2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

lakers better not do what the knicks for melo when he wanted to come home. they should wait it out and then sign him. no need to be giving away talent and picks when he is coming home
lakers gave mozgov a fat contract. they stupid enough to do that. 

you right that curry dray and klay> wade and bosh 

you really underrating bosh though. numbers arent everything. 

i don't like Bosh. Nice offensive game, but laughable on defense. Watching him and Dirk play D is comical.

Bosh at Toronto = Love at Minny

Both like lettuce in a salad. Taste good but no nutritional value whatsoever.

roll.gif
This is straight up comedy. Dude is really in his feelings. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i don't like Bosh. Nice offensive game, but laughable on defense. Watching him and Dirk play D is comical.

Bosh at Toronto = Love at Minny

Both like lettuce in a salad. Taste good but no nutritional value whatsoever.
no way. bosh was no way like love on defense. i dont think you really saw bosh play. dude played d.  bosh> love by far. 

Last edited:
when i think of winning i think of championships . 

you don't go from zero to 100 immediately. Gotta build it.

You don't stick a women without getting her ready, do you? You go straight for the kill?

I also think of championships when i think of the Lakers. i have the utmost respect for them. Best organization in sports. All they care about is championships.

But it needs to start somewhere.

Getting Russ with make other FA come. Nobody wants to be that first star to commit. League is full of pansies who want to jump on established teams. No names being mentioned

no way. bosh was no way like love on defense. i dont think you really saw bosh play. dude played d.  bosh> love by far. 

Not comparing Bosh to Love on defense at all. I'm just comparing them as players when they were THE man on those teams.

Put them on good teams, and the stats come down. Both were overrated at their first stop.

Bosh was terrible on D in Toronto. TERRIBLE. I use to just watch him on defense in Toronto. Straight lulz. That video someone showed of Randle the other day? Someone should have done one for Bosh. He was atrocious.

He improved on Miami. He had no choice.

Is Westbrook someone league wide regarded as I can't wait to play with him? He's usually considered to blame for OKCs failures. KD is still teflon to the criticism so people will assume Westbrook sabotaged that relationship and the 3 - 1 lead on the Dubs

So what's the deal with Dwyane Wade and Cleveland?

The Internet exploded Monday with rumors that Dwyane Wade was on a plane with LeBron James and Dan Gilbert, possibly to consummate a deal.

The Herald has researched this, however, and can confidently shoot that down.

Wade has been in Spain, and was scheduled to fly back early this (Tuesday) afternoon, East

Now, that doesn't mean everything is great with the Heat.

Wade and the Heat are still at an impasse, and have not agreed to the deal the Heat has offered.

That deal (2 years, $40 million with a second-year option) is the same that the Mavericks have agreed upon with franchise cornerstone Dirk Nowitzki.

Wade, however, is nearly three years younger.

So what's happening and what's next?

Here's what the Herald has learned, from speaking to a variety of sources over the past 24 hours:

-- Wade and the Heat are not on great terms. That is coming from both sides. "Ugly" has been the common descriptor. Wade did not feel like the Heat prioritized him.... again. The Heat wanted Wade to be patient, while it was securing Hassan Whiteside and trying to land Kevin Durant.

-- Wade will take his time to make a decision. It may not be in next day or so. It is fully expected that he will take meetings once back in the United States.

-- The Bucks' meeting, set for Wednesday, is currently off. But everything is subject to change.

-- Wade wants a third season. The Heat is concerned about the implications of the over-36 rule (but that didn't stop the Mavericks with Nowitzki; greater explanation of that to come).

-- And yes, joining LeBron James in Cleveland is an option. Among a few still, and "a long shot" due to the economics, according to a source, but definitely an option. The Cavaliers don't currently have anything other than the taxpayer mid-level to offer ($3.48 million), which would be a huge reduction in pay. So they would need to make multiple deals to accommodate more salary. Or James would need to take a historically large cut, which wouldn't sit well with the players' union, but maybe he doesn't care about that. He repeatedly told me, when I was covering the Cavaliers during the 2014-15 season, how much he missed Wade. That may be priceless.

But Heat fans should be concerned.

This is officially more dangerous than last season. It's two offseasons of bad feelings.

And for Wade, my perception -- based on knowledge of him and my recent reporting -- is that it will come down to whether he puts the biggest premium on winning and friendship (and can also stick it to the Heat in the process) by choosing Cleveland, or whether he wants to take the most money from a place like Denver.

The Heat appear to be somewhere in the middle.

Miami, which has lost two starters already, may not be a championship contender even with Wade.

And Wade may still be able to get more money, or years, elsewhere.

So yes, the fans may be the ones squashed.
http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2016/07/so-whats-the-deal-with-dwyane-wade-and-cleveland.html

Not comparing Bosh to Love on defense at all. I'm just comparing them as players when they were THE man on those teams.

Put them on good teams, and the stats come down. Both were overrated at their first stop.

Bosh was terrible on D in Toronto. TERRIBLE. I use to just watch him on defense in Toronto. Straight lulz. That video someone showed of Randle the other day? Someone should have done one for Bosh. He was atrocious.

He improved on Miami. He had no choice.

I'm a Raptor guy, I watched every single game of his career in Toronto.

You are laughably wrong.

Either

A) you didn't actually watch Bosh Toronto.

B) You were under the influence of various psychotropic drugs when you watched those games.

C) You don't know anything about basketball.

:lol:

Last edited:

You are laughably wrong.

Either

B) You were under the influence of various psychotropic drugs when you watched those games.

:lol:

All 3 then, ok? Feel better?

Bosh was terrible on defense in Toronto, TERRIBLE.

Cleveland can't pay Wade unless they make a bunch of trades or Lebby doesn't sign for the max

Doesn't sound like Miami wants to offer Wade more years, but I bet they eventually concede on that

Hmmmmmmmm

You are laughably wrong.

Either

laugh.gif
agreed. trying to act like bosh was an atrocious defender and was irrelevant to miami winning titles the same way k love was irrelevant to cle winning this is year is what it laughable. 

agreed. trying to act like bosh was an atrocious defender and was irrelevant to miami winning titles the same way k love was irrelevant to cle winning this is year is what it laughable. 

when did i say he was irrelevant? I said he was a piece to the puzzle. ZERO points in game 7 of the series against the Spurs. What more do you need? You know how hard it is to score ZERO in a game?

Facts.

when did i say he was irrelevant? I said he was a piece to the puzzle. ZERO points in game 7 of the series against the Spurs. What more do you need? You know how hard it is to score ZERO in a game?

Facts.
hes the third option. he did other things great other then  score. draymond green doesnt always score a bunch of points but it doesnt mean anything because there is more to basketball then scoring points. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom