300 Spartans vs 300 Silverback Gorillas

And if you miss? lol. Mammoths are prey animals and were ambushed. We're talking about a head to head battle.

Open plains, I still think the Spartans take this, MORE INTELLIGENCE, skilled with a WEAPON, ****, all they have to do is throw a damn spear at a gorilla and it would be freaked out and retreating.

Lmao at we but bruh this ain't no typical human vs human battle. We talking silverback gorillas, no mistakes can be made not one. If you playing the distance game then i'll give you a few kills, but once they start that close quarters combat its over.

Well to be fair, Gorilla retreat around humans in most cases too due to us hunting them and not all the mammoths would run. Almost every animal on land smart enough to detect danger retreats from us since we use to hunt them.

who is "we" ... lol 

Humans, bro. Don't be a smart ***.

Open plains, I still think the Spartans take this, MORE INTELLIGENCE, skilled with a WEAPON, ****, all they have to do is throw a damn spear at a gorilla and it would be freaked out and retreating.
Well to be fair, Gorilla retreat around humans in most cases too due to us hunting them and not all the mammoths would run. Almost every animal on land smart enough to detect danger retreats from us since we use to hunt them.
Humans, bro. Don't be a smart ***.

So we're assuming the gorillas are afraid of the humans. Let's also assume they're fighting in water so the gorillas would just drown lol. Kinda defeats the purpose

Last edited:
You're telling me a silverback gorilla is going to see a human and become afraid?

Something else tells me you're not very familiar with gorillas.

Last edited:
So we're assuming the gorillas are afraid of the humans. Let's also assume they're fighting in water so the gorillas would just drown lol. Kinda defeats the purpose

Well, that's some gorilla's natural instincts, what do you want me to say? Some Spartans would scream when the Gorillas starts ripping their *** apart and some Gorillas would retreat after they get speared.

Are the gorillas gonna just be let loose in the area and whatever happens happens or are we assuming that all 300 gorillas are going to be charging at the same time. Realistically they're not all gonna be aggressive toward the same target at the same time nor are they going to work together.

You're telling me a silverback gorilla is going to see a human and become afraid?

Something else tells me you're not very familiar with gorillas.

Something tells me you don't know common interactions between animals and people. Due to our ancestors hunting most terrestrial animals, alot of them grown a natural fear for us. Just like how we also have a natural instinct to be afraid of Big Cats among other animals. Why do you think Gorillas are endangered right now. Although not all of them would retreat, those that are aware of people keep their distance to avoid potentially shot of captured.

What happens if a gorilla picks up a spear. Them boys use tools all the time you telling me they wouldn't pick up a spear and do work?

I'm probably taking the Silverbacks even if there are only 100 of them vs 300 Spartans.

What happens if a gorilla picks up a spear. Them boys use tools all the time you telling me they wouldn't pick up a spear and do work?

That's chimps and Bonobos which tend to show more ingenuity towards creating tools and using them compared to Gorillas. But, if they do by chance learn to use it at that moment or take it away, the Spartan would get easily mauled with the quickness.

They're endangered because of habitat loss and modern hunting (as in firearms), not because 300 spartans showed up with spears and started gutting them.

Well the fact is they're afraid of people and Spartans are people, quit dancing around the meat of my statement. We've been hunting them for generations and this primal fear developed long before guns were invented.

That's chimps and Bonobos which tend to show more ingenuity towards creating tools and using them compared to Gorillas. But, if they do by chance learn to use it at that moment or take it away, the Spartan would get easily mauled with the quickness.

Intelligence
See also: Animal language
Gorillas are considered highly intelligent. A few individuals in captivity, such as Koko, have been taught a subset of sign language. Like the other great apes, gorillas can laugh, grieve, have "rich emotional lives", develop strong family bonds, make and use tools, and think about the past and future.[49] Some researchers believe gorillas have spiritual feelings or religious sentiments.[2] They have been shown to have cultures in different areas revolving around different methods of food preparation, and will show individual color preferences.[2]

Tool use
The following observations were made by a team led by Thomas Breuer of the Wildlife Conservation Society in September 2005. Gorillas are now known to use tools in the wild. A female gorilla in the Nouabalé-Ndoki National Park in the Republic of Congo was recorded using a stick as if to gauge the depth of water whilst crossing a swamp. A second female was seen using a tree stump as a bridge and also as a support whilst fishing in the swamp. This means all of the great apes are now known to use tools.[50]

In September 2005, a two-and-a-half-year-old gorilla in the Republic of Congo was discovered using rocks to smash open palm nuts inside a game sanctuary.[51] While this was the first such observation for a gorilla, over 40 years previously, chimpanzees had been seen using tools in the wild 'fishing' for termites. Great apes are endowed with semiprecision grips, and have been able to use both simple tools and even weapons, by improvising a club from a convenient fallen branch, for example.

From the Gorilla Wiki.

They're endangered because of habitat loss and modern hunting (as in firearms), not because 300 spartans showed up with spears and started gutting them.

Well the fact is they're afraid of people and Spartans are people, quit dancing around the meat of my statement. We've been hunting them for generations and this primal fear developed long before guns were invented.

I am telling you directly that 300 silverback gorillas are going to **** up whatever kind of person you put in front of them if they so choose to. Why are you qualifying that these gorillas will be afraid? Why can't the Spartans be afraid? Are they not aware of the damage that gorillas can easily inflict? Or are you going to say that they're so brave and macho that they don't care?

From the Gorilla Wiki.

I was wrong, didn't think they used tools like Chimps, still won't think they'll pick up a spear and immediately use it though.

I am telling you directly that 300 silverback gorillas are going to **** up whatever kind of person you put in front of them if they so choose to. Why are you qualifying that these gorillas will be afraid? Why can't the Spartans be afraid? Are they not aware of the damage that gorillas can easily inflict? Or are you going to say that they're so brave and macho that they don't care?

No I'm not saying the Spartans would completely be fearless or anything, I just think as a whole, more times than not, they would organize themselves, as they did in the past, and fight them in a efficient, structured manner. That's what any good army would do in their society. Yes the Gorillas would **** them up but, in the end, I just picture the spartans winning. And I doubt the Gorillas would charged at the same time. I mean come on, they're Gorillas.:tongue:

im going w/ the gorillas. its gona take more than a couple spears to slow one down.

imagine a silverback faster than chris johnson running straight at u. i doubt a shield will do anything

Bro, this is a back against the wall, fight or you're dead, death match. "Run away" isn't part of your list of options and is kind of a cop out answer.

Bro, this is a back against the wall, fight or you're dead, death match. "Run away" isn't part of your list of options and is kind of a cop out answer.

OP said it takes place in the Hot Gates which is Thermopylae, there is no walls. But, if everyone is charging and hocked up on steroids or something all at once, than Gorillas would win. But, that goes against the Spartans style and SOME Gorillas natural instincts as they would not all charge at the same time and they would not all be fighting the Spartans. Sorry I'm taking the fun out of this but, logically this all-out gorilla charge would not happen.

OP said it takes place in the Hot Gates which is Thermopylae, there is no walls. But, if everyone is charging and hocked up on steroids or something all at once, than Gorillas would win. But, that goes against the Spartans style and SOME Gorillas natural instincts as they would not all charge at the same time and they would not all be fighting the Spartans. Sorry I'm taking the fun out of this but, logically this all-out gorilla charge would not happen.

Using logic for a illogical scenario

Where in this world or old one would there ever be a situation that Leonidas is going to war with 300 silverbacks? :lol:

Like OP said all out war to the death. 300 vs 300 gorillas are kicking *** taking names. Hell they probably keep one spartan to clap dem cheeks for victory.

Now 100 gorillas vs 300 Spartans all day. But evenly matched naw man gorillas running with a full clip

Last edited:

Ok, well technically 300 silverbacks wouldn't be there because they're endangered so let's just scrap the whole thing.......

Using logic for a illogical scenario

Where in this world or old one would there ever be a situation that Leonidas is going to war with 300 silverbacks? :lol:

Like OP said all out war to the death. 300 vs 300 gorillas are kicking *** taking names. Hell they probably keep one spartan to clap dem cheeks for victory.

Now 100 gorillas vs 300 Spartans all day. But evenly matched naw man gorillas running with a full clip

I see your point. I just picture the gorillas behaving like their instinctively suppose to. Still seeing this fight being close but, if the Gorillas are charging at once, they win.

Back
Top Bottom