2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Today's wear. Love this shoe and always think of it as a real underrated GR. Goes perfect today with the attire for Game 1 of the NLDS. Go Dodgers! KERSHGAWD on the hill tonight. 
pimp.gif
Repped. One of my all time favorite dunk lows. Wish I had doubled up when they hit sales.
Classic NES color scheme. A button on one. B button on the other. Start and Select on the heels.
These came out not too long ago and refered to as the NES sbs

What? How is Nike making anything fair? First off, Nike needed skate shops to pump SB and sell it to the skate crowd and gain acceptance in the first place. They tried to enter the market time and time again and failed miserably. They then in turn told shops they would NEVER sell SB outside of shops because shops owners feared that they would do exactly what they're doing now. You think NDC is the only problem?! No, They also sell SB at Nikestores and Niketowns. How is that fair? Most shops don't even control their own orders. I've known shops that were getting shipped a hundred thousand dollars worth of product that didn't make a hundred thousand yearly. So let me get this right, as a shop I have to order so much product and lose money on said product, especially the apparel because rarely does that sell at retail, to get the monthly QS. Then I get to watch you steal customers from me by releasing the QS online in crazy numbers 5 hours before I open my doors (westcoast time) AND I have to compete with a nearby NT or NS?! That's crazy. Nike didn't have a problem when shops were selling SBs WAY OVER box price. Think about that. It's only now that shops are becoming smarter. They understand that that old motto of eat the GR and tax for the QS won't work because of Nike's multiple release point advantage. It's a great business move and if shops like Active Ride Shop had done this they may still be in business today. Ya'll need to think. Nike puts SB on discount and advertises it ALL the time, why can't a shop do the same with product that they rightfully OWN. Don't even get me started on Nike's bull***t buy back program.

I'm not arguing for Nike, I'm just speaking from their point of view.

As far as the "order so much product and lose money" theory... If you can't sell the merchadise, don't order the merchandise.

BUT again, you're missing the actual fine print that Nike said... Shops CAN sell for a discount... Just not ADVERTISE it, I don't get why everyone keeps skipping that fact.

I get what you're saying but why would Nike want to put out an item for MSRP of $110 and on the SAME day have shops putting them out for $80? Tactics dropped the QSs on the same day with discount codes hand. Same thing with the Beijings and Calis.

What? How is Nike making anything fair? First off, Nike needed skate shops to pump SB and sell it to the skate crowd and gain acceptance in the first place. They tried to enter the market time and time again and failed miserably. They then in turn told shops they would NEVER sell SB outside of shops because shops owners feared that they would do exactly what they're doing now. You think NDC is the only problem?! No, They also sell SB at Nikestores and Niketowns. How is that fair? Most shops don't even control their own orders. I've known shops that were getting shipped a hundred thousand dollars worth of product that didn't make a hundred thousand yearly. So let me get this right, as a shop I have to order so much product and lose money on said product, especially the apparel because rarely does that sell at retail, to get the monthly QS. Then I get to watch you steal customers from me by releasing the QS online in crazy numbers 5 hours before I open my doors (westcoast time) AND I have to compete with a nearby NT or NS?! That's crazy. Nike didn't have a problem when shops were selling SBs WAY OVER box price. Think about that. It's only now that shops are becoming smarter. They understand that that old motto of eat the GR and tax for the QS won't work because of Nike's multiple release point advantage. It's a great business move and if shops like Active Ride Shop had done this they may still be in business today. Ya'll need to think. Nike puts SB on discount and advertises it ALL the time, why can't a shop do the same with product that they rightfully OWN. Don't even get me started on Nike's bull***t buy back program.

As far as the "order so much product and lose money" theory... If you can't sell the merchadise, don't order the merchandise.

BUT again, you're missing the actual fine print that Nike said... Shops CAN sell for a discount... Just not ADVERTISE it, I don't get why everyone keeps skipping that fact.

I get what you're saying but why would Nike want to put out an item for MSRP of $110 and on the SAME day have shops putting them out for $80? Tactics dropped the QSs on the same day with discount codes hand. Same thing with the Beijings and Calis.
They don't control the amount of merch they order, Nike won't give them the desired merch if they don't take the whole order is what ppl don't understand. SB's are a small share of the market for Nike which the consumer base was built on local shops and now they are F***ing over the shops that are the reason they have the share of the market they have today. Now they are trying to go direct to consumer and axe out the shops which is completely effed up. Not to mention Nike makes the shoes for 12 dollars and won't allow them to be discounted, Nike is just showcasing it's greed at it's finest.

They don't control the amount of merch they order, Nike won't give them the desired merch if they don't take the whole order is what ppl don't understand. SB's are a small share of the market for Nike which the consumer base was built on local shops and now they are F***ing over the shops that are the reason they have the share of the market they have today. Now they are trying to go direct to consumer and axe out the shops which is completely effed up. Not to mention Nike makes the shoes for 12 dollars and won't allow them to be discounted, Nike is just showcasing it's greed at it's finest.
Man I was waiting for the greed part. The smaller shops need their locals to get rid of the inventory so why not put things on sale after a while? Nike expects them to sell out right? Nike is like the devil in this story but because of their power people stick with them. Thats the way things go unfortunately.

This is how people have gotten around MAP pricing for years
Most who are against it are from places where shorts aren't worn daily. where I'm at its shorts for 9 months out of the year, if I couldn't wear highs with shorts I'd never wear highs at all

True that. Down here in south Florida its shorts 11 months out of the year. We get about 1 week of winter smh

True that. Down here in south Florida its shorts 11 months out of the year. We get about 1 week of winter smh
I envy you. Fall just started here. Misty, cold winds, dark outside. Bye bye shorts and colourful shoes.

Lol, I don't think you get it. Shops aren't ordering most of the merchandise they get. Some of that **** just pops up or is added to their order via their rep because he/she thinks they should push that product. That's why all these Jano/Project BA hybrids are popping up and sitting in shops. Do you honestly think shops want that crap? NO. Dude I know a BUNCH of shops that turned down the Send Help 2s and they still popped up in their shipment and there was nothing the shop could do about it. 2 or 3 FSRs of those.
mean.gif

I didn't miss the fine print, I asked (since you're speaking from their point of view) why would you not allow a shop to advertise product that they rightfully own to be put on sale, if Nike itself does that ALL the time? Multiple outlets, clearance stores and NDC has sales and they advertise all the same SB GRs/OS that sit everywhere else on sale. Why are they allowed to dictate what a shop does with product or how they market a product they rightfully own? SB wasn't concerned in the past when shops were releasing Tiff Highs for 2 or 3 times over box price, if we're worrying about price points. (Just to name a recent release) The company line then was "Once said shop purchases product from us it is theirs to do with what they please" but now you're interested in telling them how to sell something because they're out smarting you and taking what they can get instead of taking a loss?!

I think the bigger question is "Why did Nike tell a bald face lie to skate shops and then go behind their back and sell SB online, at Niketowns, at Nikestores and then try to make back door deals with Zumies and Pacsun plus you're still flirting with D*cks Sporting Goods?" These are all things they said they'd NEVER do because, again, smart skate shop owners feared that they would use them and then cut them out down the road with debt! Why would Nike want to drop at MSRP when shops are dropping the same shoe below MSRP? Well boo-hoo Nike, I feel so bad for you, lol. Smacking release dates on SBs to benefit NOTHING but NDC's release schedule and then dropping them HOURS before any skate shops has a chance to release is grimy in itself. Why do you think shops are dropping with coupon codes? It's the last ditch effort to get customers to buy from them. NDC offers free shipping and in some cases tax free orders. Most shops can't do that. So now they're supposed to just sit their and watch it happen? NO SIR, Nike's in for a fight and I'm sorry, but I'll will be on the side of the shops and I'll continue to blast sale info I get. Nike's greed is on front street for EVERYONE to see with this move, I don't get how you don't see it.

Last edited:

Very well said. I'm sure I'm missing the origin of where this story/info/break came from, but the point is made nonetheless. That's a perspective I've never been privy too, and it certainly makes me want to forge a relationship with my local and continue to buy product through them.

Again, well said, sir.

Dude, I GET where you're coming from. I said that, I was just speaking from their view.

I also agree that the local shops should be able to sell them HOWEVER they see fit seeing that it's THEIR business and they paid for the shoes, that's pointless to argue.

Sorry to anyone here if it's sounds like I'm with Nike on the point, I'm just playing devil's advocate so people can understand from both sides.

I think the easiest thing to do is to advertise "Sale on skateboard sneakers & merchandise" instead of "Sale on Nike SB".

If any of you guys want to petition against Nike and their rules for local shops, I'm all for it.

Or how about the fact that price went up and quality went down. Especially on the inside liner, the older sb's are silky smooth inside, new dunks aren't as comfortable. Even with the highs the upper padding is stiff as hell

Dude, I GET where you're coming from. I said that, I was just speaking from their view.

I also agree that the local shops should be able to sell them HOWEVER they see fit seeing that it's THEIR business and they paid for the shoes, that's pointless to argue.

Sorry to anyone here if it's sounds like I'm with Nike on the point, I'm just playing devil's advocate so people can understand from both sides.

I think the easiest thing to do is to advertise "Sale on skateboard sneakers & merchandise" instead of "Sale on Nike SB".

Simply put Nike is greedy. Its not like theyre making less money this year then they did last year. And by just having SB on their sites theyre making more money cause regardless there are dudes who cant wait or simple just wanna get a pick up out of the way. Fyi I dont think iv ever seen a shop advertise a sale on all SB items its usually says something like sale on all apparel, footwear etc. Or selected footwear/ apparel. There are ads where they state nike SB items excluded. So in conclusion nike is greedy from whatever perspective you look at it.

With that said I rocked my $50 newports today :wink:

Back
Top Bottom