2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I don't think this ruins competition in the NBA the NBA has always had a parody "problem" in the last 30 years there have only been 10 different champions.
mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:11107

Darn parodies.
laugh.gif

If championships really are the only thing that matters (not my opinion but a good amount of people think that) i'm not gonna be mad at players saying **** parody imma get mine.
ITS PARITY
My bad ill edit my post's I just now realized I was using the wrong word 
laugh.gif

From cruising the sites, seems like 90% of the people upset are Cavs fans... But they didn't even have a chance to sign him.

Lebrons super team building/chasing and Dan Gilbert's crying have ruined the league IMO. With the new CBA, players in the league gonna be grossly overpaid and we're all gonna end up footing the bill on ticket and cable prices. Hot mess. I put this mess on Stern and the story he was scripting to sell us. Gonna be interesting to watch... To freshen things up, the NBA should really do away with the East West so there isn't 14 lame teams in one (East) conference.

Ummmmmm....GSW just finished a 73-9 season, and were in a tightly contested game 7 for the Finals. Please don't start knocking down the Warriors players to spin this narrative :lol: :lol:

I'm not even spinning a "narrative", this is all I'm saying. It's really not that hard to understand. Hell, dudes had GSW finishing at the bottom of the West 2 years ago, and they won 67 games and a championship.

This is a team who's best players have made insane improvement, have great coaching and philosophy from a young, inexperienced coach, drafted well, and signed good role players on some low key sht."

I didn't say that. What I'm saying is their team being great had more to do with philosophy, coaching, system, fit, drafting and some luck.

Moreso than outright "talent".
they have 2 of the best 3 point shooters ever.. draymond along with the versatility of the rest of the roster allowed them to do a ton of stuff

there weren't many teams that had the length or athleticism to deal with them on a nightly basis.. let alone a 7 game series

From cruising the sites, seems like 90% of the people upset are Cavs fans... But they didn't even have a chance to sign him.

Lebrons super team building/chasing and Dan Gilbert's crying have ruined the league IMO. With the new CBA, players in the league gonna be grossly overpaid and we're all gonna end up footing the bill on ticket and cable prices. Hot mess. I put this mess on Stern and the story he was scripting to sell us. Gonna be interesting to watch... To freshen things up, the NBA should really do away with the East West so there isn't 14 lame teams in one (East) conference.

GMs have been grossly overpaying players forever. The numbers are just higher because the cap is higher. Ten years ago, the cap was $53 million. It's $94 million this year. And, they have to hit a higher salary floor than in the past.

mark Cuban better give dirk some serious money on the backend.. whenever he retires, dude should have a permanent on the boards of whatever companies Cuban owns 

hope yall know another lockout is coming

Howard BeckVerified account@HowardBeck 4h4 hours ago

NBA's failure to project and prepare for cap spike made KD-GSW possible. And NBPA's rejection of cap smoothing made it easier.

El Flaco@bomani_jones 3h3 hours ago

even when they try their best, no one can protect nba owners from themselves.

also, when do we get dan gilbert's sternly worded letter? this is what he wanted to prevent. that lockout is COMEDY now, isn't it?

btw, great job with that lockout to stop super teams and create competitive balance, owners. four years later, it's a two-team league.

Larry Beyince@DragonflyJonez 4h4 hours ago

Lockout's coming. OKC owner gonna say 10 yrs of building was thrown away in one summer by the cap rising. And everyone but Lacob will agree

:::cough::: massa callin from tha fron' porch

they have 2 of the best 3 point shooters ever.. draymond along with the versatility of the rest of the roster allowed them to do a ton of stuff

there weren't many teams that had the length or athleticism to deal with them on a nightly basis.. let alone a 7 game series

We know this.

Steve Kerr said out his own mouth that he had no intentions of starting Dray since he was horrible in training camp, and David Lee was playing well. The Warriors basically lucked into Dray with the Lee injury. And as said before, Curry being glass allows them to get KD.

NOBODY saw Steph curry having an all time great season. Or winning 2 back to back MVPs. Nobody. Klay made a huge jump and improved his game.

Golden State didn't have established "Superstars". Their core players just made unforeseen jumps.

If I told you at the start of the 2014 season that the Warriors would win 67 & 73 games the next two seasons....y'all woulda laughed at me. Hell, I woulda laughed myself :lol:.

Their talent is some of the most organic growth the NBA has seen. KD is an established addition to this team.

listen to all the crybabies go on and on about the way its supposed to be done

wgaf?

props to KD for taking control of his own future.

Back
Top Bottom