2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I'm more annoyed than mad. Yeah we could have $60M in cap room next summer but now we have to spend more money on an older, worse player to replace Lopez.

Also, i feel even worse about it after hearing Woj & Zach Lowe say there was no market for Rose. We could've waited & got him in a salary dump.

I obviously hope it works out but i don't know...

Last edited:
I see your point

I don't blame you bro

Let's hope our old man Phil spends wisely

Do or Die

man the lakers have been trash the past few years , sixers status and i dont even like any of the dudes on the team. our management looks like trash and ive  never thought about dippin out or finding a new squad.dlo is a snitch and ive never been fond of him
. im not high on clarkson or randle. meh  thats weak and yes i would like a cookie as well.  to each they own i guess but i think its weak switching up squads over a player. name of the front of the jersey> name on the back. players come and go. 

hypothetical, of course. But are you pissed if the Lakers max out DeRozan?

What are Laker fans hoping for?

Best case scenario is getting Westbrook to come home next year, which i feel is better than a 50/50 chance.

This KD or Lebron or both to LA rumors are ludicrous to me

I still don't know how the NBA doesn't have a lockout within 5 years, no matter how much money is being made because of these new deals.

We're going to see even more ridiculous deals being handed out now.

To be honest, I totally love this trade

Man, it's a win-win situation

If Rose still gets hurt, we let him go and add $21 mill more to cap room instead of paying Lopez's $13,788,500 and $14,357,750 in next two years which Lopez barely plays fourth quarters

If Rose redeems, we can re-sign him with his bird right

I have to admit that I always thought Rose's mentally weak when it comes to health issue. It took me a while to realize that Westbrook isn't damned a human

All this.

For the people jumping ship, you weren't real fans to begin with
I mean we got 2 threepeats! Imagine if you were a Kings, clippers, Hawks, Knicks etc etc etc fan who haven't won in 40+ years

Downside is D.rose jr. Gonna have to get a new plug. Son finna be out here like rich porter. I need dem bricks ace. I need dem bricks.

Son gonna be on 145th n broadway by saturday in some timbs, ski goggles and beeper.

I'm more annoyed than mad. Yeah we could have $60M in cap room next summer but now we have to spend more money on an older, worse player to replace Lopez.

Also, i feel even worse about it after hearing Woj & Zach Lowe say there was no market for Rose. We could've waited & got him in a salary dump.

There are nice options to replace Lopez, you could sign Bismack and try to move Kris to the 5 or have him play 4.

That's a much better defensive and rebounding lineup than Kris/Lopez, no offense to Lopez, he's a still a good player.

If Rose doesn't work out you don't have to re sign him, this is as good a situation as the Knicks could have gotten, you tripping if you think other wise.

If Phil can figure out a way to dump Afflalo for a pick than we really talking.

Chicago is really looking to trade Jimmy? They're wildin'.

Side note: I think Afflalo opted out of his second year.

Last edited:

There are nice options to replace Lopez, you could sign Bismack and try to move Kris to the 5 or have him play 4.

That's a much better defensive and rebounding lineup than Kris/Lopez, no offense to Lopez, he's a still a good player.

If Rose doesn't work out you don't have to re sign him, this is as good a situation as the Knicks could have gotten, you tripping if you think other wise.

If Phil can figure out a way to dump Afflalo for a pick than we really talking.

Once we hired Hornacek I knew it was only a matter of time before Lopez was traded. Porzingis fits much better at the 5 in an uptemp system compared to Lopez. I just didn't expect us to trade him for Rose.

As a Knicks fan I always prepare for the worst so for all i know Rose comes out & puts up 16/4/6 on league average shooting. :lol:

Afflalo opted out yesterday so he's no longer our problem. :smokin

i remember people loving Lopez's deal and called it a steal last year.
It was, and will only become more of a bargain when the cap goes up, but in my personal opinion Lopez wasn't anything amazing. He cleaned up. Played some defense. He's a solid center, but he's not impossible to replace.

Not to mention the fact that he was brought here almost as a crutch since the consensus was that Pprzingis would be a project, and he turned out to be able to handle a much bigger load than expected.

It's really a low risk/high reward situation IMO. First time in years I really liked a Knicks trade.

hypothetical, of course. But are you pissed if the Lakers max out DeRozan?

What are Laker fans hoping for?

Best case scenario is getting Westbrook to come home next year, which i feel is better than a 50/50 chance.

This KD or Lebron or both to LA rumors are ludicrous to me
i dont want westbrook or derozan... personally im hoping for whiteside and i was hoping mitch pulled a trade for someone better then demar. i honestly dont know. i dont like the makeup of the team right now though. 

Back
Top Bottom