2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Lovely man. The 6s man, the 6s. Imagine being 10 when these dropped, you got a stash spot in the tongue basically, and two holes to put the shoe on, and you got a clear sole? Are you serious? I know my mother has some pictures with me wearing these. This wa fifth grade for me, I remember at the time my best friend was big enough to have adult shoe but I was still GS (I think adult sizes were smaller back then I forget). I remember being jealous cause the adult sizes looked better.
Lol I was in the 3rd.I got Carmine’s for Christmas my younger brother got the black/infrareds, that was both of our first Jordan’s. I honesty didn’t even think it was a big deal until I got back to school after winter break and all of the other kids saw my kicks and lost it. And that’s the story of how I got hooked smh.

Lol I was in the 3rd.I got Carmine’s for Christmas my younger brother got the black/infrareds, that was both of our first Jordan’s. I honesty didn’t even think it was a big deal until I got back to school after winter break and all of the other kids saw my kicks and lost it. And that’s the story of how I got hooked smh.

This is a total nerd thing to say, but that timeline doesn’t make sense to me. If you got those for Christmas 91, they had been out for a minute, and your brother’s black/infrareds had been out almost a year. At that point the 7s were only two months away.

This is a total nerd thing to say, but that timeline doesn’t make sense to me. If you got those for Christmas 91, they had been out for a minute, and your brother’s black/infrareds had been out almost a year. At that point the 7s were only two months away.
Sale rack homie, we wasn’t rich. VII’s were already out or about to drop. Shoes didn’t sell out like that back in the day.

To be honest it didn't matter back then, at least not when I was going to school. I remember someone picking up a fresh pair of black infrared 6's in early 1992 and everyone including myself still being in awe of them. There's a reason we all sweat these shoes 28 years later, they were never not hot. This flik of Ed Lover rocking' the Maroon 6 while the Jordan 8 was already out lets you know just how legendary the 6 really is.

gettyimages-117937089-1024x1024.jpg

All good. I know what it was like, I was there. It was just the part about kids losing their minds when they saw them that threw me off. But I know they weren’t affordable for everyone and common everywhere. Plus I glossed over the part about third grade. I’m guessing they were even less common on the feet of 8-9 year olds than high schoolers like me at the time.

Ye
All good. I know what it was like, I was there. It was just the part about kids losing their minds when they saw them that threw me off. But I know they weren’t affordable for everyone and common everywhere. Plus I glossed over the part about third grade. I’m guessing they were even less common on the feet of 8-9 year olds than high schoolers like me at the time.
yeah if you had Jordans period it was a big deal. I didn’t realize it until I had a pair. I was still into kid stuff.

Ive been thinking about snagging a pair of aquas all day. Then that pic shows up.
How did the remaster hold up over time? Does anybody wear theirs? I feel like itd be a warmer shoe for the winter....Yeah Im doing it. The only other remaster classic I dont have is the bc3 and Im still too bitter about those to cop.

My future official line up should be numerous 1s, wc4s, bm5s, infra 6, bordeaux7, aqua 8s, sj/concord11s. If the charcoal 7 ever drops, the bords will be swapped out. And most likely wc4s for bc4s.

These are all I could ever need on my shelf and most likely plenty of shoes to last until i stop caring about this.

Last edited:
The next round of classics they retro might be further from the OGs or closer to them in reproduction. If theyre closer thats the only way id ever consider copping these things again.

Im probably not the only one thinking this, and they know it. So Id say theres an extremely high chance that they go all in on making these shoes exactly how theyre supposed to look in the future.

Ive been thinking about snagging a pair of aquas all day. Then that pic shows up.
How did the remaster hold up over time? Does anybody wear theirs? I feel like itd be a warmer shoe for the winter....Yeah Im doing it. The only other remaster classic I dont have is the bc3 and Im still too bitter about those to cop.

My future official line up should be numerous 1s, wc4s, bm5s, infra 6, bordeaux7, aqua 8s, sj/concord11s. If the charcoal 7 ever drops, the bords will be swapped out. And most likely wc4s for bc4s.

These are all I could ever need on my shelf and most likely plenty of shoes to last until i stop caring about this.
They hold up great! I’ve worn mine plenty since 2015. Def are better than the 8s from 2007(the only 8s I can compare to).

All right guys, can we keep the mortgage talk out. I let it go for a little hoping it would die down but now it’s starting to derail the thread. There’s plenty of threads in general forum if you’d like to continue.

Pics are looking nice. It’s going to be nice to have a wearable pair with NA on them :pimp: I have a pair from the pack but it’s just not the same.
Bbbbbut duke was about to miss out on these masterpieces because the bank had him thinking his loan would fall through if he copped. It was our duty to make things right :lol:

nice. pics would be epic
They have some creasing, but not bad at all. The plastic piece on the straps is a little scratched, but didn’t break after a couple wears like my orange blaze did back when i first got them. Some of the Durabuck rubbed off on the strap a little bit, but it’s Durabuck so i expected that. Paint doesn’t peel like 2007 8s either
5BE737B9-0CCE-447A-BCF7-F88AE450597C.jpeg
31A45864-ED72-48B9-AF37-190A3082E7B9.jpeg
image.jpg
B388B7FE-7214-44C0-9AA0-7C319AC98110.jpeg

That reminds me, my 2014 Black Infrared pair’s pods(as flat as they were) got scuffed up. With the new pair being Durabuck and being bigger, I’m sure they’ll get scuffed up or worn off just like the 8s strap.

They have some creasing, but not bad at all. The plastic piece on the straps is a little scratched, but didn’t break after a couple wears like my orange blaze did back when i first got them. Some of the Durabuck rubbed off on the strap a little bit, but it’s Durabuck so i expected that. Paint doesn’t peel like 2007 8s either
image.jpg

I have to show some respect for wearing your shoes, maybe next some on foot photos:nthat:

Though if you're out of line I have to bring you back to reality:wink:

image.jpg
the embossed air jordan was a bad design choice. I feel like thats the first area to start failing with the nubuck everytime, then it just goes from there. It doesnt even look that cool to begin with. I always thought that one part was the corniest part of the shoe. Now that its on my mind i might smash it flatter for a few days with a vice or something when i get my pair to hold that wear off longer. I want to flatten my bm5s tongues too.

Thanks for the pics, they look like they hold up really well. Classics.

I have a pair of Varaity Red in pretty much DS conditions but that won't stop me from purchasing 3 pairs (one for godson) of the 2019s

Back
Top Bottom