2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

lol true indeed :tongue:

But it is that....they're throwing THEIR power out there and telling shops what they can or can not do. Nike could list their shoes for whatever they want......but they want to make as much money as they can on a pair of shoes. Why else would they not discount a shoe that's been sitting on their site until after their "EOS" sales? Cause at that point they HAVE to move them unlike when local shops move inventory to move product for future inventory.

Make as much money as they can? It's not like Nike has SBs starting off at $160. LOL.

They could EASILY match the price to the $200 range and people would still buy because their love for SB and the quality.

I understand that some shops will have trouble moving them if they're not discounted, but that's not Nike's problem. Nike partners with skate shops with the thinking that they are able the sell their product, so if they're not able to sell NIke's product maybe they don't need a SB account (not being rude or mean but just saying).

Again, I feel the reason skate shops throw discounts is because they know other skate shops will and they follow the trend. Also because WE have been spoiled enough to know if we wait, then we'll catch a discount. If prices remained MSRP throughout all sellers, we would STILL buy the shoe and everyone would win... consumer, locals, Nike.

All Nike is trying to do is make it a fair playing field for all parties, not a competition of who can get their pairs off the fastest.

dang, I didn't know my post would spark a debate

2 things come to mind

#1 maybe a way for SB shops to get around that possible new rule is to have a button that says "add to cart to see sale price". I've encountered some websites that do this practice

That would be advertising it's discount before adding to cart though, no?

they're just.. so nice.

patience.

See, perfect point.

@MakeSomeRice wants the shoe, but know that eventually some skate shop will discount to get their pairs off first.

That's exactly what Nike doesn't want.
Ya know the more I think about it, the more I believe the problem stems from Nike's desire to turn SB's into a JB. That doesn't happen with Jordans because there aren't the SB skate shops equivalent for Jordan. All hot shoes sell out instantly, no need to ever go on sale. The stuff that doesn't sell eventually dies on Nike's website and goes to outlets. 

Well then Nike needs to start producing bangers time after time that WILL sell out.

If that's your line of thinking.

LOL, now that's a different topic.
I agree with you though.

They're pumping a lot of SBs out there just because.

Ya know the more I think about it, the more I believe the problem stems from Nike's desire to turn SB's into a JB. That doesn't happen with Jordans because there aren't the SB skate shops equivalent for Jordan. All hot shoes sell out instantly, no need to ever go on sale. The stuff that doesn't sell eventually dies on Nike's website and goes to outlets. 

Now THIS I completely agree with!

Now THIS I completely agree with!
It's funny though cuz I never thought about it like that but I think someone in here mentioned it earlier. Just didn't click with my brain until I saw your post. If the problem is that Nike doesn't want the people to know they can wait for a sale, then they're trying to push JB-style hype.

dang, I didn't know my post would spark a debate

2 things come to mind

#1 maybe a way for SB shops to get around that possible new rule is to have a button that says "add to cart to see sale price". I've encountered some websites that do this practice

That would be advertising it's discount before adding to cart though, no?

This is how people have gotten around MAP pricing for years

I wear high tops and shorts all the time I don't see the issue

Most who are against it are from places where shorts aren't worn daily. where I'm at its shorts for 9 months out of the year, if I couldn't wear highs with shorts I'd never wear highs at all

Last edited:
^^^ got ya I get to wear shorts I'd say4-5 months a year but I deff like highs with shorts so u can see the whole shoe for what it is

Again, I feel the reason skate shops throw discounts is because they know other skate shops will and they follow the trend. Also because WE have been spoiled enough to know if we wait, then we'll catch a discount. If prices remained MSRP throughout all sellers, we would STILL buy the shoe and everyone would win... consumer, locals, Nike.

All Nike is trying to do is make it a fair playing field for all parties, not a competition of who can get their pairs off the fastest.
What? How is Nike making anything fair? First off, Nike needed skate shops to pump SB and sell it to the skate crowd and gain acceptance in the first place. They tried to enter the market time and time again and failed miserably. They then in turn told shops they would NEVER sell SB outside of shops because shops owners feared that they would do exactly what they're doing now. You think NDC is the only problem?! No, They also sell SB at Nikestores and Niketowns. How is that fair? Most shops don't even control their own orders. I've known shops that were getting shipped a hundred thousand dollars worth of product that didn't make a hundred thousand yearly. So let me get this right, as a shop I have to order so much product and lose money on said product, especially the apparel because rarely does that sell at retail, to get the monthly QS. Then I get to watch you steal customers from me by releasing the QS online in crazy numbers 5 hours before I open my doors (westcoast time) AND I have to compete with a nearby NT or NS?! That's crazy. Nike didn't have a problem when shops were selling SBs WAY OVER box price. Think about that. It's only now that shops are becoming smarter. They understand that that old motto of eat the GR and tax for the QS won't work because of Nike's multiple release point advantage. It's a great business move and if shops like Active Ride Shop had done this they may still be in business today. Ya'll need to think. Nike puts SB on discount and advertises it ALL the time, why can't a shop do the same with product that they rightfully OWN. Don't even get me started on Nike's bull***t buy back program.

Last edited:

What? How is Nike making anything fair? First off, Nike needed skate shops to pump SB and sell it to the skate crowd and gain acceptance in the first place. They tried to enter the market time and time again and failed miserably. They then in turn told shops they would NEVER sell SB outside of shops because shops owners feared that they would do exactly what they're doing now. You think NDC is the only problem?! No, They also sell SB at Nikestores and Niketowns. How is that fair? Most shops don't even control their own orders. I've known shops that were getting shipped a hundred thousand dollars worth of product that didn't make a hundred thousand yearly. So let me get this right, as a shop I have to order so much product and lose money on said product, especially the apparel because rarely does that sell at retail, to get the monthly QS. Then I get to watch you steal customers from me by releasing the QS online in crazy numbers 5 hours before I open my doors (westcoast time) AND I have to compete with a nearby NT or NS?! That's crazy. Nike didn't have a problem when shops were selling SBs WAY OVER box price. Think about that. It's only now that shops are becoming smarter. They understand that that old motto of eat the GR and tax for the QS won't work because of Nike's multiple release point advantage. It's a great business move and if shops like Active Ride Shop had done this they may still be in business today. Ya'll need to think. Nike puts SB on discount and advertises it ALL the time, why can't a shop do the same with product that they rightfully OWN. Don't even get me started on Nike's bull***t buy back program.
I applaud to the context written here.

Back
Top Bottom