300 Spartans vs 300 Silverback Gorillas

NT loves to overrate gorillas.

If we're talking about the Spartans from 300, first row of dudes would just ilne up with their shields, buckle down, and let the dudes behind them spear the gorillas in the face. Rinse and repeat.

Any remaining gorillas would probably be dealt with with some short swords. It doesn't matter how strong a gorilla is if it ain't got hands/arms, and last I checked, it's pretty easy to cut off an arm with a sharp weapon.

NT loves to overrate gorillas.

If we're talking about the Spartans from 300, first row of dudes would just ilne up with their shields, buckle down, and let the dudes behind them spear the gorillas in the face. Rinse and repeat.

Any remaining gorillas would probably be dealt with with some short swords. It doesn't matter how strong a gorilla is if it ain't got hands/arms, and last I checked, it's pretty easy to cut off an arm with a sharp weapon.
i also do think spartans would win but im just playing the devils advocate. gorillas are not stupid. they can communicate within their own species. they can use their surroundings to their advantage. climb trees, through rocks. silverback gorillas in theory can deadlift about 1200 lbs and can bench 600-700 lbs in theory. (you cant assume that just because gorillas are 12-20 times stronger than a human that you can multiple an average humans muscle ability with it) they can also weigh 500lbs so if you have one charging at spartans. no doubt there will be some knocked over or killed from sudden impact. and if you have a couple charging at you all at once at the speed of 25mph. there will definately be some deaths. each arm can reach to about 4 feet which is roughly half the size of a spartan spear. so it would be possible for a gorilla to grab the spear if not drawn all the way. and yes it is easy to chop of a human arm with one stroke but try chopping off an arm that has a higher bone and muscle density with little to no fat. also the muscle fibers from gorillas are thicker than a human. its like comparing chicken meat to cow meat. chicken meat is easily chewable while cow meat needs to be tenderized. ive cut chicken and beef many times and i always need a longer swing for beef. 

I am taking the spartans due to lack of motivation from the gorillas. By the time the gorillas in the back figure out its a fight it will be too late. The spartans all know what the goal is.

Spartans had bows and arrows too right? So they have some distance attack ability too.

I am taking the spartans due to lack of motivation from the gorillas. By the time the gorillas in the back figure out its a fight it will be too late. The spartans all know what the goal is.

Spartans had bows and arrows too right? So they have some distance attack ability too.
We're talking about a fictional situation in which the gorillas already want to kill the humans and vice versa. Every single gorilla is after blood.

We're talking about a fictional situation in which the gorillas already want to kill the humans and vice versa. Every single gorilla is after blood.

Ok....this is more difficult if all 300 gorillas are angry and charging.....I would again probably lean toward the spartans due to tactical prowess and organization and know-how in war like situations. But if we are talking like planet of the apes type stuff...that gorilla took down a helicopter....sooooo maybe gorillas? :lol:

But i think bows and arrows would be key and win the war

I don't think they used bows. I could be wrong, im channeling my college history knowledge which sucks lol.

Last edited:
bows and arrows wont kill 300 silverback gorillas. These animals can kill a human in a matter of seconds with their bare hands

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ only thing is a gorilla is wayyy stronger than a person..an adult chimpanzee cant rip a car door off of a car..and a gorilla is 10-20 times stronger than a chimp
lol ... rip a car door off a car? Sure not off a boat? Lol

Geese are jerks though. Probably the biggest a - holes of the animal kingdom.

-J-

Thought I was the only one who felt this way :rofl: these little **** inhabited my campus back in te day and we had to find alternate routes to get to class because if you dared cross them these ****** would ambush you!!!!! HOPE THEY ALL BURN IN HELL!

300 armed humans would beat any 300 animals, because animals are stupid and are not smart like humans.

300 aggravated rattle snakes, cobras and pythons VS 300 armed NYPD officers in a moshpit.....cops will probably shoot each other by mistake.

Ok....this is more difficult if all 300 gorillas are angry and charging.....I would again probably lean toward the spartans due to tactical prowess and organization and know-how in war like situations. But if we are talking like planet of the apes type stuff...that gorilla took down a helicopter....sooooo maybe gorillas? :lol:

I don't think bows and arrows swords and spears, **** might as well give them guns if you give them bows :lol:

Just imagine 300 400pound beasts running full speed. The overwhelming force would be too much for them

I don't think bows and arrows swords and spears, **** might as well give them guns if you give them bows
laugh.gif

Just imagine 300 400pound beasts running full speed. The overwhelming force would be too much for them
flaming arrow+gorilla=death

I don't think bows and arrows swords and spears, **** might as well give them guns if you give them bows :lol:

i hear you but im thinking with bows and arrows you can basically just put tons of them in the back and pick off a good amount of gorillas or at least weaken them while the front line gets destroyed. And humans are resourceful. Lead them to a cavern throw big rocks off mountains and crush some....im thinking it would be an epic battle but i got humans due to war strategy and weapons. But if there are no bows and arrows....battle field is a flat ground....they start 5 feet away from each other and the gorillas are blood thristy human haters....id take gorillas

Now if the gorillas are allowed to wear helmets and like body shields of some sort.....and the humans get bows....i might take the gorillas as well

Last edited:
I really hope all the posters in favor of spartans are trolling. I really hope lol.

Otherwise we're not gonna make it.

I really hope all the posters in favor of spartans are trolling. I really hope lol.

Otherwise we're not gonna make it.

its a fun hypothetical post why you think the gorillas would win that easily.

Humans have the ability to adapt better. If the humans learn to set traps they could win easy. Use giant nets to slow them down make it rain thousands of arrows over and over and you will decimate a lot of the gorillas. You can shoot arrows rapidly too. 50 shoot the other 50 reload and its a constant barrage of arrows while the gorillas just reck the front line. The force of the arrows shot that high will penetrate the skin easily. So you have 100 archers id say they can take out at least 2 gorillas a piece.....then all you need is the foot soldiers to take out 1 for every 2 of them.

its a fun hypothetical post why you think the gorillas would win that easily.

Humans have the ability to adapt better. If the humans learn to set traps they could win easy. Use giant nets to slow them down make it rain thousands of arrows over and over and you will decimate a lot of the gorillas. You can shoot arrows rapidly too. 50 shoot the other 50 reload and its a constant barrage of arrows while the gorillas just reck the front line. The force of the arrows shot that high will penetrate the skin easily. So you have 100 archers id say they can take out at least 2 gorillas a piece.....then all you need is the foot soldiers to take out 1 for every 2 of them.
didnt know that the spartans had a head start to make the traps. if the situation was gorillas and spartans starting the battle at the same time, gorillas would overtake

Back
Top Bottom