2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

So another lockout coming ? :nerd: I don't understand the point of them.
The small market teams claim nobody wants to play for them and want to keep superstars away from the big market teams.
Superstars didn't go to la or to New York or to Miami.
Nobody wants to play for the small market teams because the management is incompetent .
warriors BUILT that team
Spurs BUILT their team
Cavs built their team for the most part. (Kyrie traded for love and Lebron went BACK)
If there's a lockout because small market team owners want a hard cap Ima be annoyed :smh:

My point is being a big market team making a splash in free agency has proven nothing in the last few years.

They'll be a lockout because of the owner's incompetence in accounting for how the cap spike would position these already great teams to add more.

So another lockout coming ? :nerd: I don't understand the point of them.
The small market teams claim nobody wants to play for them and want to keep superstars away from the big market teams.
Superstars didn't go to la or to New York or to Miami.
Nobody wants to play for the small market teams because the management is incompetent .
warriors BUILT that team
Spurs BUILT their team
Cavs built their team for the most part. (Kyrie traded for love and Lebron went BACK)
If there's a lockout because small market team owners want a hard cap Ima be annoyed :smh:

My point is being a big market team making a splash in free agency has proven nothing in the last few years.

big market, small market, what matters is sometimes its good to get a little lucky with your draft picks (i.e. Draymond Green).

Markets don't matter as much as before. As one of the clowns in here stated and was so proud of, the Bockers are the most expensive franchise in the NBA, but that got them 40+ wins three times since 2000. Means nothing.

Spurs are an outlier. The planets were aligned perfectly for them.

I feel like we just placed KD on too high of a pedestal...we expected way too much out of this man. As a Bron fan I viewed KD as the only player that is on Bron's level but now I can't even respect him. If the whole "Eastern conference is weak" narrative rings true why he didn't go to a team in the Eastern conference. Mentally KD is fragile...Im talking butter soft.

KD deserved to be on that pedestal, although not long ago, so many were caping for KD talking about best player in the world nonsense.

Next season idk if I'll ever root harder for any one athlete than I will for Russ man. Articles already popping up about he's the reason KD left smh

Next season idk if I'll ever root harder for any one athlete than I will for Russ man. Articles already popping up about he's the reason KD left smh

It's going to be a sight to see, like when Goku 1st went SSJ3. The usage and stat lines are going to be historic.

bruhhh I'd be like get the **** off my property b before you catch these hands. it's just basketball *****, dont make this **** get real for you.

gang gang gang gang gang..

come on, KD ain't putting no hands on anybody.

That dude would have ate him for lunch

I'm not a cap expert, but can someone explain to me why Lebron opted out?  From the above, it looks like the Cavs only have 18M to resign him so didn't he just take a paycut for no reason?  He hasn't been there 3 years so they wouldn't have his bird rights.  I'm just trying to figure out the business side of what he did because it seems like he screwed himself out of money unless I am missing something here.

historically inefficient

he's gonna channel his inner Kobe
smokin.gif
...and is inner Melo, by missing the playoffs and focus on fashion
smokin.gif

I'm not a cap expert, but can someone explain to me why Lebron opted out?  From the above, it looks like the Cavs only have 18M to resign him so didn't he just take a paycut for no reason?  He hasn't been there 3 years so they wouldn't have his bird rights.  I'm just trying to figure out the business side of what he did because it seems like he screwed himself out of money unless I am missing something here.
Cavs will go into luxury. They had the highest payroll in the league last year.

Just depends on how much Dan Gilbert wants to be taxed. It's dollar for dollar above the cap I believe.

Lebron opts out so he can maximize his deal each year, put pressure on the Cavs to make moves to facilitate winning, and leave himself options. It's risky having, but he is essentially betting on himself.

Last edited:

Cavs will go into luxury. They had the highest payroll in the league last year.

Just depends on how much Dan Gilbert wants to be taxed. It's dollar for dollar above the cap I believe.
Yeah, but I thought they couldn't go over the cap to re-sign him though since they don't have his bird rights?  Unless there is some rule that I am missing.

You are right on that; as it stands now, he can make a max of 27.5 mill I believe. I heard he could make up to 31 somewhere else. 

But really, 3.5 mill isnt exactly breaking him.

The NBA cap is pretty tricky to understand. Especially when compared to the NHL one. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

You are right on that; as it stands now, he can make a max of 27.5 mill I believe. I heard he could make up to 31 somewhere else. 

But really, 3.5 mill isnt exactly breaking him.
How though?  If they already have 76.6M in salaries and the cap is $94, would the max he could get be around $18M unless they traded people?

Back
Top Bottom