***All RED MEAT is bad for you, new study says.***

swansondontcare.gif

ronmeat.gif

i don't remember the last time i ate red meat.  i know it's bad for you and i don't like the way it makes my stomach feel.  i eat maybe 6 oz every 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i don't remember the last time i ate red meat.  i know it's bad for you and i don't like the way it makes my stomach feel.  i eat maybe 6 oz every 2 weeks.
Therefore you remember the last time you ate red meat.
grin.gif

20110228-in-n-out-secret-menu%20-%2014.jpg

on my way to In n Out right now.

yeah everything we eat seems to lead to death or cancer nowadays....eff it I'm not changing any eating habits

although I only eat fast food like once a month if that

Originally Posted by pdot

I think it has less to do with eating meat itself & more to do with all the crap they pump into it.

I was just about to post this.

Is it red meat or is it overly processed, grain fed, force fed, hormone and antibiotic pumped red meat mixed with pink slime that does it?

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

grin.gif

no +@%@+!!, i'm just guessing approximately. i don't remember the last specific time i consumed some.  they only time i eat it is when i'm tasting food at work to make sure it's right.  try to call me out you better come harder than that.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Is it red meat or is it overly processed, grain fed, force fed, hormone and antibiotic pumped red meat mixed with pink slime that does it?

It's the latter.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

grin.gif

^   what kind of fake 3x2 is that?

ive eaten hundreds (if not thousands)of in n out burgers in my lifetime but I have never encountered one with perfect slices of unmelted cheese like that.  in fact, its perfect to the point of it being unperfect.  one of the signature moments of eating an in n out burger is after you finish your burger and you contemplate chewing the melted cheese that came off on the napkins that were touching the burger.

So as far as unprocessed meat is concerned, there's a correlation between death and red meat...but it's not causal...pfft. Not to mention there are no details released about the other aspects of the person's lifestyles whom they studied. And there's no control? They've basically said almost nothing, then...

Study is bad science. Some of the participants smoked, drank alcohol, were overweight, or had family history of disease.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Study is bad science. Some of the participants smoked, drank alcohol, were overweight, or had family history of disease.

This. Plus they didn't take into account of other foods they ate. Burgers & processed meat (Hotdogs/Bacon)= Red Meat. Lean steak is nowhere as unhealthy. Pretty bad study if you ask me.

People are starving all over the world, what do you mean, "red meat will kill you"? Don't eat no red meat? No, don't eat no green meat. If you lucky enough to get your hands on a steak, bite the %!%$ out of it!

-Chris Rock

Everything is bad for you if you consume it long enough. Literally everything. I wouldn't take it too serious. Think about people today, average life expectancy is around 80. I don't know about you guys, but I'm content with 80. I'm not trying to live 100 years without eating what I want. Don't listen to studies, if you read enough, you're not safe eating, drinking, and doing anything in your life. Most studies just try to sway people into consuming something else as an alternative. Eat what you want, don't get old and than realize you wasted your life being healthy.

They say this about everything, apparently now milk is bad for you too. My grandparents be eatin steak and theyre in their 80s I think Im good

Back
Top Bottom