2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Almost every current skate shoe on the market is now slimmed down (except brands like globe & es) I think they're just moving in the same direction I wish they'd just continue with two different models tho, maybe they will and rename the fat tongued dunks something else

Yep eS has a slimmed down accel now but they did as you mentioned by having both OG accel and the new slim one. I know when the iws first came along they were still releasing both regular sb dunks and iw dunks. But now it's pretty much stage set to where we only see "fat" dunks if it's QR.

True! Sad because I was hoping that they would do another version in those same colors, as well as the other boxes that they left out. 
Do you know why they decided to stop at the black box? 

On another note does anyone know why the retail was at 120$ for the pink box lows and will be 130$ for the black boxes? I know that they are considered "elite" but do they actually have anything different from regular SB's (Materials, extra tech...) that could justify that price hike? 

My guess is because those were the golden years for Nike SB. Most dunks from those box eras are considered high up on the dunk chain and for good reason lol They should have added the gold box era though.
With that said I'm not taking anything away from blue box era up to now. They all have some gems. But yeah golden years haha

Last edited:
they should reconsider continuing the box series

seems to have brought some excitement to dunks (just to turn people away with the slimmed GRs)

I'm just over here waiting on these...

Nike ended the year with the box series bang, it was like their last hoorah before killing the brand off hard . I noticed that they're retroing oldies as the slim modeled dunks in an attempt to get us to buy them . It may have worked for the sea crystal lows , and it might even work for the loden highs, but I don't think their slim retro plan is gonna last forever . Its a poor attempt to ease us into the slim-dunk era and it's hardly working . I guess keeping QS releases with padding is their attempt to make them more special but I mean did they really need to change the dunks like this entirely? Definitely not. It just seems so wrong to me . And on top of this , they're gonna stop shop collabs after blacksheeps release in January . smh . If those Forbes retro wind up becoming a slim-dunk I will literally shed a tear

How's are the valentine's day dunks in person? Im curious what the quality is like as they could be relatively had for cheap.

Last edited:
I've heard that they're doing six QS releases this year, and all six will be available only in shops, not on NDC and not on any shop's site.

If they brought back creativity and good materials and craftsmanship, I'd be all in.

If they brought back creativity and good materials and craftsmanship, I'd be all in.

Since I've recently moved I don't necessariliy have a local skate shop I know about. So the in shop only thing could pose a potential problem for me. If some skaters would actually come to the skatepark when I'm there I'll likely try to see if they know a local shop nearby. lol

volksnuts volksnuts Any chance you know of any shops in Humble?

Last edited:
@volksnuts Any chance you know of any shops in Humble?
don't know of anything up that way, I was thinking you moved somewhere else

Shannon's would still be considered your local

There is nothing near Katy.... it's what we get for being in the outskirts.... though I am still stoked Southside moved closer to me

don't know of anything up that way, I was thinking you moved somewhere else
Shannon's would still be considered your local

There is nothing near Katy.... it's what we get for being in the outskirts.... though I am still stoked Southside moved closer to me

Yeah I've already made the drive back to shannons a few times since I moved. I suppose it's not too bad a drive. I think I just got spoiled being a 10 minute drive down the street from there the past 3 years. I actually went to southside a couple weekends ago mostly to skate. They are some good people though :smokin

Last edited:
I guess I'm thinking about the shops too

I think the perfect balance would be to have the shops get the shoes a good two weeks before any NDC drops

And now that I think of it, shop only releases are going to be tough on the shops because it would be 3X or 4X  the inventory to move...... Nike is still going to make enough pairs

The phone order game will be strong if that happens

I guess I'm thinking about the shops too

I think the perfect balance would be to have the shops get the shoes a good two weeks before any NDC drops

And now that I think of it, shop only releases are going to be tough on the shops because it would be 3X or 4X  the inventory to move...... Nike is still going to make enough pairs

The phone order game will be strong if that happens
Totally agree. If they allow phone orders then that's a whole other game that I'm very cool with. Especially knowing that @John00  always keeps us laced with the ill-type-phone-digit game. Another scenario I would appreciate is only letting shops sell, but allow them to sell online if they wish.

Quick question for you guys. Do the recently remastered BTTYS dunks fit the same as SB's or should I half size down like I do with my AF1's?

How you guys think the hunger is gonna be for black boxes release day ? I showed up to cowtown an hour or 2 early for all 3 so far and no line so part of me thinks this will be similar but don't wanna miss em so bahhh I'll prob show up early again lol

Back
Top Bottom