2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Fat chance on the OG box. I would be surprised if they up and made new boxes for one shoe when VI's have had the OG box minus print for a few years now.
Jb probably would be like
5BB35D37-635C-4167-8C95-8F33B754BA1D.gif

The BM V’s had the OG box, why wouldn’t these
When I said OG og box, I meant an OG box with the og Nike branding on the lid. The 3-6 and 12 og style boxes they’ve been releasing have jumpmans were Nike Air logos and swooshes once were(on the original 90s box lids). Since the og box used for the upcoming retro 8s, 10s and 11s have Nike air on the box lids,which is a break from the og style boxes they’ve used for the 3-6 and 12s, I’m wondering if the 3-6 box lids will in the future do just as the 10s boxes have done
image.jpg

Og style but with a jumpman
Vs
The actual OG box with Nike branding
160AA387-8702-4514-9BEE-2789591E6859.png

Other then bred 11 and bc3 these are my favs can't wait to cop and hope they are done right. Really I just need some good durabuck like met 5s and nothing ashey. Last pair that drop in 16 I think were trash to me

Last edited:
When I said OG og box, I meant an OG box with the og Nike branding on the lid. The 3-6 and 12 og style boxes they’ve been releasing have jumpmans were Nike Air logos and swooshes once were(on the original 90s box lids). Since the og box used for the upcoming retro 8s, 10s and 11s have Nike air on the box lids,which is a break from the og style boxes they’ve used for the 3-6 and 12s, I’m wondering if the 3-6 box lids will in the future do just as the 10s boxes have done
image.jpg

Og style but with a jumpman
Vs
The actual OG box with Nike branding
160AA387-8702-4514-9BEE-2789591E6859.png
gotta respect the og collectors chief

I’m 50/50 on the box situation part of me wouldn’t mind having the og box but at the sametime I’d rather them get the retro completely correct over a box I can’t wear anyday.

Man, I straight up couldn’t afford treating myself to real J’s until after the first Gentry era, but I’m glad I missed out on the majority of his BS. Reading everyone’s comments on his shenanigans I’ve been able to piece together and idea of what it was like.

The Gentry era was one of the most profitable, if not the most profitable in JB's history. I'm not a fan of him, but the bad stories are really exaggerated.

i dont care about the box... ya its cool but as long as it can hold the shoes and not collapse when stacked im good... i just care about the nike air on the back really

Man, I straight up couldn’t afford treating myself to real J’s until after the first Gentry era, but I’m glad I missed out on the majority of his BS. Reading everyone’s comments on his shenanigans I’ve been able to piece together and idea of what it was like.

Gentry era is why I ended up buying jordans from 2004 and below. I skipped on the cdp packs, all the retros that have released after the 2007 Metallics.

All that money I saved, I was able to cop my infrareds, spacejams, 99 Bred 4 and the list goes on.

I ended up copping the first time the Chicagos 10a came out because I sure as hell wasnt going to pay 1000+ for the OGs at the time.

The Gentry era was one of the most profitable, if not the most profitable in JB's history. I'm not a fan of him, but the bad stories are really exaggerated.

I have to disagree with you on this one. It certainly wasn't the most profitable by what I've read. Just one quick report:
"For fiscal 2016, Jordan Brand revenue grew 18% to $2.8 billion. On a currency-neutral basis, Jordan Brand grew 21%. Even more impressive, total Jordan Brand sales doubled Nike Basketball segment, which had revenues of $1.4 billion." 2016 appears to be the first year in which Nike reported Jordan revenue separately from Nike Basketball, so I'm not sure we could know how much business it did in the Gentry era even after spending time really attempting to research it. But it certainly didn't do the revenue that it has done since then.

As for the bad stories about product, I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I found most of the product, especially the retro product, to be god awful during his first go-around. To the point I stopped caring about it or even attempting to purchase it. He and his team managed to alienate me--a lifelong Jordan and Air Jordan fan who spends too much money on shoes I don't actually need. That was quite a feat.

Gentry gave us bomb retro+. He ****** up OGs. Gentry’s non OG retros will forever be the best retro+ to me

Back
Top Bottom