2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I was lucky to get the dunks for $80 shipped on eBay a couple months ago from a power seller who had a bunch of sz 14 and 15 only. Love them, suede is amazing and I'm a sucker for gum soles.
I really liked the Navy ones but I might settle on the new black/gum bottom Air Max's, I need something to take on vacation.

What's the back story on those dudes? I've heard about them but no solid details.

My knowledge of what goes in on in "General" is limited. It seems that JRose was just a racist, not a scammer. So, I got that one mixed up. He got caught making some really uncool remarks.

Rock Deep did the classic scam thing. Got people to send him money for an upcoming release or something and then never sent the shoes and kept the money.

What made this one permanent part of NT lore was when he essentially gloated about it and posted a pic of himself holding a sneaker and gun.

Rock Deep actually did the opposite. Dude received the Lebrons and never paid the guy for them. The guy that was looking out, sent the shoes before having the money in hand because he trusted Rock. Rock made claims that his secretary sent out the MO, but dude never received it. Back and forth ensued, and then the pic happened. Rock was never banned. Meth and co are either scared of him (idk why) or he has something over their heads.

1. I've never been scammed (knock on wood)

2. Grimey? I stole a pair of Chris Webbers (Air Max Sensation) out of Sport Authority when I came down to Florida to visit some family before I moved here for good. Also, when I was in my late teens and early 20's I hustled some trees here and there for some extra $$, I guess you can consider that grimey (should be legalized anyway IMO)

3 Growing up my mother would have a price limit for me usually around 80$, and I maybe got two pairs throughout the school year and summer. When I turned 14 I was able to get a little part time, so I was able to save and got what I wanted. There was no such thing as camping and many kicks sat on the shelf.

4. IF/When I have kids, I'd definitely have limits and try to instill a work ethic in him/her. If he/she wants multiple a month then they'll definitely have to get a job because we all know it's an expensive hobby to maintain and that's the only way you'll learn to appreciate the 'value of a dollar'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rock Deep actually did the opposite. Dude received the Lebrons and never paid the guy for them. The guy that was looking out, sent the shoes before having the money in hand because he trusted Rock. Rock made claims that his secretary sent out the MO, but dude never received it. Back and forth ensued, and then the pic happened. Rock was never banned. Meth and co are either scared of him (idk why) or he has something over their heads.

Thanks for setting the story correct. I had tried to find the original thread to refresh my memory, but came up empty.

Last I knew, Rockdeep was posting under the name "Nikedealer" or something.

Last edited:
A lil late. What I wore yesterday... Paid $110 shipped for 'em, very nice condition; couple small scuffs on the midsole that I hit with a magic eraser, but everything else was on point.

Kept it gooey earlier today.....
Damn, that pic makes those look 100 times tougher. I was looking at a used pair in VNDS condition for the low, but decided to pass. This has me thinking differently. Repped
$150 for Concords?
mean.gif

Sorry but majority of the people in this thread have no intentions on dealing with skate shops that like to charge ridiculous prices regardless of hype
Maybe dude has ulterior/nefarious motives, but it just seemed to me like he was offering to help out in any way he could. No beef, this just seemed a lil harsh to a newcomer trying to be helpful.

I am back on the West Coast and glad to be back. On the verge of this great purchase today. Will share it on the thread. Happy Mother's Day to everyone's mom. Go out and spend time with them!

Wearing these today...

Enjoy!

Damn, that pic makes those look 100 times tougher. I was looking at a used pair in VNDS condition for the low, but decided to pass. This has me thinking differently. Repped
Maybe dude has ulterior/nefarious motives, but it just seemed to me like he was offering to help out in any way he could. No beef, this just seemed a lil harsh to a newcomer trying to be helpful.

I agree. It seems like he just works at the shop - it's not like he sets the prices. He seemed like he was trying to help. So, I'm inclined to cut him some slack.
I am back on the West Coast and glad to be back. On the verge of this great purchase today. Will share it on the thread. Happy Mother's Day to everyone's mom. Go out and spend time with them!

Wearing these today...

Enjoy!

Nice wear!

A lil late. What I wore yesterday... Paid $110 shipped for 'em, very nice condition; couple small scuffs on the midsole that I hit with a magic eraser, but everything else was on point.
I sold mine a little over a year ago for that price... do these happen to be a size 10?

Looking good nonetheless, repped

Last edited:
3 Growing up my mother would have a price limit for me usually around 80$, and I maybe got two pairs throughout the school year and summer. When I turned 14 I was able to get a little part time, so I was able to save and got what I wanted. There was no such thing as camping and many kicks sat on the shelf.

4. IF/When I have kids, I'd definitely have limits and try to instill a work ethic in him/her. If he/she wants multiple a month then they'll definitely have to get a job because we all know it's an expensive hobby to maintain and that's the only way you'll learn to appreciate the 'value of a dollar'.
these two responses mirror my childhood and future w children perfectly.

as a kid i never really got many sneakers.  buying high dollar shoes was out of the question...until i got my own job then it was game time!

I saw that video too. I'm guessing dude wasn't a subscriber, because Hes is one of the coolest, most laid-back guys in the sneaker game, and you'd have to be a cold-hearted d-bag to want to rob Hes. However, I was surprised that someone like him, with that much experience with copping kicks, would fall for such a simple okie-doke like that one. Gift payments is one of the biggest no-no's in the game; you just don't do it, unless you trust that person implicitly. On to the questions (sorry guys, this is gonna be a long one!).

Question 1: Never been scammed, before I took a hiatus from the "game", or afterwards, fortunately. I've always been very careful with making online purchases (vetting the seller as much as possible, asking questions about condition (if used), making sure to get detailed invoices - no "shoes" as the description, and as a seller, only shipping to confirmed addresses, and never taking gift payments or making them). In regards to in-person meetups, everything has been good, largely because I am also extremely careful; I always meet at indoor, public places (Starbucks is my main spot), during the daytime, and always with "protection" (not saying everyone should do this; I am a responsible adult who, thankfully, has never had to pull my weapon; and believe me, I've been in a few situations where a less-composed person might have). I sit in a position where I can see the person pulling up (of course, I ask what they're driving before they pull up; I don't ask if they're coming by themselves because I imagine that might weird some people out), just to see the person(s) I'm dealing with. There's never been a situation where I felt uncomfortable (i.e. several people showing up, looking like they might have unpleasant motives), but if there was, I would just leave. I'm not trying to get into altercations at my age; maybe if this was 10 years ago, but those days are gone. When the meeting goes down, I let the customer see the shoes. Keyword: see. I'll let them hold one shoe at a time, but never let them hold both shoes, or hold the shoebox with the shoes in it. It's that simple. Just to be on the safe side. Some people might say "don't be scurred", but the thing is, I'm not doing that for my safety; if anything, it's for the other party's safety. Like I said, I'm not trying to get into altercations. I get in, and get out. After letting them see the shoes, I make sure to get the money FIRST before letting them have the shoes. Once you've let them see the shoes, it's on them to let you see the money.  Show the shoes, get the cash and give the shoes, and that's it. If you follow those tips, things will go smoothly (for the most part; nothing is guaranteed).

Question 2: Selling drugs (mainly weed) during high school (no pun intended). I've never had to, nor would I ever, rob someone for sneakers/sneaker money. Do I regret it? I didn't think so at first, but after thinking about it for a minute while typing this, I have to say I do; while weed isn't physically harmful in any significant way, it saps the motivation right out of you, especially at that age, and it was probably the main reason why I applied myself very little during that time; the fact that I graduated on time was a miracle. 

Question 3: Ever since I can remember (2nd grade is where my memories start; I have brief flashes here and there of moments before then, but for the most part, my conscious memory starts at 2nd grade), I was into shoes. Shoes, comic books, sports cards, video games, and sports was all I knew back then. Growing up, my mom was able to provide for us pretty well; not like kids in West LA or anything like that, but nice enough, for the most part (something which I'm still very thankful for; happy mothers day, moms of the world!). My mom always bought me and my bro a pair before the new school year, and usually another pair at the half-way point. I would sometimes get another pair at some point during the year, due to getting really good grades or, mostly, my mom making up for "disciplining" me and feeling bad about it. You see, I'm Korean; Korean parents beat the ish out of their kids, but they call it "disciplining" their kids. My mom would go at my older bro and me (mostly me though; I was the "bad" one) in the basement whenever we messed up, but she'd always feel bad about it, and would take us to the mall or Toys R Us afterwards. I'd always try to get new shoes, as that was my favorite thing in the world. Usually, it'd be more along the lines of Ninja Turtles figures or a couple packs of basketball cards, but sometimes I'd get lucky. I see a lot of people that say their parents would never get them Air Jordans because they were too expensive, but I guess I was lucky in that sense; those were my favorites growing up. A lot of times, I would make my brother get a pair of Jordans too, just so I could wear his shoes sometimes too (he was older, but I was always more the "older" brother). When his foot started getting bigger than mine and I couldn't fit his shoes anymore, it was a sad, sad time for me (Hare 7s are ones in particular that I remember not being able to fit; thankfully I was able to get a pair last year for the collection). Being that I'm an 80s baby, nobody was camping out for shoes back then. My aunt went to pick up a pair of Concords for me when they originally dropped, due to me having the flu and not being able to go myself, and the fact that she had to line up for them was unheard of at the time. Thinking that parents would line up to buy shoes for their kids nowadays for anything longer than an hour is absurd to me; my mom would've laughed if I asked her to line up for some sneakers; when she realized I was serious, she would've slapped me. Thankfully, as mentioned above, mom dukes bought me Air Jordans. Not to say that she would buy me any shoe; when the prices on Air Jordans/Nikes started rising, there were a couple times that she nixed buying a shoe for me due to the price. Sometimes she would fluctuate on what she would be willing to buy me; in retrospect, that probably was due to her financial situation being unstable at the time; some years business would be great, others not so great.

Question 4: I'd let them be a sneakerhead, although I would always make sure they were safe in whatever they were doing, and I would instill the importance of buying what you like, not following hype, taking care of your things, etc. I'd let my kids do whatever they wanted to do, as long as it wasn't harmful to them in any way, shape or form. Period.

Lol
A lot of regulars in here talking about buying used shoes and how some of you wouldn't buy it and you would rather wait for a DS pair to drop for the right price.

IMO, If I see a older cw that I've always wanted and it's used but still in excellent condition (and the price is great) I always go for it.

Once I get the shoes, I scrub them down with the ole toothbrush, water and laundry detergent. And then I take the insoles out and spray them with Lysol (as well as the inners of the shoe) and I scrub the insoles with a kitchen rag. I let the Lysol marinate for about an hour and I'm all good to go.:smokin

But one time I bought a used pair of blue jpacks in great condition for about $70, when I got home and opened up the box, this damn stench of cool ranch doritos hit me in the damn face. The previous owner had some stank feet. :x So I disinfected the inners of the shoe Lysol, Clorox and shoe freshener. And I went to my closest goodwill and I donated the shoes.
lol great tips I see nothing wrong buying 9/10 condition never thought to lysol em down but will from now on

How's Kinetic Skateboarding? I see they ship via UPS, but do they double box/ship in a bag/etc? I was thinking about copping the Sequoias from them.

Koziks are def underrated. Got mine last year as a consolation purchase after striking out on the Nontourages lol

Back
Top Bottom