Amaré to Warriors for Curry, Biedrins, Wright and/or Belinelli?

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by Paul Is All In

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Warriors really need this trade to go through
Elaborate please. There are a lot of Warriors fans (minus dp
laugh.gif
) that say that we don't need this trade. I want to know why you think it's a good trade.

First if they keep Curry, the Warriors are filled with a bunch of guards. Curry, Azubike, Watson, Ellis, Jackson, Belinelli (garbage). They have no big men whatsover. And plus Ellis has ben *****in to staff about the direction they have been going. So they might want to get a star in there while they can or Ellis will be outta there. Warriors are not a hot ticket team to play on so they better wheel and deal b4 we have another 15 year drought. Biedris aint worth 9 million when you have no offensive and always getting beasted by other centers.
No big men whatsoever? I think that's a stretch. Oh, and what's the point of getting Stoudemire if we're giving up 2 bigs to get him (Biedrins and Wright). We lose a big in that deal. Isn't that counter productive?

Yeah, we know we have guards, but IMO, the guards to get rid of are Azubuike (I can stomach letting him go), Maggette, Jackson, C.J. Watson, Acie Law, and Speedy Claxton. Those are the guys we need to let go. If we need to give up Belinelli, then ok, as long as what we're getting back in return is worthwhile.

Wright and Beidrins are always getting beasted in the paint. They are too small play down there. Turaif which is undersized plays harder than Biedris. Wright will be replaced with Randolph
Your reasoning doesn't make sense. You say the Warriors are lacking bigs. Ok, I tell you we have bigs. Then you say they get "beasted in the paint" especially how Wright gets beasted in the paint. Then you bring up Randolph replacing Wright, but what you fail to acknowledge is Randolph is thinner than Wright. Ok
eyes.gif

You also are overrating Amare as a center. He's more suited to be a PF in this league. Doesn't that make us still undersized?

Randolph has shown more potential than Wright. Yes Wright has been injured, by the drive Randolph is starting to pick up. So your saying that Biedris would be a better center than Amare. I know you have ssen the Warrior games when Amare was killin Biedris at Oracle. Yes they still we be undersized but at least they have a dominate big man that can score unlike Biedris. So why don't you want the trade to go through?
Randolph has show more potential in terms of what? I'd understand if you were talking about offense but what you were talking about being"beasted in the paint" on defense. Now how I interpret that is that a Boozer-type PF would back him down at will. To me, Wright and Randolphcan't stop a Boozer-type player from backing them down at will. Whatever point you were trying to make there wasn't made at all. They'll both get"beasted in the paint."

I'm not saying Biedrins would be better than Amare. Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that Biedrins is a good center. The thing you weresaying was that Biedrins is an undersized center. I said that Amare is a more natural PF and is also undersized at center. So that point you tried to makewasn't made, again.

I don't want Amare because of the uncertainty of Amare re-signing. If Amare had the same amount of years on his contract, I'd be for it. At least withBiedrins, we know he's going to be here for 5 years. Also, Biedrins is far from being a bum. He's a good center who is improving his game. I saw growthlast year, I expect to see growth this year. Amare's ego is incredibly huge.

Below is Stoudemire's contract year by year. Stoudemire will be commanding so much money. Can we afford him with Jackson's extension, Monta'scontract, Maggette's contract, etc? That's another question that must be answered. It's another thing that we're uncertain about.

k9dhdt.png

i think the trade is hard for some of warriors fans to swallow because of all the prospects we have to give up for a one year rental.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Warrior fans are so sensitive. Biedrins isn't that much better than Chris Anderson.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What's funny? He may be better, but it's not by any significant margin...
I think a lot of Warriors fans overvalue the players. I'm in the minority, but I don't think Biedrins is even that much better thanTuriaf.

Originally Posted by jeff415finest

laugh.gif
) that say that we don't need this trade. I want to know why you think it's a good trade.
We need this trade because we would unload players that wouldn't even play anyways.
The lineup would look like this.
C-Amare
PF-Randolph
SF-Jackson
SG-Ellis
PG-Curry
6th-Maggette
7th-Turiaf
8th-Morrow
9th-Watson
10-Davidson
11-Speedy
12-Law

I mean i understand you guys argument we are giving up alot, but if amare is extending his contract before the deal goes down then thats not your "rent-a-player". We would get a consistent lineup and no what-if thoughts throughout the long season when the Nelly is juggling his go-to guys. Amare is a superstar compared to Beans. Beans was great with baron only. He'll get his numbers but he doesnt have that killer instincts that Amare has in the post. Most importantly, this trade will bring much excitement because Amare brings everything the Warriors been wishing, which is a big man that can score unwillingly. Amare has already proved he gun be successful in the run and gun offense. Everyone has seen what garnett has done with boston. This is not a bad trade at all. Marco will not reach his peak with this team because there is simply too many guards.
When we finally accept the fact that we have talent on the bench that our coach refuses to play, then we have failed as fans. As fans, we want the best for our team. Accepting that is like giving up to Don Nelson to me. I'll never accept that. I'm going to hate Don Nelson as long as he's here benching our players that deserve to play.

Biedrins was only great with Baron? I beg to differ. Biedrins improved his game this year. He had a couple 20 point games and they didn't necessarily come off of gimme baskets that our "pass-first PG
eyes.gif
" set Biedrins up with.

I don't watch much from Amare but from what I've seen, I didn't see Amare having a "killer instinct."
What i mean by killer instinct is going back at someone, who was trying to knock your head off on the other end of the floor. Beans doesn't dothat. Amare commands a double team. Beans numbers improved but he ain't a game changer. He's not what teams game plan and zone in on. Lets face it,replace Amare with Beans when we made the playoffs and i guarantee you boozer and them jazz frontline guys wouldn't be pushing Amare around like a skinnykid like they did Beans. Yes, he was only effective with Baron on the team because Crawford and Watson weren't a scoring threat like diddy. I mean your madcuz were giving up Beans but were gonna get what we need because we ain't changing coaches anytime soon.

You don't have to watch Amare so much to know what he can do. Just youtube all the games when d'antoni was coach of Phx.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Warrior fans are so sensitive. Biedrins isn't that much better than Chris Anderson.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What's funny? He may be better, but it's not by any significant margin...
I think a lot of Warriors fans overvalue the players. I'm in the minority, but I don't think Biedrins is even that much better than Turiaf.

I am in the minority then too if most Warriors fans overvalue players. Will Biedrins ever be an All Star Center? No. But he is a quality YOUNG center who isstill getting better. He is definitely a more polished C than Turiaf and miles ahead of Chris Anderson. Come on now.

What i mean by killer instinct is going back at someone, who was trying to knock your head off on the other end of the floor. Beans doesn't do that. Amare commands a double team. Beans numbers improved but he ain't a game changer. He's not what teams game plan and zone in on.
When I think of "killer instinct," I think of someone like a Paul Pierce or Kobe Bryant who steps up their game in the 4th quarter.That's what I meant. I know how Stoudemire plays. I don't need to see youtube clips of the guy.

I'm not saying that Biedrins neck and neck with Stoudemire. I know that Stoudemire is better offensively. I know he's more of what the defense willfocus on. Again, the reason why I like Biedrins is the certainty of Biedrins. I don't like the uncertainty of Stoudemire, mainly his contract situation.I'm not confident that Stoudemire will sign an extension with us. So let's say Stoudemire leaves after a year, then what? We're left with nothingfrom that trade.

Again, Biedrins is not a bum. Biedrins is a good center and we have certainty with Biedrins. If you read a lot of the replies from those who dislike the trade,we refer to it as a rent-a-player move.

Lets face it, replace Amare with Beans when we made the playoffs and i guarantee you boozer and them jazz frontline guys wouldn't be pushing Amare around like a skinny kid like they did Beans. Yes, he was only effective with Baron on the team because Crawford and Watson weren't a scoring threat like diddy. I mean your mad cuz were giving up Beans but were gonna get what we need because we ain't changing coaches anytime soon.
Yes, Stoudemire would have matched up better with Boozer. That's part of the pros with Stoudemire. Biedrins struggled with Boozer, butwhat's why we added Turiaf to also put a bulkier body on Boozer. Again, it's his contract situation why I'm so hesitant to embrace this trade.

You don't have to watch Amare so much to know what he can do. Just youtube all the games when d'antoni was coach of Phx.
I know how Stoudemire plays. I'm said I don't watch much of Stoudemire's game because I speaking on his killer instinct, not his gameand talent. I know how he plays. I know he's got talent. I know his game.

I am in the minority then too if most Warriors fans overvalue players. Will Biedrins ever be an All Star Center? No. But he is a quality YOUNG center who is still getting better. He is definitely a more polished C than Turiaf and miles ahead of Chris Anderson. Come on now.
In what way is he miles ahead of Chris Anderson?

it's hard to swallow this trade rumor, but at the same time, why try to keep players that will rarely see any consistent PT aside from Biedrins? they mayhave a lot of potential, but that does the team no good if nelson keeps them benched 30+mins apiece.

laugh.gif

First if they keep Curry, the Warriors are filled with a bunch of guards. Curry, Azubike, Watson, Ellis, Jackson, Belinelli (garbage). They have no big men whatsover. And plus Ellis has ben *****in to staff about the direction they have been going. So they might want to get a star in there while they can or Ellis will be outta there. Warriors are not a hot ticket team to play on so they better wheel and deal b4 we have another 15 year drought. Biedris aint worth 9 million when you have no offensive and always getting beasted by other centers.
No big men whatsoever? I think that's a stretch. Oh, and what's the point of getting Stoudemire if we're giving up 2 bigs to get him (Biedrins and Wright). We lose a big in that deal. Isn't that counter productive?

Yeah, we know we have guards, but IMO, the guards to get rid of are Azubuike (I can stomach letting him go), Maggette, Jackson, C.J. Watson, Acie Law, and Speedy Claxton. Those are the guys we need to let go. If we need to give up Belinelli, then ok, as long as what we're getting back in return is worthwhile.

Wright and Beidrins are always getting beasted in the paint. They are too small play down there. Turaif which is undersized plays harder than Biedris. Wright will be replaced with Randolph
Your reasoning doesn't make sense. You say the Warriors are lacking bigs. Ok, I tell you we have bigs. Then you say they get "beasted in the paint" especially how Wright gets beasted in the paint. Then you bring up Randolph replacing Wright, but what you fail to acknowledge is Randolph is thinner than Wright. Ok
eyes.gif

You also are overrating Amare as a center. He's more suited to be a PF in this league. Doesn't that make us still undersized?

Randolph has shown more potential than Wright. Yes Wright has been injured, by the drive Randolph is starting to pick up. So your saying that Biedris would be a better center than Amare. I know you have ssen the Warrior games when Amare was killin Biedris at Oracle. Yes they still we be undersized but at least they have a dominate big man that can score unlike Biedris. So why don't you want the trade to go through?
Randolph has show more potential in terms of what? I'd understand if you were talking about offense but what you were talking about being "beasted in the paint" on defense. Now how I interpret that is that a Boozer-type PF would back him down at will. To me, Wright and Randolph can't stop a Boozer-type player from backing them down at will. Whatever point you were trying to make there wasn't made at all. They'll both get "beasted in the paint."

I'm not saying Biedrins would be better than Amare. Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that Biedrins is a good center. The thing you were saying was that Biedrins is an undersized center. I said that Amare is a more natural PF and is also undersized at center. So that point you tried to make wasn't made, again.

I don't want Amare because of the uncertainty of Amare re-signing. If Amare had the same amount of years on his contract, I'd be for it. At least with Biedrins, we know he's going to be here for 5 years. Also, Biedrins is far from being a bum. He's a good center who is improving his game. I saw growth last year, I expect to see growth this year. Amare's ego is incredibly huge.

Below is Stoudemire's contract year by year. Stoudemire will be commanding so much money. Can we afford him with Jackson's extension, Monta's contract, Maggette's contract, etc? That's another question that must be answered. It's another thing that we're uncertain about.

k9dhdt.png
eek.gif
@ Dee Brown getting paid less than a teacher in Oakland.

Originally Posted by moe200069

it's hard to swallow this trade rumor, but at the same time, why try to keep players that will rarely see any consistent PT aside from Biedrins? they may have a lot of potential, but that does the team no good if nelson keeps them benched 30+mins apiece.
Like I said before...

When we finally accept the fact that we have talent on the bench that our coach refuses to play, then we have failed as fans. As fans, we want the best for our team. Accepting that is like giving up to Don Nelson to me. I'll never accept that. I'm going to hate Don Nelson as long as he's here benching our players that deserve to play.

I'm just going to guess they would do a sign and trade.

And Andersen is good for 6 points and 6 rebounds off the bench he's 31...Biedrins is a guaranteed double-double and 8 years younger...

it's hard to swallow this trade rumor, but at the same time, why try to keep players that will rarely see any consistent PT aside from Biedrins? they may have a lot of potential, but that does the team no good if nelson keeps them benched 30+mins apiece.
Like I said before...

i think we share the same sentiments...and considering the history of this franchise, who's morelikely and realistically going to have a longer tenure w/the warriors, any of those great-but-overly benched players or nelson? whereas i wish it were thoseplayers, that's unfortunately not the correct answer. you can hate nelson but that wont change his mind about playing certain players more. i'd hateto have to play into nelson's power over the team, but why not trade for pieces that will at least be put to work in this crappy system the warriors willbe forced to play in as long as he is the coach.

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Randolph has show more potential in terms of what? I'd understand if you were talking about offense but what you were talking about being "beasted in the paint" on defense. Now how I interpret that is that a Boozer-type PF would back him down at will. To me, Wright and Randolph can't stop a Boozer-type player from backing them down at will. Whatever point you were trying to make there wasn't made at all. They'll both get "beasted in the paint."

I'm not saying Biedrins would be better than Amare. Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that Biedrins is a good center. The thing you were saying was that Biedrins is an undersized center. I said that Amare is a more natural PF and is also undersized at center. So that point you tried to make wasn't made, again.

I don't want Amare because of the uncertainty of Amare re-signing. If Amare had the same amount of years on his contract, I'd be for it. At least with Biedrins, we know he's going to be here for 5 years. Also, Biedrins is far from being a bum. He's a good center who is improving his game. I saw growth last year, I expect to see growth this year. Amare's ego is incredibly huge.

Below is Stoudemire's contract year by year. Stoudemire will be commanding so much money. Can we afford him with Jackson's extension, Monta's contract, Maggette's contract, etc? That's another question that must be answered. It's another thing that we're uncertain about.

k9dhdt.png
eek.gif

eek.gif

The Phoenix Suns have been absolutely dismantled. It's a damn shame...you cant put all the blame on Steve Kerr, the owner of that team is the cheapestbastard ever.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Somewhere in AZ, Zodogg is in a full Michael Jackson-esque cardiac arrest.
I find it hilarious how Lakers fans always bring up zodogg
laugh.gif

Nothing against other Suns fans but he really deserves watching his team dismantle and rebuild itself. Karma is ... well you know.

laugh.gif
i remember this going down back in the day.

What i mean by killer instinct is going back at someone, who was trying to knock your head off on the other end of the floor. Beans doesn't do that. Amare commands a double team. Beans numbers improved but he ain't a game changer. He's not what teams game plan and zone in on.
When I think of "killer instinct," I think of someone like a Paul Pierce or Kobe Bryant who steps up their game in the 4th quarter. That's what I meant. I know how Stoudemire plays. I don't need to see youtube clips of the guy.

I'm not saying that Biedrins neck and neck with Stoudemire. I know that Stoudemire is better offensively. I know he's more of what the defense will focus on. Again, the reason why I like Biedrins is the certainty of Biedrins. I don't like the uncertainty of Stoudemire, mainly his contract situation. I'm not confident that Stoudemire will sign an extension with us. So let's say Stoudemire leaves after a year, then what? We're left with nothing from that trade.

Again, Biedrins is not a bum. Biedrins is a good center and we have certainty with Biedrins. If you read a lot of the replies from those who dislike the trade, we refer to it as a rent-a-player move.

Lets face it, replace Amare with Beans when we made the playoffs and i guarantee you boozer and them jazz frontline guys wouldn't be pushing Amare around like a skinny kid like they did Beans. Yes, he was only effective with Baron on the team because Crawford and Watson weren't a scoring threat like diddy. I mean your mad cuz were giving up Beans but were gonna get what we need because we ain't changing coaches anytime soon.
Yes, Stoudemire would have matched up better with Boozer. That's part of the pros with Stoudemire. Biedrins struggled with Boozer, but what's why we added Turiaf to also put a bulkier body on Boozer. Again, it's his contract situation why I'm so hesitant to embrace this trade.

I know how Stoudemire plays. I'm said I don't watch much of Stoudemire's game because I speaking on his killer instinct, not his game and talent. I know how he plays. I know he's got talent. I know his game.

Like i said in my first response:
I mean i understand you guys argument we are giving up alot, but if amare is extending his contract before the deal goes down then thats not your"rent-a-player".

eek.gif
Its clear the W's are getting the better end of the deal esp when there not givening up Curry. It will be interesting who has more wins nextyear the Suns or the W's. Nicks fans will forever be salty
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

suns get an infinitely improved rebounder over stoudamire and y'all know how steve nash makes shooters look.

warriors got fleeced.

IMO Warriors shoulda went with Hill. Hill has as much upside as Curry. Dubs need to stop catering to Nelly Ball. Nelly basically has one foot out the door asis. Why keep trading, signing, drafting dudes for his system?

If the deal goes down without the draft choice being included, considering Biedrins and Wright is gone, Turiaf is prone into getting into foul trouble andRandolph is still bulking up, Hill shoulda been the pick to help in the front court. Especially considering they just picked up Acie.

Finally, Morrow's J is wet as is. Dude like led the league in 3pt%. No need for Curry here. Let Morrow get mins

When I think of "killer instinct," I think of someone like a Paul Pierce or Kobe Bryant who steps up their game in the 4th quarter. That's what I meant. I know how Stoudemire plays. I don't need to see youtube clips of the guy.

I'm not saying that Biedrins neck and neck with Stoudemire. I know that Stoudemire is better offensively. I know he's more of what the defense will focus on. Again, the reason why I like Biedrins is the certainty of Biedrins. I don't like the uncertainty of Stoudemire, mainly his contract situation. I'm not confident that Stoudemire will sign an extension with us. So let's say Stoudemire leaves after a year, then what? We're left with nothing from that trade.

Again, Biedrins is not a bum. Biedrins is a good center and we have certainty with Biedrins. If you read a lot of the replies from those who dislike the trade, we refer to it as a rent-a-player move.

Yes, Stoudemire would have matched up better with Boozer. That's part of the pros with Stoudemire. Biedrins struggled with Boozer, but what's why we added Turiaf to also put a bulkier body on Boozer. Again, it's his contract situation why I'm so hesitant to embrace this trade.

I know how Stoudemire plays. I'm said I don't watch much of Stoudemire's game because I speaking on his killer instinct, not his game and talent. I know how he plays. I know he's got talent. I know his game.

Like i said in my first response:
I mean i understand you guys argument we are giving up alot, but if amare is extending his contract before the deal goes down then thats not your "rent-a-player".
I wouldn't give that up for Amar'e not just because of the ditching after a year part. He's a primma donna and if things don'twork out (remember Jackson and Maggette last year) then they're stuck with Amar'e for so many years with a big contract too. I just think the Warriorsare giving up a lot and not even getting rid of Jackson or Maggette? The Warriors have players that could be solid components for the future while Amar'eis more of a quick fix thing. Not saying he's old, but he's established and we know what he brings and he's probably not going to change. Theyounger guys can still groom their game and try and fit a need.

IMO Biedrins just suits the system better. He's got more length and works harder for boards. He's not as athletic or talented as Amar'e, buthe's fine with not having the ball in his hands or having plays called for him. He's effective without having to be a scorer (and he's fine withit) while Amar'e wants and needs the ball in his hands to be most effective. And his effort on the defensive end is
sick.gif
. I feel both are better as PF's, but AB is the better between the two at thecenter position.

Back
Top Bottom