laugh.gif

Stop making assumptions like T-Mac wouldn't have gotten injured on the Magic if he stayed.  

You stated earlier that Howard was drafted a year after T-Mac left. Which is incorrect.

T-Mac and Yao led the Rockets to the playoffs every year they were healthy, while the Magic took a couple mediocre seasons before they got there with Howard. The Magic couldn't get it done in a weaker Eastern Conference with Francis and Cat replacing T-Mac.

Yao was the #1 option, but it was T-Mac setting up the offense and taking over when the game was on the line. Adelman did not implement the high post offense as much with Yao like he did with Divac and Miller back in Sacramento. And Yao never demanded the ball. That was his problem. It took a couple seasons before he even understood the concept of a killer instinct. And the Rockets played better team defense than the Magic all those years. I hope you know who was the asst coach on the team at the time...
laugh.gif

Stop making assumptions like T-Mac wouldn't have gotten injured on the Magic if he stayed.  

What are y'all saying, he was injured with the Magic too.

And TMac was already 3 seasons deep with the Rockets before Adelman came here. Offense pretty much ran through TMac and Yao during the Van Gundy era. Hell they were the offense.

What are y'all saying, he was injured with the Magic too.

And TMac was already 3 seasons deep with the Rockets before Adelman came here. Offense pretty much ran through TMac and Yao during the Van Gundy era. Hell they were the offense.

Penny...didnt he score 42.0 for a stretch right after Shaq left or right before injury. Penny was an all-around talent. I feel like we got cheated that generation, because him and G-Hill both were too injury prone. Luckily MJ came back.

Penny...didnt he score 42.0 for a stretch right after Shaq left or right before injury. Penny was an all-around talent. I feel like we got cheated that generation, because him and G-Hill both were too injury prone. Luckily MJ came back.

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

Originally Posted by OneTrust

You mean to tell me, you can't find a way to win 1 game out of 3. 1 game? 
I love how you act like this was soooo shocking but a page before you wrote:

Never could see why people compare Kobe and T-Mac. Especially since the title states Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady lol...but for the sake of argument, Kobe > T-Mac anyday of the week. Put Kobe in the east back then with no Shaq and he's getting out of the 1st round guaranteed.
You do realize Kobe was ALSO up 3-1 in the playoffs and lost too right?  I'm curious to know if you were "so shocked" as well when Kobe, who you believe is waaaay better than Tmac, couldn't even win being up 3-1.
Yep sure do remember. Even more shocked in fact. They should've won that series. And had they pulled a damn rebound before Tim Thomas hit that 3, this wouldn't be in the discussion. But if there is a Kobe or T-Mac thread, I would LOVE to elaborate, but for now, KOBE >> T-MAC.

That didn't happen so it IS a discussion and losing a series up 3-1 isn't as "unbelieveable" as you're making it out to be.  The better team wins majority of the time in a 7 game series, especially when it' a better "team" rather than a ONE man team.

You mean to tell me, you can't find a way to win 1 game out of 3. 1 game? 

Never could see why people compare Kobe and T-Mac. Especially since the title states Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady lol...but for the sake of argument, Kobe > T-Mac anyday of the week. Put Kobe in the east back then with no Shaq and he's getting out of the 1st round guaranteed.
You do realize Kobe was ALSO up 3-1 in the playoffs and lost too right?  I'm curious to know if you were "so shocked" as well when Kobe, who you believe is waaaay better than Tmac, couldn't even win being up 3-1.
Yep sure do remember. Even more shocked in fact. They should've won that series. And had they pulled a damn rebound before Tim Thomas hit that 3, this wouldn't be in the discussion. But if there is a Kobe or T-Mac thread, I would LOVE to elaborate, but for now, KOBE >> T-MAC.

That didn't happen so it IS a discussion and losing a series up 3-1 isn't as "unbelieveable" as you're making it out to be.  The better team wins majority of the time in a 7 game series, especially when it' a better "team" rather than a ONE man team.

laugh.gif

the year tmac went to the rockets was 04-05, which was the same year the magic drafted dwight howard. you can say all you want, but everyone in this thread knows that both francis and mobley combined were never as good as tmac, especially with francis being on the downside of his career and mobley.. well just being old...so if tmac was the #2 option, and yao#1, it was in a way like a shaq and kobe combo, in houston. but where kobe could take over a game like that as well as being the #2 option, tmac couldnt. he might have taken over games, but where yao was lacking in certain areas, tmac shouldve filled that gap.

howard went 12 and 10 his rookie year.. yao had 18.3 and 8.4.. so it wouldnt be long for howard to catch up to him..if tmac would have stayed he would've been the #1 option and not#2, every year his scoring went down..

you say yao wasnt used the way divac and miller were used, how does that affect tmac? so what if the rockets played better defense than the magic? you just mentioned that the magic played in the weaker east, then adding a player like howard, hedo and nelson along with tmac would be a great start for any team.

laugh.gif

the year tmac went to the rockets was 04-05, which was the same year the magic drafted dwight howard. you can say all you want, but everyone in this thread knows that both francis and mobley combined were never as good as tmac, especially with francis being on the downside of his career and mobley.. well just being old...so if tmac was the #2 option, and yao#1, it was in a way like a shaq and kobe combo, in houston. but where kobe could take over a game like that as well as being the #2 option, tmac couldnt. he might have taken over games, but where yao was lacking in certain areas, tmac shouldve filled that gap.

howard went 12 and 10 his rookie year.. yao had 18.3 and 8.4.. so it wouldnt be long for howard to catch up to him..if tmac would have stayed he would've been the #1 option and not#2, every year his scoring went down..

you say yao wasnt used the way divac and miller were used, how does that affect tmac? so what if the rockets played better defense than the magic? you just mentioned that the magic played in the weaker east, then adding a player like howard, hedo and nelson along with tmac would be a great start for any team.

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

And TMAC wasn't an all-around player?
grin.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

grin.gif
nope

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

grin.gif
nope

Originally Posted by franchise3

The love for Penny is mind boggling.

It's really not though. At the time, the NBA was really in search for that next great superstar. The next MJ if you will. Penny had that flare and charisma on this exciting, up and coming team.

NBA was in search of something different. The Bulls had won the previous three and with MJ gone, who was gonna step up? People pulled for Orlando because they were exciting. Penny was the leader of that team, so followers jumped on.

Originally Posted by franchise3

The love for Penny is mind boggling.

It's really not though. At the time, the NBA was really in search for that next great superstar. The next MJ if you will. Penny had that flare and charisma on this exciting, up and coming team.

NBA was in search of something different. The Bulls had won the previous three and with MJ gone, who was gonna step up? People pulled for Orlando because they were exciting. Penny was the leader of that team, so followers jumped on.

I said it shouldn't happen and I was more shocked when the Lakers lost that series. It's unbelievable to ME, if it happens. In 62 years of the league, 182 teams out of 190 that are up 3-1, win the series. That's 95% Only 8 teams in NBA history have come back to do such a feat. Your up 3-1, you should win the series. If your good enough to win 3 games, your good enough to win 4. It's in the discussion because someone ADDED it in. We're talking about Penny vs. T-Mac, not Penny vs. Kobe or T-Mac vs Jesus.   

I said it shouldn't happen and I was more shocked when the Lakers lost that series. It's unbelievable to ME, if it happens. In 62 years of the league, 182 teams out of 190 that are up 3-1, win the series. That's 95% Only 8 teams in NBA history have come back to do such a feat. Your up 3-1, you should win the series. If your good enough to win 3 games, your good enough to win 4. It's in the discussion because someone ADDED it in. We're talking about Penny vs. T-Mac, not Penny vs. Kobe or T-Mac vs Jesus.   

bob4rmmarketing wrote:
This.  All of this. 

bob4rmmarketing wrote:
This.  All of this. 

Back
Top Bottom