2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I just hope these have a smooth, flat leather heel to imitate the molded durabuck used on the '91 originals, 2016 metallic durabuck for the rest of the upper, and better comfort than the 2014's. I know part of this is wishful thinking but if they at least look like the 2000 release I'll still be in for 2. If they end up being 2014's but with Nike Air just one pair will be enough for me.
air-jordan-6-OG-infrared_02.jpg

PicsArt_09-22-12.12.15.jpg

I think the 2014 set was more narrow. Add in the fact that the nubuck on those was stiffer than my varsity 6s and is stiffer than durabuck. The while pair felt better, but not by a lot.

In my experience, 4,8,12, 13, and 22 were the most comfortable Jordans. 3s felt great this year too
The 8s are just as bad as the 6s
Trust
Same bs under that thin insole

Always thought the OG’s were true red. The last retro’s infrared lookedso pinkish and nothing like the OG’s. Huge difference but same CW?

There a few details left out, but this basically is the best short explanation.

1991 was Infrared: Neon Red with faint orange and pink tones
2000 Deep Infrared: Neon Red and Orange, but generally darker than the 1991
2010 Varsity Red: Almost Blood Red
2010 Infrared Pack: Like Fire Red seen on 3s, 4s, and 5s
2014 Infrared 23: Mix of Pink, Orange, and Red. Looks pink sometimes, looks orange sometimes depending on the light. Closest to the 1991 per many people who owned the shoe’s accounts and pictures.

My guess is that the 2019 will either favor the 1991 precisely, or the 2000. The pink didn’t hurt sales in 2014, so if it’s still there, I doubt it’d hurt this time.

Really 2014s were the closest? Maybe I’m just not a fan of these then. Thought 2014s were way to pink. When I think of infrared, I think of the beam or a neon red, but not a hot pink.

Actually, Infrared 23 (used on the 2014 version) was the closest to the original 1991 Infrared.

There a few details left out, but this basically is the best short explanation.

1991 was Infrared: Neon Red with faint orange and pink tones
2000 Deep Infrared: Neon Red and Orange, but generally darker than the 1991
2010 Varsity Red: Almost Blood Red
2010 Infrared Pack: Like Fire Red seen on 3s, 4s, and 5s
2014 Infrared 23: Mix of Pink, Orange, and Red. Looks pink sometimes, looks orange sometimes depending on the light. Closest to the 1991 per many people who owned the shoe’s accounts and pictures.

My guess is that the 2019 will either favor the 1991 precisely, or the 2000. The pink didn’t hurt sales in 2014, so if it’s still there, I doubt it’d hurt this time.

Thanks for clarifying. I knew the ‘91, ‘00 and ‘14 could not have been the same infrared

Hopefully that get that ankle piece with the bubble correct this go round! Should be a entire separate piece sewn in. Lately they’ve jus put the stitching around the area to create the illusion that it’s there. I think 2000’s got it right, along with the white trim on the outside of each piece of leather/nubuck, again 2000’s got it right!!!!!!

I know I gripe about these a lot, because I love the OG details a bunch, but I’ll probably grab whatever comes out especially if it’s better to me than the 2014. Third time’s a charm for me. I got rid of the 2000, lost my 2014, and need a pair of these

he's not wrong quality wise...that black midsole paint cracks INSTANTLY..and that was when they were new in 1999-2000
So that men’s subsequent retros were better. My brother’s varsity red didn’t crack at all as of this January

Back
Top Bottom