2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I dont think anyone in here is passing on whatever we get me included lol. I just hope they reaaalllly fix the shape. The orange Gatorade VI's came as close as anything since like 2010. Also, that straight blatant leather piece on the heel is disrespectful. :lol:

Maybe my angle was bad but I thought the Maroon's had a decent shape. Please don't jump me if my opinion is bad. :lol:
I never had the originals as I wasn't alive till 9 years later and I don't have enough to purchase a well kept pair of OG's, so all I can go off of is side-by-side, similar angled photos. The differences are obviously noticeable though. But to ME, the maroon's weren't too bad.
PicsArt_09-26-03.23.54.png
20180724_191435_HDR.jpg

I pretty much agree with ^^ all of that but in that pic.. those Infrareds and Carmines (in the pic) BOTH have the boot to me lol. I hate it and I hate how hollow they feel man. After BC III's being soooooo ridiculously comfortable this year, it will irritate me if they give me a hollow boot Infrared remaster next year.

JB if you’re listening, please burn the reverse infrared samples you made. We’re good. We don’t need those. Just the OGs in proper form. Thanks.

Maybe my angle was bad but I thought the Maroon's had a decent shape. Please don't jump me if my opinion is bad. :lol:
I never had the originals as I wasn't alive till 9 years later and I don't have enough to purchase a well kept pair of OG's, so all I can go off of is side-by-side, similar angled photos. The differences are obviously noticeable though. But to ME, the maroon's weren't too bad.
PicsArt_09-26-03.23.54.png
20180724_191435_HDR.jpg

While I love the OGs, I noticed the NA (looking at my BM 5 v. Maroons)pops so much more on the 5s compared to the 6s. I’ve wondered why JB went from the contrast NA colors on the 5s to the black/black and white/white on the 6s. Carmine’s are my favorite 6 colorway for the proper NA execution , IMO. I’ll take any retro at this point, as I missed the 2014 pair , but I wouldn’t mind the reverse infrared TBH.

Last edited:
I thought they dyed the midsoles for the early retros and OGs? I heard the paint very rarely chipped compared to releases now. Even though they gotten better with using stronger paint still rather have the midsole dyed than painted anyday.
They did, which is why I questioned the purpose of the paint.

Most of the paint chipping 06-Present was due to them changing the type of PU they used for the midsole itself. The older type was more porous and held the dye perfectly.

W

While I love the OGs, I noticed the NA (looking at my BM 5 v. Maroons)pops so much more on the 5s compared to the 6s. I’ve wondered why JB went from the contrast NA colors on the 5s to the black/black and white/white on the 6s. Carmine’s are my favorite 6 colorway for the proper NA execution , IMO. I’ll take any retro at this point, as I missed the 2014 pair , but I wouldn’t mind the reverse infrared TBH.

I get you. I always thought that the Maroon's looked fine without a contrasting Nike Air however imo I thought if it had been bolder like the Metallic's it would've been a bit better and maybe even a little more noticeable. I dunno.
20180724_191558_HDR.jpg

20160729_171943_HDR.jpg

W

Could be symbolism that Jordan Brand was growing into its own (2-6 logo on the back and 7-11 logo on the insole)

Just messing with you

I think the contrast Nike air would’ve worked for the 6s it worked well for 3-5 contrasting Nike air don’t see why it wouldn’t for the 6s. Maybe they scrapped the idea for the contrasting Nike air because they were in the process of jb creating its own name for its self you can see the with the 7 model right after this model Nike air is only on the insole. almost all of the OGs 6s Nike air practically invisible (besides the Carmines) you wouldn’t even know that it was there other than seeing it up close or having the OGs back then. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if jb was trying to get out of Nike shadow starting with the 6s.

I for one would like a nice clear sole.

No blue tint, no milky.... clear.

But we all know we are getting a blue tint sole

I get you. I always thought that the Maroon's looked fine without a contrasting Nike Air however imo I thought if it had been bolder like the Metallic's it would've been a bit better and maybe even a little more noticeable. I dunno.
20180724_191558_HDR.jpg

20160729_171943_HDR.jpg

I remember shortly after the release , there were people painting their NA to match the maroon . I don’t think it looks bad either just wondering why that route was taken .

Could be symbolism that Jordan Brand was growing into its own (2-6 logo on the back and 7-11 logo on the insole)

Just messing with you

I actually don’t think you’re far off .

You missed the BC3 thread? It got real in there for some purists :rofl:

I was in there in the beginning but it got too convoluted. The only person I can remember making a fuss about it was tonytobacco tonytobacco but we know how he is. Don’t get how people could complain. We don’t deserve the remastered joint. Watch Gentry make us go back to paying for retro’s in a pack and having AF1/Jordan Fusions being GR’s

I was in there in the beginning but it got too convoluted. The only person I can remember making a fuss about it was tonytobacco tonytobacco but we know how he is. Don’t get how people could complain. We don’t deserve the remastered joint. Watch Gentry make us go back to paying for retro’s in a pack and having AF1/Jordan Fusions being GR’s
I doubt that. There’s certain things that worked when they had much less brand interest and customer back then compared to now. They still have sales goals they’re trying to reach by 2020.

Because when the Black infrared 6s had the right material on the heel it gave off a nice contrast.

air-jordan-6-infrared-og.jpg

Because they couldve easily looked like this
220120a5-f9b4-4f65-b4c0-35741d375d56.png

instead of this

th

Back
Top Bottom