2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

The owners can veto trades they feel "Aren't for the better of the league" or whatever the verbage was (Cp3 to the Lakers trade), but can they do the same to free agency decisions?
The league owned the Hornets. That's why that happened.

The owners can veto trades they feel "Aren't for the better of the league" or whatever the verbage was (Cp3 to the Lakers trade), but can they do the same to free agency decisions?

The only thing the league can do is punish teams for collusion (like, if Riley held meetings with LeBron and Bosh prior to July 2010) or paying players under the table in order to sign other players (the Joe Smith incident). Other than that, the league can't tell a player where to sign, or force a team to not be able to sign someone.

Also, in the case of the CP3 trade, the league owned the Hornets at the time. Stern was essentially the de facto owner, and he vetoed it for "basketball reasons".

Word. You can tell that at times Klay Thompson is mad at Steph for holding back his shine how will he deal with this?
exactly. He need his touches too. He's gonna be a 3rd option if KD goes there

Klay is going to be open all day long. Why would he leave?
touches and being a 3rd option, maybe even 4th after green.
That boy still young, young guys want touches. Plays being ran for them.

Pau needs to go ahead and accept a 2 year deal to Minny ..the cost doesn't matter the two years tho :evil:

Lebron starter the precedent

LeBron didn't join a team he lost to in the playoffs.

No, worse... he had to go to a stacked team with superstars and call all his buddies to come over just to win one.
TO be honest, KD joining GSW would be WAY worse than what Lebron did, WAY WORSE bruh!

It'd be like if Isaiah Thomas joined the Bulls after the Bulls finally surpassed them.

just no

Like Webber or Duncan joining the Lakers in the early 00's. It's weak.

And it's funny cuz Durant was getting praised for a while cuz people thought he was the anti Lebron. "He's humble" and "He's staying with his team"

I would lose some respect for dude if he went to GS.

Do the OKC fans boo if he does leave? I'm going with yes.

jerseys will be set ablaze. this one would really hurt. They are so close. Cleveland wasn't legit that close when Lebron left. Nobody wanted to join Lebron in Cleveland the first time around

jerseys will be set ablaze. this one would really hurt. They are so close. Cleveland wasn't legit that close when Lebron left. Nobody wanted to join Lebron in Cleveland the first time around
Eh I doubt the jersey blazing thing
KD isn't embarrassing OKC on a national television level

really thought he would sign 1+1 to try again this year and to see what Russ does.

now, i have no clue what he will do.

still think that 1+1 is his best move. oh well.

Dog he will get boo'ed out of Chesapeake.

He would be sick or won't be "healthy" when his teams visits OKC.

He'd never come and play a regular season game in OKC, it would have to be the Playoffs

Back
Top Bottom