2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
So I guess Jordan was gonna win 8 straight? :lol: Look, history made itself. If one mans absence would’ve prevented 2 rockets championships, then why didn’t the Bulls advance to the finals during the ‘94-‘95 playoffs when Jordan returned? lamekilla lamekilla

C’mon G :lol: you know exactly what’s up. How about Mike hadn’t played an NBA game in a year in a half before coming back to the NBA with ~20 games left until the Playoffs. Mike wasn’t even in mid season form. Mike played the full season the next year and swept the Magic just like the Rockets did and went on to win the ‘ship. Only difference is Nick Anderson missing freethrows didn’t lead to his sweep of Orlando. Come to think of it, where were the Rockets during the ‘95-‘96 season? Getting swept by the Sonics in the Semis. Oh. Guess who Mike got his 4th ring on.... oh.

2 pairs of these and an authentic screen printed bulls jersey would be dope to have for next spring.

They have some creasing, but not bad at all. The plastic piece on the straps is a little scratched, but didn’t break after a couple wears like my orange blaze did back when i first got them. Some of the Durabuck rubbed off on the strap a little bit, but it’s Durabuck so i expected that. Paint doesn’t peel like 2007 8s either
5BE737B9-0CCE-447A-BCF7-F88AE450597C.jpeg
31A45864-ED72-48B9-AF37-190A3082E7B9.jpeg
image.jpg
B388B7FE-7214-44C0-9AA0-7C319AC98110.jpeg

hows the shape of the toebox. stee toe or slanted and aerodynamic? really thinking of grabbing a pair miss my 07’s

Last edited:
I’m also a big fan of A Different World, I went to school right where the filmed the real life campus scenes. Seeing Dwayne rock the Infrared 6s was so dope to me. He had pretty much every Jordan up to 7. Watching A different world in 2013/14 influenced me to start buying Jays again
Same here, he stayed in Jordans. He even had the Aqua 8s in a few episodes too. If any character deserved their own Jordan, its him.
Will Smith rocked the Infrared 6s a lot during the 1991-92 season of Fresh Prince.

For younger NT’ers, who don’t necessarily have a tie to MJ/Bulls, what does this shoe mean to you? What drew you to the colorway?

For me, I liked the aesthetic primarily. It’s one of the most wearable and versatile jays period. To me, it’s better for streetwear than most Jordans. I like the lace lock, especially on the bottom lace.
Also, after buying and getting rid of the 2000 pair in 2011, and getting scammed for my 2014 pair, I’ve needed to get a pair made as nicely as those back.

Wait, how old are you? You said in the Jordan 11 thread you fully indulged in the sneaker hobby in 2006. Are you 24 or 25 (1993-1994). Something isn't adding up right.

C’mon G :lol: you know exactly what’s up. How about Mike hadn’t played an NBA game in a year in a half before coming back to the NBA with ~20 games left until the Playoffs. Mike wasn’t even in mid season form. Mike played the full season the next year and swept the Magic just like the Rockets did and went on to win the ‘ship. Only difference is Nick Anderson missing freethrows didn’t lead to his sweep of Orlando. Come to think of it, where were the Rockets during the ‘95-‘96 season? Getting swept by the Sonics in the Semis. Oh. Guess who Mike got his 4th ring on.... oh.
Only difference was not Nick Anderson missing free throws. Bulls added Rodman. That shouldn't be overlooked

Only difference was not Nick Anderson missing free throws. Bulls added Rodman. That shouldn't be overlooked
Everybody forgets it was Horace Grant who killed the bulls in 95, MJ wasn’t as great as he normally was, but he still averaged 30. I would have loved to see a bulls rockets final, but the rockets always struggled with the Sonics it seemed.

I’m just hoping I don’t get my hopes up like I did for the “free throw line 3’s” only to wait fo release day and find they’re super limited....
Man was I uuupset....

I really hope the real pairs that we’re getting aren’t like the pairs in the pictures were seeing. If so, JB/Nike are trolling at maximum levels in my opinion, or this could be Gentry finally back at the round. I’ve had the OG,s and 2000,s, and the materials on these are closer to the last couple of horrible retros they’ve recently released, which I’ve passed on. The only deference between these and the last release, is that the nubuck on this version is a little darker just to fool your eyesight into believing that these are durabuck, which it isn’t.

Hopefully the release pairs will have the same materials as the last Black/Metallic 5,s had on them. If not, this release is a slap in the face to the OG,s and 2000,s. I thought we where getting a 2000 version with 3m this go around. But it looks like we’re getting the 2014 retro with NA on the back and with a darker and shorter nubuck suede material on it. Everybody in here keeps saying how good they look because of the thirst every one has for the colorway. These are no different from the last release, except it has NA with darker material.

I hope they don’t troll us like that and give us a darker suede nubuck on it. There shouldn’t be any excuses this go around, because they put durabuck on the last blk/metallic 5 release, unless if they’re back at it with the Gentry trifecta, lol. We might not be getting a proper black/infrared 6 release with durabuck after all these years since 2000, that’s really crazy to think about.

I take back some of what I said because on page 67 it looks like Durabuck on the new release, but on some other pictures the material looks straight nubuck, just darker. I wonder which version were getting since these pictures have different versions of them in them.

I’m 25. What’s not adding up?

Ok, so I was right. I would have thought you being around my age (23) you would have been introduced to Air Jordans (or Michael Jordan in general) from your father, uncle, or even mother. I'm guessing Kanye was your introduction into them.

Back
Top Bottom