2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Simply put Nike is greedy. Its not like theyre making less money this year then they did last year. And by just having SB on their sites theyre making more money cause regardless there are dudes who cant wait or simple just wanna get a pick up out of the way. Fyi I dont think iv ever seen a shop advertise a sale on all SB items its usually says something like sale on all apparel, footwear etc. Or selected footwear/ apparel. There are ads where they state nike SB items excluded. So in conclusion nike is greedy from whatever perspective you look at it.

With that said I rocked my $50 newports today :wink:

Man at first glance I thought you posted a pic of the ghost highs. But yea that was the best $50 I've spent this year as well lol

@rapcoz2134 I've had those shoes on backburner since they released cause I haven't seen many on foots of them to decide to purchase. They look pretty good in your pic. Think I'll go ahead and take em off my backburner now. haha

Last edited:
Man at first glance I thought you posted a pic of the ghost highs. But yea that was the best $50 I've spent this year as well lol

@rapcoz2134 I've had those shoes on backburner since they released cause I haven't seen many on foots of them to decide to purchase. They look pretty good in your pic. Think I'll go ahead and take em off my backburner now. haha
Man $50 for some ghosts... I would be 1 happy camper XD

New pics of those shields sold me on em. And I conveniently have a Nike voucher coming in the mail!

So no one wants to share something about themself?

Forget y'all too then. LOL.

been a credit analyst for the past 5 yrs at one of the biggest financial institutions in the country

went threw a jordan phase at one point but that is long gone..love the price point and simplicity of SBs

love house music..friends and I have been to festivals in new york, Ibiza, Croatia, Germany, even Detroit

favorite place in the world is Barcelona..def retiring there

been a Yankee fan 4ever

whats the consensus on the upcoming Acapulco Gold Mowabb High?

would they hit local shops? i assume every trying NDC will throw these up aswell

I have one skate shop an 1hr away and they seem to have gotten some size-runs on recent releases but seeing as these are limited i am unsure

I know all we can do is speculate from release to release, just thought id drop by and ask
wack

been a credit analyst for the past 5 yrs at one of the biggest financial institutions in the country

went threw a jordan phase at one point but that is long gone..love the price point and simplicity of SBs

love house music..friends and I have been to festivals in new york, Ibiza, Croatia, Germany, even Detroit

favorite place in the world is Barcelona..def retiring there

been a Yankee fan 4ever

I want to go back to Movement soon, had so much fun in 2013, but discovered I've gotten too old to party at the after party and make it the next day. Flew home a day early.

apologies to bring so much negativity out in the thread, to each their own. the thread seemed friendly enough and just thought id stop by to ask a few Q's about an upcoming release. Being the SB thread figure I could get atleast some information without personal opinion mixing in, I was wrong.

I rarely get intrigued for SB releases nowadays, the last was the unattainable Lance Mountain release; the whole theme/history of that release was well done, which hopefully down the road I'll be able to get

Those are just two opinions your skin is to thin if that's to negative for you

You'll be able to get them they don't have much hype right now no shops have released them yet stick around here or go to your local were anti NDC right now it seems but there will be plenty of shops releasing them in the next few days/weeks

Man F Nike SBs business practices..

I'm glad I just returned my beijings to NDC.

Sitting out all SB releases for the time being. Now I'm starting to remember why I walked away from this garbage back in 2009, when SB was starving. Now they're gettin it again and they're twisting the arm of their retailers? Nah, I'm good. Watched my local shop get jacked around by Nike and the owner finally dropped the account. Apparently it wasn't enough that the core shops couldn't sell through a boatload of stock, Nike has to make it tough even for the shops that are selling their stock well- at a compromised discount. I'm sure no one will back down and Nike will swindle junk grade GRs for $100+, but not on me.

Last edited:
Nike SB wasn't starving in 2009

A couple months of high horse morality isn't gonna show Nike if you feel so compelled to stand up for what you believe in

You need to walk away altogether and sell all your Nike gear and move to another brand

And let's be honest; we know that's not happening

2009 was when every release was sitting at my local in FSR. They definitely weren't getting it in my area.

I'm not the problem consumer anyways, it's the dudes who triple up on every release, spend over retail, etc. Those are the ones who give Nike the power to do what they do. Like how many black dunks does a person need. A person who don't even skate mind you.

Idk, just sick of Nike and yeah, I've scaled back tremendously. Not to the point of selling something I own and enjoy, but passing on dozens of models week after week, yes. Every dollar I don't give them is a dollar they don't get.

Last edited:
I want to go back to Movement soon, had so much fun in 2013, but discovered I've gotten too old to party at the after party and make it the next day. Flew home a day early.

I still call it DEMF lol

haven't been since 2011..u gotta check out SONAR fest in Barcelona..AMAZEEE

Last edited:
that is on my list, also would love to go to I [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ techno.

In fact and to bring this back to dunks, I think it'd be dope to get a series of dunks that pulled colors from the 808, 909, and 303.

I'm not the problem consumer anyways, it's the dudes who triple up on every release, spend over retail, etc. Those are the ones who give Nike the power to do what they do. Like how many black dunks does a person need. A person who don't even skate mind you.
i don't skate, but i respect the sport tremendously. i have always loved shoes, and Nike SB has always held a special place in my heart (along with Jordan's). Yeah I've made a few purchases (well above retail), and i have tripled on a few releases (all three AJ1xSB, and QS), but i wouldn't say that makes someone like me the problem.

The problem is the reseller who, in cases like the LM's, are really the only resource for someone like me... because i don't have time to wait 3 days in front of a store for a shoe (and online is usually a bust when it comes to quickstrikes for me).

The resell market seems to be taking a hit lately (unless they're selling to me :rofl:)... I can understand if you're making $150-$200 above retail, but it seems that people are willing to take $30-$40 above retail.. That makes me think that most of these "resellers" are either youngin's or they live somewhere that doesn't have sales tax..

..done rambling. happy Saturday, fam!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom