2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
he's not wrong quality wise...that black midsole paint cracks INSTANTLY..and that was when they were new in 1999-2000
There's something up with the 2000 infrareds. Even when the paint cracked, it was black under the paint. So why was it painted at all? Same issue with the 2002 white/black 9s.

That’s the closest they can get though.
The heel with that much difference would throw off the rest of the shoe. It seriously would look like JB trying too hard. It has to be more subtle than that. A glossy midsole is a def no go. We all know they are coming with NA. I understand your pic, but the shoe would have too much separation if they did it that way.

The heel with that much difference would throw off the rest of the shoe. It seriously would look like JB trying too hard. It has to be more subtle than that. A glossy midsole is a def no go. We all know they are coming with NA. I understand your pic, but the shoe would have too much separation if they did it that way.
That photo was a PS combination of the Black Cat 6 and Reverse Infrared from 2012. Who knows what’d theyd actually use. I’ve come to learn that the OG durabuck wasn’t some extravagant unicorn material. It was just the name for the new synthetic material used as a nubuck and leather substitute starting with the 4. The heel isn’t some heat applied or smoothed out kindve thing, it’s literally synthetic leather. That’s why make 1991 pairs in 1991 and now look exactly like leather. The ones that barely look like leather have aged(many thought it was the other way around).

Now Nike uses their own nubuck textured Durabuck as seen on the Metallic 5. They can also use their own synthetic or genuine leather on the heel.

Maybe they haven’t done it up until now because the different durabuck textures meshed together better back then compared to now, but Idk since I’m not in their factories or material department.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know its a ps. Everything is speculation at this point. But,, its something to talk about. You may be the material wiz here, but im just impatiently waiting for a first pic of these. Lol. Something gotta surface soon. I just want a pair to bring me back to 1991. Like the 2014 did. Yeah.

Maybe they’ll look like this?
E2BE5B14-E6AA-4A14-B81F-2672B53580C9.jpeg

God no. That would be atrociously shiny. Here’s to hoping the don’t f up and put actual black leather on the back of the shoe to please idiots who think it should look like that.

The most intriguing shoe I have ever waited to see for sure. If they were gonna go all in, this would be the time.

I’m not understanding why they pick shoes to continuously retro and not one time get it right or do it right...and I’m sure it’s not cause of sales because the masses will buy regardless if it’s done right every time,regardless how many times, as long as it’s a model/cw that’s preferred.....

The most intriguing shoe I have ever waited to see for sure. If they were gonna go all in, this would be the time.
Yeah, I doubt the people who even want the OG heel care to wait more years until they release again for them to get it right. They didn’t make the Metallic that way, so they might not with the Infrared either

Most likely, they’ll probably look just like this with Nike Air. All flat nubuck like durabuck. Better than the 2010 and 2014 and Nike Air.
8BDA6FD8-1B2F-4EED-9E2F-8F299B5D6008.jpeg

Attachments

• 44A5C0C7-1DDE-4428-BFE1-65AD52F537B8.jpeg
    44A5C0C7-1DDE-4428-BFE1-65AD52F537B8.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Yeah, I doubt the people who even want the OG heel care to wait more years until they release again for them to get it right. They didn’t make the Metallic that way, so they might not wish the Infrastructure either

Most likely, they’ll probably look just like this with Nike Air. All flat nubuck like durabuck. Better than the 2010 and 2014 and Nike Air.
View attachment 2184137
You think they gonna bring 3m?

I’m not understanding why they pick shoes to continuously retro and not one time get it right or do it right...and I’m sure it’s not cause of sales because the masses will buy regardless if it’s done right every time,regardless how many times, as long as it’s a model/cw that’s preferred.....
It is all by design.

The heel isn’t some heat applied or smoothed out kindve thing, it’s literally synthetic leather. That’s why make 1991 pairs in 1991 and now look exactly like leather. The ones that barely look like leather have aged(many thought it was the other way around).

They can also use their own synthetic or genuine leather on the heel.

Sincerely disagree with all this. And I hope you have facts to back up this “leather” heel thing you’re touting. I’m sure you believe you do, yet you’re still wrong anyway. OGs heel did not look like obvious leather, even if it was actual black leather. Which is a very important detail in all this.

You want JB to put today’s version of their synthetic black leather on the heal? There would be outrage on here if that happened lol. That heel is not supposed to be all out leather. And even if it is, it definitely isn’t supposed to look like that shiny bs from that PS you posted up there. You think they’re boycotting Nike now? Let em release my favorite shoe with that gaudy, shiny synthetic leather heel panel and I might lose it for real lol

Sincerely disagree with all this. And I hope you have facts to back up this leather heel thing you’re touting. I’m sure you believe you do, yet you’re still wrong anyway. OGs heel did not look like obvious leather, even if it was actual black leather. Which is a very important detail in all this.

You want JB to put today’s version of their synthetic black leather on the heal? There would be outrage on here if that happened lol. That heel is not supposed to be all out leather. And even if it is, it definitely isn’t supposed to look like that shiny bs from that PS you posted up there. You think they’re boycotting Nike now? Let em release my favorite shoe with that gaudy, shiny synthetic leather heel panel and I might lose it for real lol
There’s so much on this you’ve already missed and that has already been proven. You’re going to have to look through the thread and or do your own research lol. Not doing this again. I said the heel is Durabuck with a leather texture. Durabuck is a synthetic leather they used on multiple black and white based Jordans beginning with the 4. That’s all I’ll say.

There's something up with the 2000 infrareds. Even when the paint cracked, it was black under the paint. So why was it painted at all? Same issue with the 2002 white/black 9s.
I thought they dyed the midsoles for the early retros and OGs? I heard the paint very rarely chipped compared to releases now. Even though they gotten better with using stronger paint still rather have the midsole dyed than painted anyday.

Last edited:
Seeing people’s disappointment with the BC 3s, If the 2019 looked like this with the same short tongue, same material as the Metallic 5 but no smooth heel, blue tint, would y’all pass?
D1AD3B0E-F49B-4AAE-8C2A-906F9A5CAC1E.jpeg

thread is rolling hard like the 2014 one...wonder if it'lll surpass it...besides the 1 thread...i think that one may be the biggest ever.

wish they'd drop the ball and release the reverse sample instead...2014 pairs still looking good all around...that infra nike air on the back pops so hard it'd almost killl an enemy from a distance

Back
Top Bottom