2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
More. From all the research I’ve done, I’ve concluded that this pair is RARE at the moment. A collector is more likely to have a pair of Black Infrared 6s from 1991 than a Black Metallic pair from 1990. That’s why there’s much fewer pics out there.
FCE5CDD9-5B64-4B51-91EC-BE4137023F67.png
5EADF94F-B081-4A4D-9475-56D6C5292017.jpeg
7B4904F5-757D-48C7-8218-9C2E08550E0E.png

I’m not just some liar, or some kid trolling NT. If I’ve made claims, it’s because I have researched it first. This includes first hand accounts from those who HAVE(not had, thus going off memory) the OGs from when it came out to now.

In my research, I’ve learned that beginning with the 5, every black based OG Jordan aside from the 12 has a contrast upper. This includes contrasting materials(7,9,10,11,13,14,15,16) or contrasting material textures(5,6,8).
Memories aren’t more trustworthy than pictures and visual based research.

The 4 material, and the 5 material on the piece that says Nike Air is the same. Add the 7 heel material too. The collar piece on the 5, as well as the entire heel of the 6 is the same, as highlighted in yellow.
6E18CCFB-E92C-4ECA-B1CE-A6E0CB8BC11E.jpeg
2775305F-622D-4D54-9393-BAAFAB2129E1.jpeg

It shouldn’t be. Just know im not debating this again. I made an already existing claim, showed my evidence. If you choose to debate, it’s up to you.

I learned a very long time ago that it’s pointless to argue a point one way or the other on NT...Won’t convince anybody who’s mind is already made up...

I’ve become a spectator for the most part in my recent years and it’s made the site so much more enjoyable to me...
This applies to life in general. It's liberating when you do not care whether or not people agree with you.

I agree with the V's heel but the 2016 V's also have the contrasting heel upper; it's just not as apparent. They went with it but it doesnt look like it does on the sample. My pair and many pairs posted in the 2016 Metallic V thread has it. The OG's had it (I'm a belieber) and I'm glad they came correct with the 2016's.

Now about these leaked pics:

I'm all here for that Infrared shade :nthat::nthat::nthat:
Looking forward to a men's pair to see if they slapped the contrasting heel on the back. I just hope they don't over do it.. it's supposed to be a somewhat subtle feature.

Why are GS done first? Who knows when we’ll see the men’s pairs

Might not even be that.. it may be just building suspense. Nike/JB deliberately gives shoes/info to sneaker blogs/websites etc. to create buzz around product launches, store openings, events etc. IDK if that's what happened here but I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

I learned a very long time ago that it’s pointless to argue a point one way or the other on NT...Won’t convince anybody who’s mind is already made up...

I’ve become a spectator for the most part in my recent years and it’s made the site so much more enjoyable to me...

My sentiments too. But sometimes when I hear the outlandish stuff taken as gospel, I gotta step in :lol:. OG Metallics def had a contrasting materials on the collars upper.

I personally prefer the uniform look of the 2016 V and I think the 6 looks better without the contrasting heel either. Looks better to me, even though it’s not OG.

You’re living your best life huh? :lol:

I like the contrast uppers of the og 5-8. For the 5, since there’s netting and a silver tongue, it helps break up the shoe enough to where the contrast ankle isn’t as vital. For the Infrared 6, without it, it looks like an all black boot almost. There’s many panels on the 6, and having them all be one material is just boring to me. All some people need is the red hits on the midsole, but that’s lacking to me. I think Tinker was smart in incorporating contrast uppers into the black based Jordans

It shouldn’t be. Just know im not debating this again. I made an already existing claim, showed my evidence. If you choose to debate, it’s up to you.

Fair enough, on all your posts. I'm happy to stand corrected. The effect is so subtle, however, that I can only even see it in half of the pictures you posted, though that could just be my eyes. When this originally came up yesterday, it was done so in direct comparison to the 6's "contrasting" panel, which remains in no way similar to the "contrast" going on with the metallic 5s. I would have never in a million years before now described the 5 as having a contrasting ankle piece. Obviously, that's just me. It seems like the ankle piece has a slightly different finish/sheen to it, which may well be from the manufacturing process, but that's just speculation on my part. No idea in reality. Thanks for bothering to take the time to illustrate it, though. 30 years into sneakers, I learned something today. My OPINION is that the little difference there likely has more to do with something like manufacturing than it does with a specific design choice as is evident on the 6s, but until someone asks Tinker or finds a previous quote from him on it, not sure how we'll ever actually know.

Think we’ll get the OG og box? With the recent 3-6 and 12 og boxes, they have jumpmans where Nike Air and swooshes used to be. However, the recent 10 and 11 og box has Nike Air on the lid instead of jumpmans.
EF75D6DD-9CE7-45D1-BC69-D96B61EAA862.png

Fat chance on the OG box. I would be surprised if they up and made new boxes for one shoe when VI's have had the OG box minus print for a few years now.

I’m not just some liar, or some kid trolling NT. If I’ve made claims, it’s because I have researched it first. This includes first hand accounts from those who HAVE(not had, thus going off memory) the OGs from when it came out to now.

In my research, I’ve learned that beginning with the 5, every black based OG Jordan aside from the 12 has a contrast upper. This includes contrasting materials(7,9,10,11,13,14,15,16) or contrasting material textures(5,6,8).
Memories aren’t more trustworthy than pictures and visual based research.

The 4 material, and the 5 material on the piece that says Nike Air is the same. Add the 7 heel material too. The collar piece on the 5, as well as the entire heel of the 6 is the same, as highlighted in yellow.
6E18CCFB-E92C-4ECA-B1CE-A6E0CB8BC11E.jpeg
2775305F-622D-4D54-9393-BAAFAB2129E1.jpeg
Point proven.

Back
Top Bottom