2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

You are right on that; as it stands now, he can make a max of 27.5 mill I believe. I heard he could make up to 31 somewhere else. 

But really, 3.5 mill isnt exactly breaking him.
How though?  If they already have 76.6M in salaries and the cap is $94, would the max he could get be around $18M unless they traded people?
I honestly don't know. 
laugh.gif
 It seems like it shouldn't be possible, but it must be built into the cap.

Someone smarter than me may have to weigh in on it specifically. But I do know that he can make a max of 27.5 this coming season, unless he signs long-term and it can jump to 31 mill.

Last edited:
View media item 2091920

I'm not a cap expert, but can someone explain to me why Lebron opted out?  From the above, it looks like the Cavs only have 18M to resign him so didn't he just take a paycut for no reason?  He hasn't been there 3 years so they wouldn't have his bird rights.  I'm just trying to figure out the business side of what he did because it seems like he screwed himself out of money unless I am missing something here.

After the new TV money, Tristan Thompson's contract seems reasonable.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stomach this goofy *** "what durant did was worse...okc was up 3-1" nonsense throughout next season. I hope these ****** run the table for the next 5 years just to see y'all drown in tears.

After the new TV money, Tristan Thompson's contract seems reasonable.

STEAL !

Carmelo AnthonyVerified account
‏@carmeloanthony
Surround yourself with people that make you smile #Brotherhood @KingJames #StayMelo

melo to Clev, confirmed ! :tongue:

Last edited:
Heads up for those who care,

I think jordan clarkson, julius randle, and nick young all are playing together at the drew this weekend

What do the Thunder do with all the cap space they now have available? Anyone nice left to sign? KD really hung them out to dry making his decision so late :smh:

Last edited:

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification.  Repped good sir.
Sorry, just to add a couple things.

Cavs have a cap hold on Lebron's number, which allow them to go over the cap threshold to sign him.

I think what you're suggesting would be true under a hard-cap, which has always been a contentious issue come negotiating a CBA. 

Frustration with Westbrook Sent Durant Fleeing, Opens Door to Trouble for NBA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-durant-fleeing-opens-door-to-trouble-for-nba

Welp welp welp.
Damn it, damn it.
mean.gif
I really didn't want it to come to that.
Durant wanted an offense that kept the ball moving and provided him easier scoring chances. The Thunder fired coach Scott Brooks, brought in Billy Donovan, and still the offense stalled out at key moments, often with Westbrook dribbling into oblivion. The Thunder led the NBA in blown fourth-quarter leads last season, despite their firepower.
"Ultimately he got frustrated and felt that they had plateaued," said a person with insight into Durant's thought process. "[Donovan] came in, and he still had the same issues that he had with Russ under Scotty. The offense didn't change much. He still had to take a ton of contested shots every game; and that's when he had the ball at all. 
"He's never going to have a game in Golden State where Steve Kerr has to say at halftime, 'You guys need to get Kevin the ball,' which happened in OKC," the same person said. 
Man...
mean.gif

The thing is...no one is wrong here. I get why he's frustrated. But ****, I hate that it ended like this.

Article has more proof of what most of us here already knew for years. Lockout coming. @SneakerPro you see it now or still being an elite contrarian bruh?

Last edited:
I feel like the Warriors are gonna make a run at Chase Budinger

if that happens, its blouses for the league

Hahahahaha, yeah, that's weak as hell. Jump on SA for a ring and fail, now you go to GS for the same. Weak as ****.

Back
Top Bottom