2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I should feel bad for OKC but honestly don't care lol.

If we beat this warriors team in 2017 finals, 90% of NT will implode [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I should feel bad for OKC but honestly don't care lol.

If we beat this warriors team in 2017 finals, 90% of NT will implode [emoji]128514[/emoji]
The GSW slander bus will never end. I would pay money to see it. Lebron has beaten KD before and has a winning record against him, dont see why he wouldnt in 2017.

Yall act like yall never lost a pickup game to a team that was running the court and even though you just called them all types of names and talked **** during the game, soon as you see one of their players go over to the bench and start changing out of his Nikes you run on the court like "ayo yall lost 1. Lemme run," to anyone from the winning team. It'd be nice to come right back and end their reign but it's too many Nexts down and I'm not trying to wait
Nope. **** ain't the same.
laugh.gif

Even in pickup basketball if you jumped on the team that's winning dudes would say lil jokes about you.
Nah. You're on their team now so it's, "yo kill him, he can't hold you," "good move boi" even though last game we was about to throw hands and you said I travel every time.
laugh.gif
It do always be that one dude on the other team (seems like it might be Klay) who be tryna block you from joining though. Standing at the top of the key like, "Yo check ball, hey what you doing"
"Craig left man, he said I could have his spot,"
"Nah man we get to pick who takes his place. We need a rebounder *yells across gym& Yo big man! You running?! Cmon you with us. Ay we good man,"
"Yo man I can rebound..."
then relegates you to that whole cycle of yo who got next, ay you got 5, can I run, who after you? Ayo you got 5? Who got downs after you?

Used to hate this ****.
laugh.gif

Nah. You're on their team now so it's, "yo kill him, he can't hold you," "good move boi" even though last game we was about to throw hands and you said I travel every time. :lol: It do always be that one dude on the other team (seems like it might be Klay) who be tryna block you from joining though. Standing at the top of the key like, "Yo check ball, hey what you doing"
"Craig left man, he said I could have his spot,"
"Nah man we get to pick who takes his place. We need a rebounder *yells across gym& Yo big man! You running?! Cmon you with us. Ay we good man,"
"Yo man I can rebound..."
then relegates you to that whole cycle of yo who got next, ay you got 5, can I run, who after you? Ayo you got 5? Who got downs after you?

View media item 2091893

Used to hate this ****.:lol:
The main gym had this old school head who everyone respected and was the only one who could keep order, he'd make us bring out the clock and the downboard (clipboard where you sign up for net 1.2.3.4.5 line then next 5). It still had it's loopholes, cats would sign a name that doesn't exist then when Ralph wasn't there grab Durant off the sides to run with them (should have skipped and the next name moved up, unless that 5 wanted to stay in tact the next willing participant to jump up and take this earlier flight is welcome). And when it got real deep, dudes would sign their name then sign on again a few games down before even playing that first game just in case, or kats yelling from on the court while losing, "ayo put my name down again." Man I miss all that ****.

That Westbrook article was meh, I learned more at the bottom seeing all those signings I didn't know happened. It seems easy in sports to just write articles and just say a source said, a person close to the situation said. Without names, why do I believe it is more than you just validating your own opinion #Broussard.

Last edited:
Lebron left to play with certain people and so did KD. The circumstances surrounding which team was worse or better when they left doesn't matter. They did the same thing. Peoople still wanna give Lebron a pass for that.

OKC shot themselves in the *** by being so cheap. They should have never let harden and others leave.
I find it disingenuous that what KD did is somehow worse than what LeBron did.

KD almost beat da GSW, up 3-1...and da GSW are a 73-9 team before he got there...
Irrelevant.

I won't repeat myself.

It's not irrelevant, no matter how emphatically you say otherwise :lol:

Westbrook gets blamed for everything
laugh.gif

I've sat and watched games were KD basically nutted up and made horrible decisions, but time after time all the headlines read is that Westbrook needs to play better and limit his mistakes.
Westbrook was always his meat shield for any slander (sometimes Russ did deserve them but it was always Russ's fault)

KD is Teflon to slander  

KD shot what, 24% from 3 In the playoffs. He made as many doofus plays as Westbrook.

And the OKC fanbase is going nowhere. For one, season ticket holders already had to renew :lol: by the end of last season to get your playoff tickets. Past that, the waiting list is over 5,000 names deep (sure some people will be calling and getting off but still had to pay like 30 bucks to get on or something, it's called the True Blue Clup) and then on top of that 75% of the arena is season ticket owned so that's always going to be sold, whether attended or not.

They might have or need to lower ticket prices though. They have been going up steadily since I got in 09/10 season.

Last edited:
I have zero problem with KD leaving OKC...hes a free agent thats his right if he went to Boston, Miami, LITERALLY anyone else there would be no problem. I don't see how some people can compare this to Bron leaving Cleveland the first time.

Yea KD came up quite small as well in those last 3 games.
Assuming Westbrook doesn't get traded before the season starts I'm almost positive OKC vs GS will be opening night.

Westbrook gets blamed for everything :lol:
I've sat and watched games where KD basically nutted up and made horrible decisions, but time after time all the headlines read is that Westbrook needs to play better and limit his mistakes.

So Westbrook isn't a ball dominant chucker? At the PG position I might add.

So another lockout coming ? :nerd: I don't understand the point of them.
The small market teams claim nobody wants to play for them and want to keep superstars away from the big market teams.
Superstars didn't go to la or to New York or to Miami.
Nobody wants to play for the small market teams because the management is incompetent .
warriors BUILT that team
Spurs BUILT their team
Cavs built their team for the most part. (Kyrie traded for love and Lebron went BACK)
If there's a lockout because small market team owners want a hard cap Ima be annoyed :smh:

My point is being a big market team making a splash in free agency has proven nothing in the last few years.

Last edited:
I feel like we just placed KD on too high of a pedestal...we expected way too much out of this man. As a Bron fan I viewed KD as the only player that is on Bron's level but now I can't even respect him. If the whole "Eastern conference is weak" narrative rings true why he didn't go to a team in the Eastern conference. Mentally KD is fragile...Im talking butter soft.

Back
Top Bottom