2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Him leaving would break this city's heart. I think he has surpassed Marino as Miami's most beloved athlete of all time.
Exactly. Sure, that extra ring would be sweet, but he's got nothing left to prove with them. I hope he stays, man.

Extremely for a guy who has never made an all-star game

Horford is making $29M a year.

Regardless of if he made an all-star game or not, you're not going to tell me an ASG is the reason why BOS is not getting as much flack as MEM

I guess Memphis could have just blew it up and got into the tanking business with the other 10-12 teams in the NBA. How great would that have turned out :lol:
Horford is overpaid too. But 30Ms for Conley though is abysmal, especially next to 23Ms for Parsons. 2 guys approaching 30 with no all star games coming off season ending injuries (wings with microfractures don't have a good history of recovery). We both better get into college ball, oir teams going to be borderline lottery bottom half of WC playoff picture for the foreseeable future

Wade makes cryptic tweet about relationships.
Joe Lull (broke news of Dan's plane flying to Miami) tweets flight tracker of plane from Ft. Lauderdale to Cleveland.
A friend of Wade tweets that "All of Miami is going to puke...". One of the Heat beat reporters then chimes in.
Austin Carr's son states on Facebook that Wade to Cleveland is done.
Jordan Schultz reports talks between Cavs and Wade are in preliminary stages.
Brian Windhorst tweets that Wade has cancelled several free agency meetings scheduled for this week.
Ethan Skolnick tweets that Wade is still outside the country on vacation.
The Cavs follow Dwyane Wade and his wife, Gabrielle Union, on Twitter. Wade follows the Cavs, LeBron and JR Smith on Instagram.

as the world turns ......

dwade aint even in the usa :D

so you saying wade is playing miami for more money?

He did a similar routine last year. Was sending out snapchats with Rihanna's "***** Better Have My Money" playing in the background. His pops came out wearing a Cleveland shirt. Hopefully he's just playing the game...

Extremely for a guy who has never made an all-star game

Was just about to say.

You know how hard it is to not make 1 all star game, even as an alternate? A high chapter guy too?

But what choice did Memphis have? Not really a hot bed for big free agents. They had to sign him

Lebron left to play with certain people and so did KD. The circumstances surrounding which team was worse or better when they left doesn't matter. They did the same thing. Peoople still wanna give Lebron a pass for that.

OKC shot themselves in the *** by being so cheap. They should have never let harden and others leave.
I find it disingenuous that what KD did is somehow worse than what LeBron did.

KD almost beat da GSW, up 3-1...and da GSW are a 73-9 team before he got there...
Irrelevant.

I won't repeat myself.

Facts that sound ******ed. Have either of you ever participated in organized sports not just pick up in the park w/strangers? :lol:

Doesn't really matter.  Both players a ******* for joining super teams to win a championship.  I don't care how you try to rationalize it.
LOL, ain't nobody tryna rationalize ish! I didn't root for Miami and wont be rooting for GS.

Yall act like yall never lost a pickup game to a team that was running the court and even though you just called them all tyoes of nanes and talked **** during the game, soon as you see one of their players go over to the bench and start changing our of his Nikes you run on the court like "ayo yall lost 1. Lemme run," to anyone from the winning team. It'd be next to come right back and end their reign but it's too many Nexts down and I'm not trying to wait

#FACTS

:rofl:
Facts that sound ******ed. Have either of you ever participated in organized sports not just pick up in the park w/strangers? :lol:
yea man had Moms switch us achool districts so I could get on a good squad (preAAU). These suburbs boys, we obviously had better facilities and all that, but kats was lacking some type of heart or immeasurable competitive attribute that made us lose to teams from "the other side of the track " every time. Walked up in the church gym that next summer like yo lets kill those rich mfs from tbe hill
:rofl:

Horford is overpaid too. But 30Ms for Conley though is abysmal, especially next to 23Ms for Parsons. 2 guys approaching 30 with no all star games coming off season ending injuries (wings with microfractures don't have a good history of recovery). We both better get into college ball, oir teams going to be borderline lottery bottom half of WC playoff picture for the foreseeable future

I don't see a heathy Memphis team being at the bottom for at least another two years and even then...

1) someone got to develop on the team
2) Memphis should still have money next off-season to sign another FA with the cap going up

The cap is projected to be at $108M next off-season and we will only have $83M in committed salaries. Even if we decide to keep TA and ZBO on board after their contract expire, I'm sure both will be willing to take a paycut if we are able to sign another player for big money.

Last edited:
Yall act like yall never lost a pickup game to a team that was running the court and even though you just called them all types of names and talked **** during the game, soon as you see one of their players go over to the bench and start changing out of his Nikes you run on the court like "ayo yall lost 1. Lemme run," to anyone from the winning team. It'd be nice to come right back and end their reign but it's too many Nexts down and I'm not trying to wait

Nope. **** ain't the same. :lol:

Even in pickup basketball if you jumped on the team that's winning dudes would say lil jokes about you.

This would be a good year for okc to start a rebuild. It's supposed to be a good draft and you probably don't need to lose that many games since philly is no longer lowering the bar for everyone. Looking up and down the conferences, nearly every team in the league should conceivably be getting better this season

Last edited:
Dwyane, you got 3 rings, man. Just finish your career in Miami so you can say that's who you played for your whole career.
Meaningless sentiment.

Cats ain't satisfied with Reggie Miller careers. Ask Paul Pierce. Not to mention you can always pull a KG.

Last edited:
Considering DWade has never been the highest paid player as a member of the Miami Heat......I don't blame him for wanting his money now.

This would be a good year for okc to start a rebuild. It's supposed to be a good draft and you probably don't need to lose that many games since philly is no longer lowering the bar for everyone. Looking up and down the conferences, nearly every team in the league should conceivably be getting better this season

the problem is though, with the current roster, they still win around 45 games. Worst place to be. You either need to suck, or be good in the league. Being in the middle doesn't help

Dwyane, you got 3 rings, man. Just finish your career in Miami so you can say that's who you played for your whole career.
Meaningless sentiment.

Cats ain't satisfied with Reggie Miller careers. Ask Paul Pierce. Not to mention you can always pull a KG.
Reggie didn't win though. Boston fans love Paul and KG. Heck Minny will build a KG statue. Staying with your team in bad times definitely means something to fans.

I get why Wade feel's slighted. He's put that franchise before himself so many times.

his fault though. This is business. He expects Miami to sacrifice the next 6-8 years for him?

All you gotta do is see what happened to the Lakers with Kobe the past couple of years.

Miami doesn't want that

I get why Wade feel's slighted. He's put that franchise before himself so many times.
his fault though. This is business. He expects Miami to sacrifice the next 6-8 years for him?

All you gotta do is see what happened to the Lakers with Kobe the past couple of years.

Miami doesn't want that
Fair enough, which is why I respect him putting himself first here and going out and seeking the deal he wants.

laugh.gif

Yall act like yall never lost a pickup game to a team that was running the court and even though you just called them all types of names and talked **** during the game, soon as you see one of their players go over to the bench and start changing out of his Nikes you run on the court like "ayo yall lost 1. Lemme run," to anyone from the winning team. It'd be nice to come right back and end their reign but it's too many Nexts down and I'm not trying to wait

Nope. **** ain't the same. :lol:

Even in pickup basketball if you jumped on the team that's winning dudes would say lil jokes about you.
Nah. You're on their team now so it's, "yo kill him, he can't hold you," "good move boi" even though last game we was about to throw hands and you said I travel every time. :lol: It do always be that one dude on the other team (seems like it might be Klay) who be tryna block you from joining though. Standing at the top of the key like, "Yo check ball, hey what you doing"
"Craig left man, he said I could have his spot,"
"Nah man we get to pick who takes his place. We need a rebounder *yells across gym& Yo big man! You running?! Cmon you with us. Ay we good man,"
"Yo man I can rebound..."
then relegates you to that whole cycle of yo who got next, ay you got 5, can I run, who after you? Ayo you got 5? Who got downs after you?

Back
Top Bottom