AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

Been saying this for a min about XII's. Them Playoffs were the same.. probably a millimeter's difference between those and the joints on the last page. Playoff XIII's were aight but 12-14 look anorexic now :sick:

What’s different about the shape of these and the OG’s? Look pretty similar to me. 1997 Flu’s posted.

Here’s some OG B/Reds. Notice how the shoe doesn’t curve from the toe to the ankle collar. It’s a slope and then shoots up vertically. It’s more bulky compared to the newer 12s which curves like a crescent. Also notice how the OGs is significantly taller and not shorter on height like current Jordan’s (most OGs are taller in height). Also notice the height of the side panels is a taller height compared to 12s now which is shorter

Here’s some OG B/Reds. Notice how the shoe doesn’t curve from the toe to the ankle collar. It’s a slope and then shoots up vertically. It’s more bulky compared to the newer 12s which curves like a crescent. Also notice how the OGs is significantly taller and not shorter on height like current Jordan’s (most OGs are taller in height). Also notice the height of the side panels is a taller height compared to 12s now which is shorter

I really wish they make them bulky like that again. The 16 flu games was a solid retro, but it doesn’t too the OG’s and the 03 retros. The 03 retros material wise was just like the OG’s from what I remember. I remember that strong leather smell right out the box. The zoom air bag was more bouncy too

Good to have these Taxis back in my collection. It’s a clear difference in materials and overall shape. The newer versions have a longer toe and shorter stance.
IMG_3060.jpeg
IMG_3061.jpeg
IMG_3059.jpeg
IMG_3058.jpeg
IMG_3057.jpeg
IMG_3056.jpeg

See this is what I mean, the pair you’re posting is OG, like the ones I posted. Yet the shape is slightly different. Your OG post has a better shape than the ones I posted. And the White/Reds that recently leaked, from the lateral side look very OG (your pair) compared to recent 12s including Playoffs.

And looking at the Taxi/Playoff post above it seems like they extended the “reptile/lizard” leather (I don’t know what to call it) part of the sneaker a little too much on the Playoffs making the toe look weird. The White strip on the toe of the Playoffs covers more space than the Black strip on the Taxi’s. They’re undoubtedly slightly slimmer but just fixing that strip could enhance the shape.

Im having a tough time wrapping my head around the idea that those are OG flu games. It's not passing the eye test.
That’s what I thought when I first saw these pics, I saved them from the Soethby’s website that had the collection of his championship pairs alongside other game worn pairs. I had browsed the site for other pairs/pictures cause they have quality pics IMO, and I believe those pics were a size 14/15 but still lol

That’s what I thought when I first saw these pics, I saved them from the Soethby’s website that had the collection of his championship pairs alongside other game worn pairs. I had browsed the site for other pairs/pictures cause they have quality pics IMO, and I believe those pics were a size 14/15 but still lol
Got it. I just looked up the shoes on Sotheby's past auction page. Those are 1000% retros.
*On Retro flu games, you can barely see the design on the carbon fiber plate. it's not pronounced like the 97 pairs
*The translucent outsole is not opaque enough
*No padded leather ribbing. The OG's are padded all the way to the last lace eyelet near the forefoot
Flu game retro .jpg
1.jpg

Got it. I just looked up the shoes on Sotheby's past auction page. Those are 1000% retros.
*On Retro flu games, you can barely see the design on the carbon fiber plate. it's not pronounced like the 97 pairs
*The translucent outsole is not opaque enough
*No padded leather ribbing. The OG's are padded all the way to the last lace eyelet near the forefoot
Flu game retro .jpg
1.jpg
Damn, Soethby’s scheming? I found the pair.

They even labeled them OG. Thought other OG Jordan’s have shape discrepancies so why not the 12.

I had a pair of OG taxis and AMM 12 white and compared them. In hand there’s no comparison the shape on OGs is superior. I too thought those posted were retros cause they looked short.
IMG_1286.jpeg
IMG_1287.jpeg
IMG_1288.jpeg

Tried to show them and the differences. Can def see how slim the new 12s are compared to the Og and one thing I like about OGs is the toe and how it’s short and not long and curls

Has the style / color code for the 2016 pair ( 130690-002 )…So it’s definitely the retros…Aside from that, besides the slim shape you can clearly see the cardboard / plastic backing behind the two upper eyelets…That was only added on modern retros…

IMG_2707.jpeg

I had a pair of OG taxis and AMM 12 white and compared them. In hand there’s no comparison the shape on OGs is superior. I too thought those posted were retros cause they looked short.
IMG_1286.jpeg
IMG_1287.jpeg
IMG_1288.jpeg

Tried to show them and the differences. Can def see how slim the new 12s are compared to the Og and one thing I like about OGs is the toe and how it’s short and not long and curls
What’s up with that super sloppy maroon stitching “bleeding” into the white leather behind the plastic Jumpman tab? I’d have to get rid of those for that reason alone lol

What’s up with that super sloppy maroon stitching “bleeding” into the white leather behind the plastic Jumpman tab? I’d have to get rid of those for that reason alone lol
Nike being Nike. But on the medical side it’s pretty much non existent. The siding is mostly white.

But the due off the suede is rich and good quality. What we should be getting on the burgandy 5s but sadly not

If any shoe can bring some old heads from the 90s out, it’s possibly these white/red 12s (or a faithful version of the Taxis).

No resale and no double and triple ups because etfs (vti, schd, voo, vt if you want some international exposure), are a much more intelligent way to spend an extra $500 and your future self will thank you.

But I’ll try for one pair at retail.

Back
Top Bottom