2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Local radio guy saying If OKC wants a commitment from Russ without a long term deal that hinders his earning potential, they just sign him now to a 2 yr with player option.

It also gives them another year to show the League they can still compete, and then next year is flooded with FA's in which they can go after for Russ

They can't sign him to a 1+1 like that right now can they?

you can go over to sign your current players. but they would not have been able to offer KD his money without shedding bogut's contract first. bogut was not a free agent, he still had yrs left on his deal
ezeli was a restricted free agent, but the rescinded his offer and his cap hold to make room for KD

The business side is crazy AF... I see now why players get moved even tho they seem like a crazy good fit for the team.

EDIT:

Thanks again dman14 dman14 for the info.

Last edited:
CmnkiKUWEAEL1nm.jpg

**** :lol:

Yall act like yall never lost a pickup game to a team that was running the court and even though you just called them all types of names and talked **** during the game, soon as you see one of their players go over to the bench and start changing out of his Nikes you run on the court like "ayo yall lost 1. Lemme run," to anyone from the winning team. It'd be nice to come right back and end their reign but it's too many Nexts down and I'm not trying to wait

Last edited:
You guys said it yesterday...the Thunder have morphed into the ultimate "what if..?" team. :smh: It all starts with the Harden trade and concludes with 3-1 debacle in the WCF. Man.

Might a bigger "what if" team than Shaq and Penny. Gotta feel for those fans.

Oh well they shoulda stayed in Seattle anyway.

Hopefully Westbrook leaves OKC as well. They should've stayed in Seattle.

“D-Wade is getting that Kobe deal,” James said from the next locker.
Wade, knowing the gravity of this issue, smiled and shook his head. Then he gave a more diplomatic answer.

“When I get into that position, it’s something I’ll think about,” Wade said. “You have to sit down at the time and see what is best for you and for your team.”
- December 2013

Been a long time coming.

Yall act like yall never lost a pickup game to a team that was running the court and even though you just called them all tyoes of nanes and talked **** during the game, soon as you see one of their players go over to the bench and start changing our of his Nikes you run on the court like "ayo yall lost 1. Lemme run," to anyone from the winning team. It'd be next to come right back and end their reign but it's too many Nexts down and I'm not trying to wait

#FACTS

:rofl:

OKC fading into oblivion will never happen though.
Even on a rebuild these guys will remain Playoff threats even if Russ is moved.
OKC will never "tank"

OKC will never "tank"
Lol tell that to Orlando, New Orleans, Cleveland, Los Angeles in years past.

Facts that sound ******ed. Have either of you ever participated in organized sports not just pick up in the park w/strangers?
laugh.gif
Doesn't really matter.  Both players a ******* for joining super teams to win a championship.  I don't care how you try to rationalize it.

d wade 2 yrs/53 mill IF they can move mcroberts, reading they r having trouble fining a taker for mcroberts

anyone else hear this ?

looking like lebron dwade and co. are trollin them internets :smh:

although this would be a nice wai to stick it to pat by makin this all look serious :rofl:

Y'all hearing Wade wants 50 mil? That's crazy

After seeing these other awful contracts like Deng, Moz and Parsons. Wade's demands aren't even bad and I've been ******** on Wade for the last 2-3 years hard.

OKC will never "tank"

I don't even know if the Thunder will be in OKC in the next 10 years. That whole fanbase gonna disappear once Russ is gone in a few months.

Wade is 34 years old isn't the same Wade as 2006-2012. I really don't think he'd help Lebron much.

Wade is 34 years old isn't the same Wade as 2006-2012. I really don't think he'd help Lebron much.
did u not see what RJ did in the finals? even dahntay jones changed the momentum of the gm.
these guys gonna juice up like crazy

d wade 2 yrs/53 mill IF they can move mcroberts, reading they r having trouble fining a taker for mcroberts

anyone else hear this ?

looking like lebron dwade and co. are trollin them internets :smh:

although this would be a nice wai to stick it to pat by makin this all look serious :rofl:

"hey bron, i'm gonna act like i am going to sign with ya and the cavs so the heat bump up their offer. you cool with that?"

Last edited:
Wade makes cryptic tweet about relationships.
Joe Lull (broke news of Dan's plane flying to Miami) tweets flight tracker of plane from Ft. Lauderdale to Cleveland.
A friend of Wade tweets that "All of Miami is going to puke...". One of the Heat beat reporters then chimes in.
Austin Carr's son states on Facebook that Wade to Cleveland is done.
Jordan Schultz reports talks between Cavs and Wade are in preliminary stages.
Brian Windhorst tweets that Wade has cancelled several free agency meetings scheduled for this week.
Ethan Skolnick tweets that Wade is still outside the country on vacation.
The Cavs follow Dwyane Wade and his wife, Gabrielle Union, on Twitter. Wade follows the Cavs, LeBron and JR Smith on Instagram.

as the world turns ......

dwade aint even in the usa :D

It really is a shame what is happening to OKC. I always felt, from top to bottom since last season, they had the best group of players.

If I was Dwyane and see Conley getting the biggest deal in NBA history, I'd demand an extravagant contract, too. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom