2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Your asking why would these be nubuck? Because JB/Nike are known to troll like that. Plus in some of these recent pictures, certain early versions look more like a darker version of nubuck compared to durabuck. Like some one said previously, someone pictures look nubuck while others look durabuck. That’s why we need official pictures, instead of all these random early pictures showing different versions of materials we might not get on it. Look at the pictures on page 67, then compare them to other pictures, the materials look different on some pictures.

Ok, so I was right. I would have thought you being around my age (23) you would have been introduced to Air Jordans (or Michael Jordan in general) from your father, uncle, or even mother. I'm guessing Kanye was your introduction into them.
Not exactly, my mother and step dad introduced me to mj in the late 90s because they were fans. One of my childhood friends had the Bred 13 in 98/99. My baby sister had the navy low 13. My first pair was in 2003 with the 17 lows, my mom and step dad had matching black/Royal 18s. MJ was still at the forefront of pop culture during this time, so it’s unlikely a kid in the late 90s/ early 2000s didn’t know about him. I knew about MJ and Jays, but didn’t start really caring about shoes until around the dub zero and military 4s. In 2007, I became obsessed with 8s, and the Aqua 8 happened to be the best looking to me. This was around the Graduation era, and I eventually found out Kanye was a fan of these, which made me appreciate them more.

Last edited:
Not exactly, my mother and step dad introduced me to mj in the late 90s because they were fans. One of my childhood friends had the Bred 13 in 98/99. My baby sister had the navy low 13. My first pair was the 2003 17 lows. I knew about MJ and Jays, but didn’t start really caring about shoes until around the dub zero and military 4s. In 2007, I became obsessed with 8s, and the Aqua 8 happened to be the best looking to me. This was around the Graduation era, and I eventually found out Kanye was a fan of these, which made me appreciate them more.

True, been into Jordans since I was in elementary school. Had a hand full of retro and signature shoes. I remember have the Jordan 21 in middle school. During high school had the 9s and 7s (though took a break because of all the craziness). After graduation I bought some 8s and started my collection (foot has gown a lot during the high school years; went from a size 9 to 11.5 towards the end).

air-jordan-flight-club-calendar-6.jpg
This wheaties calendar, this photo changed everything and started ALL OF THIS for me.

I think you’re right, since these are UA, I’m not sure correct materials are being shown. However, I believe they’ll be Durabuck, because the UA pairs look like they’re trying to mimic that, especially these pics. The light grey edges are there
1A0A281A-8D27-4284-AAA9-67C91C03B245.jpeg

Think a lot folks are setting themselves up for disappointment. These won’t look much different if at all than what where seeing in these pics. I believe they’ll be durabuck but other than that, what you see is pretty much what you’re gonna get. I like em but I know they won’t be drastically different from the 2014s even if they do have durabuck. I’m more so banking on these being more comfortable than the 2014s which in a lot ways is good enough for me.

Think a lot folks are setting themselves up for disappointment. These won’t look much different if at all than what where seeing in these pics. I believe they’ll be durabuck but other than that, what you see is pretty much what you’re gonna get. I like em but I know they won’t be drastically different from the 2014s even if they do have durabuck. I’m more so banking on these being more comfortable than the 2014s which in a lot ways is good enough for me.
What will be there to be disappointed about? The color won’t be super pink, 6s toe box is no longer boot like, and something folks don’t care about the contrast heel anyway. I agree that these are most likely Durabuck. I don’t know what else folks are expecting

What will be there to be disappointed about? The color won’t be super pink, 6s toe box is no longer boot like, and something folks don’t care about the contrast heel anyway. I agree that these are most likely Durabuck. I don’t know what else folks are expecting

500x1000px-LL-31e45790_300g667434.gif

Now wait just a minute, one the main people that wanted the original detailing just said "I don't know what else folks are expecting" when you were hoping for those details.

I think these are fine. The durabuck does look a bit ashy kinda like the 2012 Raptors but thats still a nice passable material compared to what they used on the 14s. (And yes I realize these are all still GM pics)

For younger NT’ers, who don’t necessarily have a tie to MJ/Bulls, what does this shoe mean to you? What drew you to the colorway?

For me, I liked the aesthetic primarily. It’s one of the most wearable and versatile jays period. To me, it’s better for streetwear than most Jordans. I like the lace lock, especially on the bottom lace.
Also, after buying and getting rid of the 2000 pair in 2011, and getting scammed for my 2014 pair, I’ve needed to get a pair made as nicely as those back.

I'm 27. For me this actually has numerous ties. When this shoe came out in '91 my father had me in the baby sizes. He still has the pair til this day, in damn near perfect condition. My whole fam is from the Southside of Chicago and I was born downtown. I've seen Jordan play live, but only as a Wizard. He still hit the game winner that night. lol

I got the 2 pairs at the time of the 2014 release but ended up selling both. Too big for me. The only time I ever needed a 13.5 for a Nike/Jordan shoe. Usually I'm a 14. I wanted to get them again but wasn't gonna spend extra for a rare size.

I was born in Feb, like Michael, so if the release month holds true, they'll be a perfect birthday gift for me. This is why the 6 is probably most significant to me, even though it may not be my absolute favorite retro. It's up there though. Can't wait for these and a Carmine redo

Back
Top Bottom