2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

^^That much was evident when they ended up having one of the worst seasons ever the year after he left :rofl:

Last edited:
Lezbihonest though... That Cavs team sucked without him. Like they were atrocious
laugh.gif
. It's pretty evident that there was no talent there outside of LeBron.
What about with the Heat then when he left a team that lost in the finals?

"Oh, he left to go win one with the land".

No, the dude left because he saw greener pastures in Cleveland.  Lebron's moves have been just as much a ***** move as KD's.  Stop trying to make one look worse than the other.

Wasn't Boobie Gibson on one of those teams? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

KD almost beat da GSW, up 3-1...and da GSW are a 73-9 team before he got there...
irrelevant. anyone who didnt mind lebron doing it but hating on kd doing it is ridiculous and a hypocrite. 

how is it irrelevant when Lebron never had da help KD has in OKC? Durant ALMOST beat da Warriors...and Miami Heat torched da team ala da Marlins after they got da shaq/flash chip.

The year LeBron left they had the best record in the NBA :lol:

Back to back best record in the NBA. :lol: But let them tell it.

Try pulling up that roster and looking at who was on that team. There's plenty of very good regular season teams that will never win a title, and those Cavs teams fit right in. That was the season where Shaq was supposed to "win a ring for the King". A washed Shaq. And Antwan Jamison was their 3rd best player.

Last edited:
Lezbihonest though... That Cavs team sucked without him. Like they were atrocious :lol: . It's pretty evident that there was no talent there outside of LeBron.

What about with the Heat then when he left a team that lost in the finals?

"Oh, he left to go win one with the land".

No, the dude left because he saw greener pastures in Cleveland.  Lebron's moves have been just as much a ***** move as KD's.  Stop trying to make one look worse than the other.

Well you asked specifically about when he left CLE. So that's what I was answering. I didn't even say anything about KD leaving being worse or better. But yes, that Heat team was fine. But they were also about to hit a low-point with Bosh's condition and with Wade playing the way he did in those finals everyone suspected him of being washed up. CLE was obviously more than just "one for the land" and I wouldn't doubt he left for a fresh slate.

I still could understand why people would view Durant's move as worse. You're leaving to join a team that, even after losing the finals, is still probably the favorite to win it all in the next season. Durant pretty much made himself look like a ring-chaser despite how frequently he has said that's not who he is. Maybe he just changed his mind. And that's fine. But as a bay area resident, I despise the new Warriors fans (proximity is a *****) and now hate Durant for making that bandwagon even bigger.

KD didn't do this!

Not 5, not 6, not 7.... :lol:

It amazes me how LeBron D-riders are trying to justify how KD decision is worse than this.

This dude literally had an hour special.... AN HOUR special for his announcement!

These guys had a event. They knew when assembling the team, it was Championship or bust.

If KD just played better in Game 6 and stopped turning over the ball in crucial moments. On a separate note does anyone think participation in Team USA might be a minor talking point when the new CBA comes along? I am thrilled when players want to play for Team USA but I could see some owners really wanting to prevent these star players from teaming up in meaningful games for Team USA against real competition when it seems like the Heat and the KD GSW stuff were birthed out of national team play.

Not 5, not 6, not 7.... :lol:

It amazes me how LeBron D-riders are trying to justify how KD decision is worse than this.

This dude literally had an hour special.... AN HOUR special for his announcement!

These guys had a event. They knew when assembling the team, it was Championship or bust.

This didn't bug me one bit. I barely paid much attention. I watch sports based on what's playing inside the lines.

My wife and her friends probably hated this though.

I don't care if Lebron is corny to people, his hairline is poor, he cries, his Instagram is weAk, etc.

I just care about what athletes do when it's game time.

Sports has become like TMZ to you guys.

what larry hughes boobie gibson mo williams shaq zydrunas :lol: :wow:  

Sometimes, people forget how team building was done in the early to mid 00s.

It was a star, a borderline star, and solid role players. Big 3 Celts, Shaq & Kobe Lakers were really the only teams to have multiple SUPERSTARS on their teams.

LeBron's Cavs weren't hurting for talent the way revisionist historians are making it seem. They were good enough, and Bron was good enough to win.

The Miami Big 3 changes the way team building was to be done for the next few years.

Can You Build a Superteam to Beat the Warriors?

https://theringer.com/building-a-super-team-to-beat-the-warriors-ad63f1f728eb#.9r2o2nt7c

$15 gets me:

LeBron ($7)
Kawhi ($5)
Deng ($1)
J.R. Smith ($1)
Bradley ($1)
Gimme

$5 CP0 to run the offense and be the pesky defender he is with all his annoying little tricks

$1 Wesley Matthews to do his 3&D routine

$5 Kawhi for that lockdown defense cuz we're gonna need it

$2 Porzingod for spacing at the 4 position, defense and catching lobs

$2 Gobert for defense defense defense rebounds defense

The common theme here seems to be defense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom