2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

It's obvious to me that Wade to the Cavs is gonna happen...but how can it happen money wise without Wade having to take a massive pay cut?

bron giving wade a 3+1yr deal
they got a lot out of a 36yo RJ, lets see if wade can turn back time. he did ball hard this yr in the playoffs

It's obvious to me that Wade to the Cavs is gonna happen...but how can it happen money wise without Wade having to take a massive pay cut?

if bron takes a paycut :lol: :wow:
then again, his nba salary aint nothing when it comes to endorsements

View media item 2091823

Last edited:
Dudes trippin... Bosh at Toronto was a STUD. He damn near averaged 30 and 10 in his prime.

Skimming through the NBA and actin like they really know this ****... :smh:

He ain't never come close to averaging 30. :lol: Stop.

Bosh was a really good player in Toronto. Him and Pau were basically the same. Really good players but not franchise dudes. Except Pau got better playing with Kobe and Bosh had to fall back playing with Lebron.

Nobody was calling Golden State a super team before the 2014 NBA season. I don't care how many games they won last year.

This **** might really start a trend though. Jumping to a team that just beat you is the weakest thing you can do as a athlete but if GS wins 2 or 3 rings some of these younger dudes might say **** it and do the same thing. :lol: We might see dudes losing to each other in the finals then find some way to team up.

Definitely. It's a new era and new breed.
It reminds me of like a big corporation eliminating their competition by buying them out.
Verizon doesn't go head to head with an AT&T without trying to buy them out every quarter, first.
Crazy. Crazy.

Can someone knowledgeable please explain the LUXURY TAX situation to me... I'm always intrigued by the business side but near really understood it.

The Cavs had to pay 56 million in luxury taxes last season... So does that mean the completely ignored the cap and just signed who they wanted?

Also, upon acquiring KD it was stated that the Warriors absolutely had to move Barnes & Bogut to make space for the cap... Why can't the Warriors just resign Bogut and pay luxury taxes?

What am I missing here?

Last edited:
You guys said it yesterday...the Thunder have morphed into the ultimate "what if..?" team. :smh: It all starts with the Harden trade and concludes with 3-1 debacle in the WCF. Man.

Might a bigger "what if" team than Shaq and Penny. Gotta feel for those fans.

Oh well they shoulda stayed in Seattle anyway.

Can someone knowledgeable please explain the LUXURY TAX situation to me... I'm always intrigued by the business side but near really understood it.

The Cavs had to pay 56 million in luxury taxes last season... So does that mean the completely ignored the cap and just signed who they wanted?

Also, upon acquiring KD it was stated that the Warriors absolutely had to move Barnes & Bogut to make space for the cap... Why can't the Warriors just resign Bogut and pay luxury taxes?

What am I missing here?

you go over the cap, you pay a percentage for every dollar back to the league
say the cap is at 50M, and your salaries is 60M and the tax is 50pct. that team has to pay 50c to the dollar on the additional 10M

Last edited:
CmnkiKUWEAEL1nm.jpg

say the cap is at 50M, and your salaries is 60M and the tax is 50pct. that team has to pay 50pct on the additional 10M

So technically a team can go over the cap as high as they want as long as they pay luxury taxes?

Maybe we should've kept Bogut then... :smh:

THANKS for the info bro. :nthat:

Last edited:
Can someone knowledgeable please explain the LUXURY TAX situation for me... I'm always intrigued by the business side but near really understood it.

The Cavs had to pay 56 million in luxury taxes last season... So does that mean the completey ignored the cap and just signed who they wanted?

Also, upon acquiring KD it was stated that they absolutley had to move Barnes & Bogut to make space for the cap... Why can't the Warriors just resign Bogut and pay luxury taxes?

What am I missing here?
say the cap is at 50M, and your salaries is 60M and the tax is 50pct. that team has to pay 50pct on the additional 10M

So technically a team can go over the cap as high as they want as long as they pay luxury taxes?

Maybe we should've kept Bogut then... :smh:

you can go over to sign your current players. but they would not have been able to offer KD his money without shedding bogut's contract first. bogut was not a free agent, he still had yrs left on his deal
ezeli was a restricted free agent, but the rescinded his offer and his cap hold to make room for KD. by rescinding, ezeli is now a unrestricted free agent and free to go wherever he chooses

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom