2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Lebron represents black excellence in many different ways, no black man should hate him off the court

Off the court away from anything basketball related, the dude is a great man by all accounts. If he weren't such a dbag about all things basketball he might be a little less disliked by people

Last edited:
Lebron represents black excellence in many different ways, no black man should hate him off the court
i dont think anyone really hates him. dont give a damn bout any of these dudes outside of the court and how they carry themselves on the court or field.  

. i see basketball like wrestling. theres wrestlers we like and ones we dont. its not that serious. 

Last edited:
:rofl:
This ain't the NFL buddy
The NBA players association has more bargaining power than you think
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/12...-trade-la-lakers-veto-david-stern-nba-lockout

Owners don't have a choice but to cater to the players, it's what gets the fans in the seats
Unless the NBAPA somehow collapses, judging by previous lockouts, the players gonna have the power still.

All fine and dandy. Again, I see no issues with forming super teams.

But best believe something will be put into place down the road. It might be a band aid, but this will be a huge topic of discussion.
Lol if the owners tried, the players could just go to Europe and China and rake in millions and the owners would have lost out on talent
That happened last lockout and the owners didn't want to lose anymore profits and players so they just compromised quickly before players left forever

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I don't know why people compare Lebron situation to KD with how they left. Both are front runners and I can never respect them. Yes there was super teams back then but they were built through the draft and trades not when a player loses to their opponent and joined them.To me golden state is not a super team they built that franchise from the ground up. They were trash for a long time and become an elite time only a few years ago. I understand the frustration with some players who want to win a championship but instead of earning it they want that instant gratification to win immediately. This is why I respect Isaiah since he stayed with Detroit and won a ring and same with Dirk. But it's a different generation now so different times.

Lol if the owners tried, the players could just go to Europe and China and rake in millions and the owners would have lost out on talent
That happened last lockout and the owners didn't want to lose anymore profits and players so they just compromised quickly before players left forever

Europe and China? Alright, we are done with this topic.

I mean.. It is the offseason thread. That's like going into the hate threads and getting mad at people hating.. Who does that brah :smh:

Not slit if discussion in here about KD anymore. We're just repeating the same thing over and over. That's all. I literally saw a post and thought someone cut and pasted what someone else said.

As a matter of fact, it was your post that made me comment Deja vu. It all makes sense now, brah.

Instead of complaining cuz you're tired of the topic why not just leave? Or don't read the posts? Or dare I say try to start a new discussion?

FYI The Durant horse is far from dead. Let the salty fans have their grieving period and go through the 6 stages and let the haters hate. Can't stop them anyway.

Last edited:
i look at like this

youre an nba player and you played your whole 10 year career in one city

youve never won the big one in all those 10 years

now youre a free agent, you can go anywhere

the best team in the league wants you

or you can go back to what you been doing

its that simple

What yall don't see is what Lebron did. He paved the way for players to have more control than the owners. He, Wade, BOSH, said screw your free agency, we finna go play as a team and win rings.

Lebron then left and went home and hand picked his squad and won.

Lebron changed sports forever.
You say so much BS

But this is 100% true and I agree. Lebron has empowered the player's to do what's best for them regardless of how fans, or owners would perceive it. Valuing things like relationships, and putting that as a premium for team building, lebron is awesome for that. 

i look at like this

youre an nba player and you played your whole 10 year career in one city

youve never won the big one in all those 10 years

now youre a free agent, you can go anywhere

the best team in the league wants you

or you can go back to what you been doing

its that simple
Its like you been dating Megan Good for all these years. Sure shes amazing, but you already know that. Then out of nowhere, Halle Berry wants you. I;m going to Halle

Back
Top Bottom