2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

If I am OKC I think long and hard about trading Westbrook for the nets 1st round this year and next year as well as other assets from the celtics.  At this point they just need to get assets and rebuild out of Westbrook.  Keep Adams and Olidipo since they are young, but trade everyone else for picks or young players.

How do the OKC fans feel about all of this? I wasn't on enough yesterday to see the responses.

Do you trust Presti to rebuild another elite squad?
We can stay in the playoffs, in that purgatory good enough to make it and get a round or 2 but not be contenders but still drafting in tbe 2oa because we aren't nad enough range.

Nobody is going to draft Durant, Harden, Ibaka, even Reggie Jackson was a borderline all star in consecutive years again. To be improving but still yanking collecting talent is difficult. Maybe Minnesota or Milwaukee is close.

Best package you could get of young players and picks would probably be from the Lakers but why do they five up anything when he can just come this summer in free agency? Of course, we said the same about the Knicks and Melo

CmnDkpAVMAEtK-5.jpg:large

who mans is this?

which is why i said he wouldn't stay in SA. They aint winning a ring. So by him staying there would mean he just gave up money for no good reason.

He has to chase the ring at this point. No going back
Gotcha. Yeah I don't think SAS have a chance this year unfortunately...

If I am OKC I think long and hard about trading Westbrook for the nets 1st round this year and next year as well as other assets from the celtics.  At this point they just need to get assets and rebuild out of Westbrook.  Keep Adams and Olidipo since they are young, but trade everyone else for picks or young players.

THE NETS?!?!?!?!

You think Russ is going to sign a long term deal with the Nets?

You gotta remember, any team that trades for him is hoping to lock him up.

OKC isn't running this show. Russ is in command and will dictate what truly will happen

Lance played well last season for LAC and MEM, would like to see him go back to Indy. They would have a fun team at the very least to watch

I would like for us to get him back now that we've signed Parsons. We still have $8M in cap remaining. Move off VC and it'll be around $10M. I'll just like to see how Lance would do with a full roster of competent NBA players and not a bunch of D League guys from last season :lol: .

it is relevant though. I'm going to go here and win a ring with my boys and do it together, or i'm going to jump on the established champs and pretend I was the reason they have another ring? At this point, KD is like help. He's the dude who came in to cut the beautiful lawn of a big estate, but going to act like he's the one that made the estate

Hate both guys, yes, but you can't pretend it isn't a completely different circumstances. Forget the fact that Cleveland was NEVER going to win pre-Miami, and KD was 48 minutes away. Hell, 12 minutes away, from beating the team he now feels so apart of.
point is both are cheap ways to win titles. sorry but i dont see one better then the other. 

How do the OKC fans feel about all of this? I wasn't on enough yesterday to see the responses.

Do you trust Presti to rebuild another elite squad?
I've heard if there was a draft to tank, it would be next year's draft. Giles, Jackson, Fultz, Tatum.

it is relevant though. I'm going to go here and win a ring with my boys and do it together, or i'm going to jump on the established champs and pretend I was the reason they have another ring? At this point, KD is like help. He's the dude who came in to cut the beautiful lawn of a big estate, but going to act like he's the one that made the estate

Hate both guys, yes, but you can't pretend it isn't a completely different circumstances. Forget the fact that Cleveland was NEVER going to win pre-Miami, and KD was 48 minutes away. Hell, 12 minutes away, from beating the team he now feels so apart of.
point is both are cheap ways to win titles. sorry but i dont see one better then the other. 

Getting Jerry West to colude to give away Pau was cheap too though.

Last edited:
I love the Gerald Henderson signing for the Sixers. Cheap two year deal that gives them another good guy in the locker room with experience and shooting ability to put next to Simmons.

there were no guarantees, but pretty safe to say the GSW was more of a guarantee, which equals the easier way out.

I'd rather win a ring with a bunch of dudes who are as hungry as me and want to get that experience.

KD is like that new money in a group of rich dudes.

He joined the odds on favorite going into next year. What an easy decision

Lebron MADE Miami the odds on favorite, because of HIM.

But hey, we can ignore that. Its cool.

I don't know how anyone could expect Lebron to stay in Cleveland the first time. They tried hard to get him help. Bosh and Amare both said no his last season, at trade deadline, because why? Because of ONE word: CLEVELAND. What was a man supposed to do?

In my opinion, OKC was as good, if not better, than GSW. And with the addition of Oladipo, they look even stronger. Could have given them one more shot. He was doing a 1+1 regardless.

THE NETS?!?!?!?!

You think Russ is going to sign a long term deal with the Nets?

You gotta remember, any team that trades for him is hoping to lock him up.

OKC isn't running this show. Russ is in command and will dictate what truly will happen
Celtics own the nets picks for the next 2 years......

Celtics own the nets picks for the next 2 years......

not sure you are understanding. ANY team that gets Russ is gonna want to feel like they have a good shot at signing him.

Aint no damn way Russ is agreeing to a 4 year max deal with the Nets in the off season.

So the Nets would be making a mistake.

Like having a Bugatti parked in an apartment complex in Culver City

Getting Jerry West to colude to give away Pau was cheap too though.
Jerry West quit the previous summer.

not sure you are understanding. ANY team that gets Russ is gonna want to feel like they have a good shot at signing him.

Aint no damn way Russ is agreeing to a 4 year max deal with the Nets in the off season.

So the Nets would be making a mistake.

Like having a Bugatti parked in an apartment complex in Culver City
Guy, you are not understanding.  The CELTICS own the NETS picks for the next 2 years.  Trade Westbrook to the CELTICS for the NETS next two first round picks plus whatever assets the Celtics are willing to give up.  More than likely the CELTICS are going to be in a better position that OKC in the next couple of years.

there were no guarantees, but pretty safe to say the GSW was more of a guarantee, which equals the easier way out.

I'd rather win a ring with a bunch of dudes who are as hungry as me and want to get that experience.

KD is like that new money in a group of rich dudes.

He joined the odds on favorite going into next year. What an easy decision

Lebron MADE Miami the odds on favorite, because of HIM.

But hey, we can ignore that. Its cool.

I don't know how anyone could expect Lebron to stay in Cleveland the first time. They tried hard to get him help. Bosh and Amare both said no his last season, at trade deadline, because why? Because of ONE word: CLEVELAND. What was a man supposed to do?

In my opinion, OKC was as good, if not better, than GSW. And with the addition of Oladipo, they look even stronger. Could have given them one more shot. He was doing a 1+1 regardless.
yeah cause bosh was irrelevant as well. lebron did it all on his own. not to mention the fact that wade was still in his prime for the first title or so and was one of the best players in the world still.

. yeah sorry i dont buy that. as we know teams win championships not players. both were cheap but i aint even tripping. i agree to disagree. im over the hating on super teams. do i like it ? nah but it is what it is.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom