AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

Brazil rap group Racionais MC's in the OG Chicago XII's
1_I0QJqqecrWQmxg6kGRZnig.jpg

Good to have these Taxis back in my collection. It’s a clear difference in materials and overall shape. The newer versions have a longer toe and shorter stance.
IMG_3060.jpeg
IMG_3061.jpeg
IMG_3059.jpeg
IMG_3058.jpeg
IMG_3057.jpeg
IMG_3056.jpeg

To me, the OG 12 is the greatest OG sneaker to own. Worst case you just gotta re-glue the sole Or that "jumpman " tab on the side cracks. But the upper quality is elite and it takes a lot to make it look beat

To me, the OG 12 is the greatest OG sneaker to own. Worst case you just gotta re-glue the sole Or that "jumpman " tab on the side cracks. But the upper quality is elite and it takes a lot to make it look beat
Yep. I have several pairs. Sole is easy to glue on 12s. At least it is for me because I've done it so many times. Uppers are basically indestructible. The quality still shows even today.

I'm sure others feel differently, but I've never really cared about the Jumpman tabs lol. I let them do whatever. Just clean that area up a bit to make it look a little better and be on my way lol.

I honestly think instead of circling back to some 12 retros, a lot of people should find OGs in good shape, do the minor fixes and maintain from there. They'll hold up.

Last edited:
Im doing a full restore so I can add them to my very small limited rotation lol. I even found a place the sells replacement full length zoom inserts.

Why do they have such a hard time replicating that shape?

I don't think they'd have a hard time at all. With any of the retros. But I suspect it's all about cost. They'd have to make new lasts/patterns/molds/whatever. And by slimming down the proportions of so many models, it appears less material is required to make each pair, which seems like it would also save Nike money. This is really the only logical conclusion I've been able to come to over the years.

I don't think they'd have a hard time at all. With any of the retros. But I suspect it's all about cost. They'd have to make new lasts/patterns/molds/whatever. And by slimming down the proportions of so many models, it appears less material is required to make each pair, which seems like it would also save Nike money. This is really the only logical conclusion I've been able to come to over the years.
Now I want a weight comparison between a og and a modern release of the same size to see if there's actually less material.

Now I want a weight comparison between a og and a modern release of the same size to see if there's actually less material.
You can see it with your own eyes. They’ve improved some models as of late but there have been plenty of retros that are visibly shorter, for example, than the originals. (Meaning height not length.) Smaller proportions all around on some. That equals less material required.

Back
Top Bottom