2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why he's a douchebag? I've asked this plenty of times but nobody gives me concrete answers. Again, I don't follow social media, so maybe I'm missing something.

A douchebag to me is someone acting like an idiot off the court, being a loser in some sort of way. Manziel is a douchebag. I never hear Lebron having off court issues. Is there different levels of douchebaggery?

Is it because he complains about calls? Throws teammates under the bus?

I'm very curious.
im the total opposite from this. his demeanor , how an athlete carries himself on the field is as  important to me as they talent, but thats just how i feel  as a fan . you dont feel the same way thats cool. we all like different ish.

i couldnt care less what these dudes do off the field .i dont care who is a good father , or who does charity ,miss me with that.

thats tmz status more so to me then on court or on field demeanor.

. i dont care about they personal lives. im not going to get into what exactly i dont like about them. ive stated it many times before. it is what it is. 

Last edited:
I demand a NT full investigation on this
nerd.gif
Sure. Ask Ska to see if I have other accounts that be active

Yes.   PRe Heat.

Lakers
Cavs
Spurs
Boston
Orlando.

That was all in terms of being possible champs.

The leauge is way better now.  The 2016 finals the best one since the boston LA days.  Be serious. Nobody ever thought MJ would lose to Utah or Seattle.

Lebron and team came back to beat the best team ever. The new narrative is can he do it again and vs Durant on GSW.

Every year we have a narrative and this is the best one yet.

I don't know if I would make that statement about Utah. MJ was a possession away from having to play a game seven in Utah.

im the total opposite from this. his demeanor , how an athlete carries himself on the field is as  important to me as they talent, but thats just how i feel  as a fan . you dont feel the same way thats cool. we all like different ish.

i couldnt care less what these dudes do off the field . thats tmz status more so to me then on court or on field demeanor.

. i dont care about they personal lives. im not going to get into what exactly i dont like about them. ive stated it many times before. it is what it is. 
So why you hate Lebron?

like how does russ feel about serge gettin traded now?

its gon be him and oladipo going for 40 a night?
Russ don't eem care.. he's thinking about what jersey he'll be wearing next season because it ain't going to be an OKC jersey.
A grown man calling himself Swaggy P will never not be an idiot. I can't think of one good reason to grab a live firecracker..

wish i could rep you twice.

game time is all i care about.
For real. What am I missing? I don't get it. Maybe I'm not suppose to being that I'm older?

Too many people worried about dumb stuff in life. Lebron ain't hurting people, putting people in harm. From what I see, he's a great family man and someone I'd be cool as a role model for my kids. You can see he's a fantastic father based on how his kids act. Polite kids.
LeBron's no scumbag, but I can definitely see why he can rub people the wrong way. He always says he's about rings, but discredited Curry & Kerr for winning MVP & COTY, kinda to make a case for himself. Also, that time he told fans to go back to their regular lives, was very douchey 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Way to avoid my main point Casper

Stated my point about it earlier. When the lockout occurs, something will be put into place to prevent this sort of stuff. Something will be done. Believe it. Is it fair to implement that? Not at all. Warriors did nothing illegal. But owners will have a say in this. Whether it's putting some type of franchise tag on players, I don't know. But I just don't see this continuing.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why he's a douchebag? I've asked this plenty of times but nobody gives me concrete answers. Again, I don't follow social media, so maybe I'm missing something.

A douchebag to me is someone acting like an idiot off the court, being a loser in some sort of way. Manziel is a douchebag. I never hear Lebron having off court issues. Is there different levels of douchebaggery?

Is it because he complains about calls? Throws teammates under the bus?

I'm very curious.
1. Bailing on Cleveland

2. The decision

3. Excessive flopping

4. Complete frontrunning.  Dude is talking a big game when his team is up or has momentum, but when they are down he acts like a *****

5. Getting blatt fired

6. Not his fault, but the constant narrative that he needs more help when he has hand picked his teammates for the last decade

7. Choseone Tatoo

8. Taking pictures crowning himself the next great one without ever god damn earning it

9. Mocking dirk in the finals for no reason

10. Telling people to go back to their pathetic lives because he cant handle losing

11. Ripping off his Cavs jersey after losing and storming off like a baby

12. Leaving the Heat for greener pastures as soon as the going started to get tough

13. ******* dwade over financially.  Could have at least given the dude a warning that he was going to leave.

14. Nicknaming himself the King

15. Constantly throwing shade at his teammates on social media

16. Flopping like a ***** in the raptors series when he got hit by a teammate to try to draw a flagrant because the game was too close

17. Flopping like a ***** in the finals to get Draymond suspended

18. Having dumb *** feet im clearly kidding about this one you ***** 

19.  Thinking that ***** can play in the NFL when he cant even take a touch foul

20.  Letting his mom get plowed by his teammate

21. Going 3-4 in the finals

22. Having a ****** shoe line

23. Having a ****** hair line

24. Having a ****** toe line

25.  I cant think of a 25th right now but **** that guy.

Obviously im kidding about half of these, but if you can't see why people dislike him then I don't know what to tell you

Last edited:

1. Bailing on Cleveland

2. The decision

3. Excessive flopping

4. Complete frontrunning.  Dude is talking a big game when his team is up or has momentum, but when they are down he acts like a *****

5. Getting blatt fired

6. Not his fault, but the constant narrative that he needs more help when he has hand picked his teammates for the last decade

7. Choseone Tatoo

8. Taking pictures crowning himself the next great one without ever god damn earning it

10. Telling people to go back to their pathetic lives because he cant handle losing

12. Leaving the Heat for greener pastures as soon as the going started to get tough

13. ******* dwade over financially.  Could have at least given the dude a warning that he was going to leave.

16. Flopping like a ***** in the raptors series when he got hit by a teammate to try to draw a flagrant because the game was too close

19.  Thinking that ***** can play in the NFL when he cant even take a touch foul

Obviously im kidding about half of these, but if you can't see why people dislike him then I don't know what to tell you
LOL your not serious about any of this.....

Lebron is the best player in the world. He'll be MVP this year too

Last edited:

i couldnt care less what these dudes do off the field .i dont care who is a good father , or who does charity ,miss me with that.
 thats tmz status more so to me then on court or on field demeanor.

Educate me on what he does in the court then. I'd like to know what people see.

To me, he's clearly the best in the court. I don't see anything else.

I don't get people comparing Lebron's Decision with Durant's

Theatrics wise, LeBron's is so much worst. He had an hour special and then a celebration (Mind you in full Miami Heat Gear) proclaiming how many championships they will win.

However, from a competitive standpoint, Durant's is much worst. You are going to the team that just beat your team when you were up 3-1 and you let your team down. Not only are you going to a competitor, you are joining statistically the best team ever (based on wins). Not only that you did nothing but proclaim your love for OKC and this how you do them?

Like I said Theatrics wise, LeBron's was the worst.

From a competitive and just disrespect to your Team and League, Durant's is the worst. Durant's decision here can and most likely will change the record books for years to come. Warriors can reel off several championships in a row and don't think the owners are happy with this, something is going to change and what we learned a lot of the time change isn't good, change is what caused this.

This signing literally is one of the most impactful things to happen to the NBA in years.

1. Bailing on Cleveland
2. The decision
3. Excessive flopping
5. Getting blatt fired
7. Choseone Tatoo

I think you thought this was going to help, but it didn't. 90% of this stuff. Weak as ****.

You're just a hater. Couple of these were lame but overall, it's reaching like hell.

Educate me on what he does in the court then. I'd like to know what people see.

To me, he's clearly the best in the court. I don't see anything else.
he is the best on the court atm. doesnt mean i like him. 

he rubs me the wrong way .

the flopping. the crying for fouls. 

him being passive aggressive. im not going to get to into it man. 

i think cam newton is one of the best qbs doesnt mean i like him. we not going to see eye to eye. you dont care about athletes personas , i do . to each they own. 

Last edited:

Theatrics wise, LeBron's is so much worst. He had an hour special and then a celebration (Mind you in full Miami Heat Gear) proclaiming how many championships they will win.

However, from a competitive standpoint, Durant's is much worst. You are going to the team that just beat your team when you were up 3-1 and you let your team down. Not only are you going to a competitor, you are joining statistically the best team ever (based on wins). Not only that you did nothing but proclaim your love for OKC and this how you do them?

From a competitive and just disrespect to your Team and League, Durant's is the worst. Durant's decision here can and most likely will change the record books for years to come. Warriors can reel off several championships in a row and don't think the owners are happy with this, something is going to change and what we learned a lot of the time change isn't good, change is what caused this.

This signing literally is one of the most impactful things to happen to the NBA in years.
Lebron gave millions to poor kids. KD got tons hits to his website.

Lebron > KD

Way to avoid my main point Casper

Stated my point about it earlier. When the lockout occurs, something will be put into place to prevent this sort of stuff. Something will be done. Believe it. Is it fair to implement that? Not at all. Warriors did nothing illegal. But owners will have a say in this. Whether it's putting some type of franchise tag on players, I don't know. But I just don't see this continuing.
:rofl:
This ain't the NFL buddy
The NBA players association has more bargaining power than you think
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/12...-trade-la-lakers-veto-david-stern-nba-lockout

Owners don't have a choice but to cater to the players, it's what gets the fans in the seats
Unless the NBAPA somehow collapses, judging by previous lockouts, the players gonna have the power still.

I can accept this. I can see this opinion about the decision. I looked at the positive though. It raised $2.5m for boys and girls club.

If he was guilty of something, it was having his boys in charge of that debacle. They did not have his best interest there

Lebron gave millions to poor kids. KD got tons hits to his website.

Lebron = KD

Both left to go to a better team. 

Last edited:
I keep saying Durant going to GSW is like Freeza joining forces with Goku but people don't wanna hear it.

:rofl:
This ain't the NFL buddy
The NBA players association has more bargaining power than you think
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/12...-trade-la-lakers-veto-david-stern-nba-lockout

Owners don't have a choice but to cater to the players, it's what gets the fans in the seats
Unless the NBAPA somehow collapses, judging by previous lockouts, the players gonna have the power still.

All fine and dandy. Again, I see no issues with forming super teams.

But best believe something will be put into place down the road. It might be a band aid, but this will be a huge topic of discussion.

[quote name="OLDHOTDOGWATER"][QUOTE name="junglejim"]1. Bailing on Cleveland
2. The decision
3. Excessive flopping
5. Getting blatt fired
7. Choseone Tatoo

[/QUOTE]
LOL your not serious about any of this.....

Lebron is the best player in the world. He'll be MVP this year too[/quote]You asked him why he thinks LeBron is a scumbag. That has nothing to do with being a great basketball player. He answered.

You can be the best at something and still have some sort of off-putting personality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom